• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
if you wanna play a game with mario and sonic buy, mario and sonic go to the olympics.
that god for sega making a game that would break the segtendo rivalry, i know del money is looking forward to it

Del Money

Smash Champion
if you wanna play a game with mario and sonic buy, mario and sonic go to the olympics.
that god for sega making a game that would break the segtendo rivalry, i know del money is looking forward to it
i sure hope you were kidding
I've been hearing a lot about that game lately. What is it?
http://www.sega.com/gamesite/marioandsonic/index.php make no mistake, this game will suck

oh and try to keep the topic on Diddy before mods ome in and close this thread up

Diddy FTW

Sinn

Smash Lord
I've noticed the little "Diddy FTW" and "Sonic 4 Brawl" at the end of people's posts...it kinda makes me feel like it's a cult xD

"For the greater good..."

Recognize that and you get a cookie.

But tell me of this Chimpy Charge since, again, I never played the 64 game and have no idea what it is. If push came to shove, Diddy's cartwheel could still be a great dash attack to spam the competition with.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Chimpy charge would make a good smash attack I think, I guess >B would work but what ev'
It's where he tucks and stamps his feet (charging) and takes off (along the ground) a smashes into people.

I soooooo happy for Diddy!

SCRAMBLE!!!

I'm gonna yell that everytime I chose him on the select list lol!

T-major

Smash Champion
the Chimpy Charge was a running head-butt that Diddy could learn. you used to to hit certant switches. I can imagine it being a Forward B, similar to Yoshi's Egg roll.

and the cartwheel is the best possible dash attack they could give Diddy. I also hope they change DK's dash attack to his roll.

Del Money

Smash Champion
basically what Dynamism said...Diddy gets on all fours ( or at least in the Fox-illusion-position), revs up his feet, and their charges forward head first. it seems like itll more than certainly be his forward+B. but it can easily be a dash attack as well minus the feet revving part. i guess the same two conditions are also true of the cartwheelas well

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Finally!! Diddy Kong an new, New Main, I want a down + B to have orange granades :chuckle:

Sinn

Smash Lord
Cartwheel mid-air *thinks*
Nah...Dash attack

I guess >B works for CC, I just wanna SCRAMBLE!!!!

Diddy UpB Rocketbarrel vertically and towards the edge + pulling out the P Gun and pickin' the edgeguarders off FTW!
While that does make more sense, Diddy's cartwheel in the air off a platform was one of the most useful techniques in the first two DKC games. And one of the major things (along with how he held barrels) that I think made him superior to DK in the first game. And he just kinda felt faster, ya know?

And I would be very sad if the cartwheel was downgraded to his dodge...

Del Money

Smash Champion
Finally!! Diddy Kong an new, New Main, I want a down + B to have orange granades :chuckle:
foe-get that...itll probably be simian slam from DK64
his cartwheel is going to be reduced to his shield dodge
i sure as hell hope not

While that does make more sense, Diddy's cartwheel in the air off a platform was one of the most useful techniques in the first two DKC games. And one of the major things (along with how he held barrels) that I think made him superior to DK in the first game. And he just kinda felt faster, ya know?
100% agreed. cartwheel-off-platform-to-jump=long friggin distance hangtime for Diddy. cartwheel for a forward+B does seem less likely than chimpy charge...oh well. and yes, Diddy was easily superior to DK in the first game and in DKL1 as well

Del Money

Smash Champion
Cartwheel had better be his dash attack. If not dash attack, then nair.
perhaps...but id prefer it be a land-based attack. *points at sig* dude...Brett Favre needs to go, man...he just needs to go

spike9407

Smash Apprentice
Actually...I don't know what you mean ^-^;; Could you elaborate?
They are going to have to weaken him so that he isn't basically fast DK. I just hope they don't go overboard with weakening him. Do you understand now?

Top Bottom