• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
RED CARD!! from strikers, he points in any direction and any player rises all the way up to their death

@murarengan-- how is diddy a stretch??

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Just IMO. It seems like a stretch for me because I couldn't imagine a MS for him. But then again, I had forgotten about his peanut shooter etc.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I can't beleive you said diddy was a strecht!!??!?!
He is one of THE most important characters in regards to popularity and significance in the nintendo world among characters not in melee...and not being able to come up with a MS would be fixed by reading more of this thread and/or the fact that he's a monkey with a tail and has a history of games with accessories and moves to go along with him.
SCRAMBLE~~~~!

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Diddy's not a streatch, but I don't see another Kong. Diddy was really want, but none of the others were. K. Rool has a chance.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
It would be funny if his down B did switch to Dixie just to spite the people celebrating that there will be no tagteam.

But I do think that Dixie on her own would be a waste. I wanted them to use team moves like in the DK Country games.

I was worried that Diddy would not bring anything new to the game (and he still might not), but Sakurai's promise of a hyper monkey always on the move is interesting.

I just hope he is not Pikachu with Fox's moves.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
The reason I said he was a stretch was because he never had a really popular game that was centered solely around him except maybe Diddy Kong Racing

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I doubt we'll see another Kong. Diddy was a stretch, another one would be kinda over the limit.
Really?

Diddy seemed like an obvious addition, to me. DK DESPERATELY needed another rep from his franchise, and if it was going to be anyone, it was going to be Diddy. And it is. If they decided to fit in one more, I think they totally could. Though that might be a bit of a stretch.

I read some of the earlier posts in this thread and saw that some people thought Diddy would be a DK clone if he got in—a laughable thought, in my opinion. I'm not a huge fan of Kongs in the first place, but Diddy is, by far, the one I'd most like to try out. If there's one monkey I'm going to frequent, it'll be Diddy.

But is anyone else bothered by the Nintendo plug on his hat? Why does Diddy have to be a walking, fighting billboard for the company when the whole game does a great job of that anyway?

Also, I have an idea for how his peanut pop gun might work. Press B (or whatever combination the gun may be) and he pulls out the gun and kind of "locks" to the ground. Then, press A to shoot a peanut (moves slowly but is not effected by gravity) and move the cursor to control what direction you fire. The peanuts bounce of things at odd angles, kind of like Dr. Mario's pills (so if you aim the gun at the ground, the peanut will bounce up and his someone in the air). Then press B a second time to get out of "gun mode".

If Diddy's in the air, then the gun works much more like Luigi's fireballs.

Just a thought.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Spike, it's because this was here a while back. Well, there's no use debating about whether or no Diddy Kong will be Brawl or not. He looks like a fun character to play with.

Vali

Smash Ace
I'm still in awe of the fact that Diddy/Dixie Tag Team was proposed BEFORE Solo Diddy was!

Anyway, 270 somethin pages? You guys, you're just wasting space on this forum. There's no reason for debate when it comes to Diddy being in Brawl. He WILL be in Brawl.
Oh the irony of that post about "wasting space on this forum". Diddy can be discussed thoroughly about his moveset and people at the moment are just over the moon about his inclusion. Don't start whining about forum space, there's far more useless spam topics being created all the time and many of the members posting in this thread have spent months and years supporting Diddy's inclusion. They at least and more than anyone deserve this. Closing down the topic because he's confirmed? Not a chance in hell.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Does nintendo own each and every character from the Rare-made DK games?

Could there possibly be licensing issues with some of the others?
They own every Kong, Kremling, Animal Buddy, and anyone who first appeared in the DKC series.

Rare owns everyone who appeared in the original Diddy Kong Racing besides Diddy and Krunch

So there's no legal issues. Diddy's hat says Nintendo for crying out loud.

spike9407

Smash Apprentice
Spike, it's because this was here a while back. Well, there's no use debating about whether or no Diddy Kong will be Brawl or not. He looks like a fun character to play with.
Oh yeah. Thanks for reminding me that. It's still pretty crazy though. I really want to play as him. I'm starting to wonder what they are going to do so that he won't be a fast DK if you know what I mean. I just hope they don't go overboard with it.

enigma618

Smash Rookie
well im sure most of you know this but if you dont on smash bros dojo he was confirmed today diddy kong is in brawl

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
They own every Kong, Kremling, Animal Buddy, and anyone who first appeared in the DKC series.

Rare owns everyone who appeared in the original Diddy Kong Racing besides Diddy and Krunch

So there's no legal issues. Diddy's hat says Nintendo for crying out loud.
Actually, the only characters from the original DKR that Rare owns are Conker and Banjo. Tiptup and the gang are Nintendo's.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Really?

Also, I have an idea for how his peanut pop gun might work. Press B (or whatever combination the gun may be) and he pulls out the gun and kind of "locks" to the ground. Then, press A to shoot a peanut (moves slowly but is not effected by gravity) and move the cursor to control what direction you fire. The peanuts bounce of things at odd angles, kind of like Dr. Mario's pills (so if you aim the gun at the ground, the peanut will bounce up and his someone in the air). Then press B a second time to get out of "gun mode".

If Diddy's in the air, then the gun works much more like Luigi's fireballs.

Just a thought.
That is what I was thinking. The peanut should be like Doctor Mario's pills. Except they should be quicker and be able to cover much more distance. To balance it out the peanuts should have no stun effect, but gain it after a few bounces. The peanut should even bounce of characters.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Actually, the only characters from the original DKR that Rare owns are Conker and Banjo. Tiptup and the gang are Nintendo's.
I've heard that on the Diddy Kong Racing DS box, it says some characters are still owned by Rare. And Banjo and Conker got the boot off that game. Who knows.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Oh yeah. Thanks for reminding me that. It's still pretty crazy though. I really want to play as him. I'm starting to wonder what they are going to do so that he won't be a fast DK if you know what I mean. I just hope they don't go overboard with it.
Actually...I don't know what you mean ^-^;; Could you elaborate?

enigma618

Smash Rookie
Diddy High Tier? good possibility im glad they are putting him in hes a good choice for the smash series

Del Money

Smash Champion
It would be funny if his down B did switch to Dixie just to spite the people celebrating that there will be no tagteam.
how would that be funny? why does everyone think that the down+B is so rejected? it was the ICs-type duo that we were so against. not the switching. 2 kongs on screen simultaneously VS 1 kong on screen = THERES A DIFFERENCE
I love how two people spelled stretch wrong.
thats actually insanely funny. havent had a decent laugh all day yet so thatll have to do
im pretty sure he will have his kartwheel move as a dash attack
it makes sense. however it could instead be a forward+B since the cartwheel is a Diddy signature move. but then again, the Chimpy Charge from DK64 might be used for forward+B instead. i dunno, whatever works.
Oh the irony of that post about "wasting space on this forum". Diddy can be discussed thoroughly about his moveset and people at the moment are just over the moon about his inclusion. Don't start whining about forum space, there's far more useless spam topics being created all the time and many of the members posting in this thread have spent months and years supporting Diddy's inclusion. They at least and more than anyone deserve this. Closing down the topic because he's confirmed? Not a chance in hell.
thank God for intelligence
you want some more w00tsauce with your update
confirm Sonic and id be all set

Top Bottom