• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Diddy Kong Social Thread

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Leavin' my lucky chants for Apex-players. Don't let those crocodiles cacophone ya and rock out your tunes!

Also Diddy's still love and life. I'm quite sad that I just recently decided to pick him up out of just maining back in Brawl (even if in P:M I concentrated on other chars)

Sheik's Needles are truly a problem tho.

Gil.

Smash Rookie
Hey. New Diddy Kong from England. Names Rob, been doing pretty well so far so yeah. Hey.

RESET Vao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RESET_Imp
With the recent event APEX, a lot of the ****posting is now directed at Ness' backthrow and how boring Rosalina/Sonic are to watch. Despite Zer0 winning (Presumably with Diddy) the masses are starting to realise that the character is actually not centralising or lame. I don't really take the opinions of these people seriously but it's somewhat cool that they've shut up a bit. Naturally "Hoo Hah" is more common on a sm4sh stream than even Kappa or whatever twitch emoticon everyone's spamming.

On a seperate note, Player-1 your movement was ****ing fluid. You played amazingly. Props man.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i got 49th at apex lol, last hit from 33rd too. guess i should put some time into this game.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I think me and P-1 tied for 17th. We both lost in loser finals of our 2nd round pool.

PS. M2K's Diddy picked me apart. So many punishes on spot dodges and rolls.

Player-1

Smash Legend
On a seperate note, Player-1 your movement was ****ing fluid. You played amazingly. Props man.
Thanks, hopefully vids from my pool match and salty suite are up soon

I think me and P-1 tied for 17th. We both lost in loser finals of our 2nd round pool.

PS. M2K's Diddy picked me apart. So many punishes on spot dodges and rolls.
ya i got 17th losing to abadango in first round pools and false in loser finals of 2nd round pools. I had a pretty hard round 2 pool with zero, false, zucco, myself, bloodcross, xaltis, max ketchum, as well as a handful of other good players so getting 3rd in the pool was pretty good since i started from losers.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I got bopped. Gotta practice up hard for the rest of the tourney season

Dissent

Bananaman Formerly Known As Sails
NNID
dotDissent
Thanks, hopefully vids from my pool match and salty suite are up soon

ya i got 17th losing to abadango in first round pools and false in loser finals of 2nd round pools. I had a pretty hard round 2 pool with zero, false, zucco, myself, bloodcross, xaltis, max ketchum, as well as a handful of other good players so getting 3rd in the pool was pretty good since i started from losers.
How are you calculating your placement? I won my first losers match of phase 2 and lost the second match which knocked me out (have lead; slip off b button and don't recover LOL).

Also, here's me getting bodied by Denti in phase 1 winners on stream. There are no Diddy's in New England but me so I have no real ditto experience and being on stream was kiiind of nerve-wracking. I took my loss well, though :)

Last edited:

Player-1

Smash Legend
well I know there were 16 people that went on to final bracket and I was one round away from the final bracket so that means I got 17th

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
i got 49th at apex lol, last hit from 33rd too. guess i should put some time into this game.
That would be nice at the Salty Runback I wanted to talk more in-depth with you on Diddy to help develop the meta a bit I saw you on stream I was hyped man hope you come back to Oklahoma everyone would be so happy to see you again!

Shoutout to all the Diddy's that put in work @ Fliphopper Fliphopper will you be at Shockwave this week? I'll be there.

adn @ Player-1 Player-1 I heard of a tourney called Final Round will be in ATL Im planning on going so it would be cool to meet you as well.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Final Round is usually a fun time. I usually go every year for Ultra, but luckily they added Smash 4 this year

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
How are you calculating your placement? I won my first losers match of phase 2 and lost the second match which knocked me out (have lead; slip off b button and don't recover LOL).
you got 65th then.

RESET Vao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RESET_Imp

"Keep Calm and [X]" is a massive pop culture thing here in UK, not sure about elsewhere. Had to get this as a T-Shirt to annoy people with.

Regralht

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regralht
Heya, I created a Skype chat where I'll be trying to gather people from each char specific skype group, into one for MU discussion or friendlies.

Edit: link for some reason autocorrects to something else, just copy and paste this...

skype:?chat&blob=8dWUcz__4ed4SlQymHkEdKXQzCIElq_cW318zWNGWFxg03IFNk28BI1AaOBZVy2rL-bn0H7LQmXTlxTRXxmo9jE

Last edited:

Dissent

Bananaman Formerly Known As Sails
NNID
dotDissent
It autocorrected yours too. Why it does this, I'm not sure. ;-;

Thanks though.
I see, it's adding http. Yeah, that's the bbcode doing it then. This is why I'm an avocate of being able to do <a href="stuff">WORDS</a> but apparently HTML support in forum posts these days is 2scary

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In what way will Diddy benefit if customs are legalised? I think his standard moveset is best, maybe only Giant Peanut and Shock Banana have their use, but I can't find any uses for Side B customs or Up B ones.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Not too sure where to post this, need Diddy exp and as a dorf main I'd like to set up U matches.

Jugoken

Smash Cadet
It is the Year 20XX....everyone and their mother mains Diddy Kong....the meta has evolved to the point...games are won by....whoever shoots...the first peanut. A Sheik player desperately tries to prevent the Apocalypse....but fails miserably....the meta has evolved...stages were destroyed...by mere peanuts.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
What would you guys say Diddy's general pros and cons are? Besides Dthrow >U air and his Bananas anyway? I've been finding more Diddy's in my scene recently and playing as him a little more often casually, I just wanted to know what I can exploit when fighting him or if he has anything else I wanna watch out for besides just that infamous Down Throw (his Dtilt seems pretty godlike... is it?), and vice versa if I'm the one who's Diddy.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration

"Keep Calm and [X]" is a massive pop culture thing here in UK, not sure about elsewhere. Had to get this as a T-Shirt to annoy people with.
i had a diddy kong shirt during finals at apex lol
like an actual t shirt version of his in-game shirt

Last edited:

Spatman

Smash Ace
yesterday I watched some brawl videos about diddy, and today I played some matches (vs cpu). Oh, how I miss the two brawl bananas... Diddy in brawl was funnier, imo.
It would be awesome if they make Dixie as dlc and make her very similar to brawl's diddy (with the proper differences)

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
If Dixie is added, I'd rather see her be her own unique character and not end up being a clone.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Grabs an opponent's banana in a Diddy ditto, Down-B's to toss two bananas behind me at the same time. Actually never thought about doing this while edge guarding. I just **** around doing it cause I like how Diddy just tosses whatever he's holding to toss out his own banana.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Grabs an opponent's banana in a Diddy ditto, Down-B's to toss two bananas behind me at the same time. Actually never thought about doing this while edge guarding. I just **** around doing it cause I like how Diddy just tosses whatever he's holding to toss out his own banana.
A player named "Red X" and @Legit were doing that on stream last weekend if I remember.

Top Bottom