• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Diddy IS solo. Period. Sakurai would never hide something that big away from us. I just mean, a Dixie switch move is a lot more update or atleast mention worthy that it'd get priority over let's say... the Rocketbarrel Boost or the Peanut Pop Guns?

Still doesn't mean that the Diddy and Dixie duo was a bad idea, no infact I liked it aswell but this I wanted just slightly more to happen, and so it did. Anyways, Diddy's in Brawl! FINALLY!

Ahahahahaha

Yeah, if these updates have told us ANYTHING, it's that we know exactly how Sakurai's mind works.... he never surprises us at all...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
but will diddy be better than his uncle Donkey Kong
Seeing as DK always gets screwed over in every Smash Bros. till now competive wise... I say yes, probarly... but by the looks of it even Bowser might perhaps be better than DK now. >_<

Ahahahahaha

Yeah, if these updates have told us ANYTHING, it's that we know exactly how Sakurai's mind works.... he never surprises us at all...
Ohh yeah, then tell me this: why did we got an explenation about Pokémon Trainer right away? Why did we got Ike's special moves right after we Sakurai mentoined Ike had Aether in his moveset? Sure, Sakurai is unpredictable, but you give the guy way too much credit. Diddy's solo.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
I wonder if kinetic will come back to this thread. While DainBramaged was man enough to come back to the thread and apologize, I noticed that many of Red's nay sayers (not to mention any names...) still come to this board regularly and dodge the Red thread entirely. If he actually comes back to admit he was wrong, he has my respect.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
i don't know, DK (donkey kong) he is the leader of the bunch we know him we'll, he's back and he'll kick some tail, but what will be diddys final smash

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Seeing as their already drawing moves from DK64, his Guitar Guizap isn't as farfected as it once sounded. It'd suit very well with DK's Konga Blast Final Smash.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
DK's final smash is the terrible gamecube peripheral, can't you tell? Just look at the **** thing. Also DK is NOT Diddy's uncle, Diddy just considers him like an uncle.

Del Money

Smash Champion
?????????
Explain, please?
were you not getting mad about how people who didnt want an ICs-type duo were celebrating?
How do you figure?

See previous comment
well lets see...given Diddy's more recent appearances in game as his own character, i doubt it would make any logical sense to shove him in an ICs-type duo with Dixie in brawl based on just ONE Donkey Kong title. basically my point as that if Diddy being paired with Dixie simultaneously onscreen was something that should rightfully happen, then the Diddy/Dixie pair wouldntve have occured in just one instance and that every time Diddy was introduced into a game, you could expect to see Dixie there right beside him. and plus if that was the case then no one would really care about Diddy being solo or not
Ohh yeah, then tell me this: why did we got an explenation about Pokémon Trainer right away? Why did we got Ike's special moves right after we Sakurai mentoined Ike had Aether in his moveset? Sure, Sakurai is unpredictable, but you give the guy way too much credit. Diddy's solo.
yes Sakurai is unpredictable at times but there is definitely some common sense and logic that comes with his updates. most of the time when a character is added, we get special moves or a FS shortly after. so i agree with you that Sakurai's unpredictability is not something to **** our pants over which is why i think we'll get Diddy's FS tonight. however, you cant automatically assume that down+B wont be Dixie-related at all after not having seen the special moves yet. keep in mind that if down+B were to use the tag barrel, it would confirm a new character and that is obviously a surprise element that Sakurai would probably want to keep under wraps for a while. Sakurai mentioning the peanut guns and the jetbarrel doesnt change anything. it could simply be the fact that the other B moves arent as well known that Sakurai didnt feel the need to mention them (which is what i think), and then again it could be the surprise factor. remember, we havent gotten Zelda's special moves yet either and theres a lot of hints to Sheik's return. the way it looks now, Diddy will be solo and in no way will his moves hint at Dixie's inclusion. but the way it also looks now is that Snake will be the only 3rd party in brawl, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics is Sega's idiotic substitute for putting Sonic in brawl, and that Petey Piranha is a boss and nothing more. im not gonna rule anything out until the official deconfirmation

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy isn't DK's nephew? In which game was this explained...
No t'was in DK's profile in SSB64. Finally Sakurai corrected himself by calling Diddy DK's pal in the update. And indeed, the Bongo's are horrible...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But... they aren't related in any sort of way. .__.; The DK family is a complicated mather, I know but for now just remember this.

DK = Cranky's son. Cranky = the original Donkey Kong, thus DK Jr. = the current Donkey Kong. Candy Kong is apperantly DK's girlfriend or atleast love intresst. Cranky Kong has a dead wife: Wrinky Kong who now often appears in DK games in her spirit form.
Dixie = Tiny's older sister and Chunkey and Kiddy's cousin. Also Diddy's girlfriend.

All other Kongs aren't related to each other at all, or atleast as far as we know. Funky might be related to either Dixie or DK aswell as Swanky Kong.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I'm gonna still think of Diddy as DK's nephew since I've thought that for so long. That's like finding out that Mario and Luigi aren't brothers!
On the next episode of Jerry Springer:
Luigi: I thought you were my brother.
Mario: No. I'm not really your brother. Your parents were dodo birds. And I'm not really Mario. I'm....
*Mario rips off his clothes to reveal women's clothing*
Mario: I'M MARIA!
*they fight and the crowd boos or cheers*

red stone

Smash Ace
at first, i hated the idea of diddy kong. his range is just horrible and he doesn't look like a fighter at all. but then i thought how that now there is a fast representative from the dk series. maybe he'll be higher tier, who knows.

spike9407

Smash Apprentice
i think he will be hgih tier just becuz he seems like a fast character and he has projectiles
dont say well u dont no yet im just gessing

Luigi333

Smash Journeyman
YES!

Diddy Kong was my most wanted new character for Brawl, so this is awesome news that he's in!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Diddy should have been playable in Smash Bros long, long ago. Now that he is confirmed, a terrible wrong has been righted and all is right with the world. :)

In other news, what weight class do you think Diddy will fall under? I had imagined him as a medium weight like Mario, but now that I think about it he appears to be more of a light weight. Thoughts?

Top Bottom