• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Dammit! The ONE night I don't stay up waiting for the Brawl update ends up being the unveiling of the one and only Diddy Kong... ****!!! :mad:

Needless to say though, Diddy looks friggin' awesome. And it's about **** time they give the Donkey Kong franchise more than ONE representative...

Truce

Smash Cadet
Hell yeah, Diddy! And he's not a clone!

Diddy's absolutely getting a spin when Brawl is mine. The little man deserves it.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Hey, I was just talking with a guy who had said that Diddy Kong SHOUDLN'T be in Brawl, because he's going to be a "speedy monkey" type alongside a "strong gorilla" type or some sh** like that...

When I tried to prove him wrong, he challenged me to fight him when Brawl finally comes out, me using Diddy and him using Ike.

I accepted.

I said it once, I'll say it again. No one deserves a Brawl spot more then Diddy. Now that he's in, I can yell "pwned" to all those Diddy Haters! HAHA!, you suck! :laugh:

BTW, Diddy isn't childish, Pokémon are childsh. The only real people who like him are classic gamers, and generally a older crowd, so saying that is retarted. HE was made by Rare after all...which is known for their mature games=James Bond, Perfect Dark, and Conker. So ya, Diddy Kong pwns all! :)
How is pokemon childish? >_>;

Anyway... I'm soooo glad they confirmed Diddy Kong! I didn't even doubt the fact that he'd be in! Now all we need is for Ridley, Dedede, and Olimar to get confirmed

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Quick note to all the jerks gloating about him not being paired with Dixie:

1) It still would be a great idea, regardless of your opinion.

2) It would not make them an Ice Climbers knockoff, since there is precedent for them being on screen at the same time (DKC2), and since their ability to change between two distinct characters would set them apart from IC

3) We don't know what his down-B move will be. You never know...

Oh, yeah, and I'm predicting the Mojo site's next update to be P Diddy....

Kirby knight

Smash Lord

Yeah in your opinion, people just don't like the idea, I'm one of them; and your one that does.

2) It would not make them an Ice Climbers knockoff, since there is precedent for them being on screen at the same time (DKC2), and since their ability to change between two distinct characters would set them apart from IC

If there was a Dixie, Diddy combo I liked the barrel idea, but that's not the case.

Hmm that's interesting; however I'm pretty sure if they were a pair it would of been mentioned on the site.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
LOL, Kin3tic-c4jun-3 = owned! :laugh:

How is pokemon childish? >_>;

Anyway... I'm soooo glad they confirmed Diddy Kong! I didn't even doubt the fact that he'd be in! Now all we need is for Ridley, Dedede, and Olimar to get confirmed
I was making a point. ;) Anyways.... <_<

Hey, I was just talking with a guy who had said that Diddy Kong SHOUDLN'T be in Brawl, because he's going to be a "speedy monkey" type alongside a "strong gorilla" type or some sh** like that...

When I tried to prove him wrong, he challenged me to fight him when Brawl finally comes out, me using Diddy and him using Ike.

I accepted.
HEHE, he got owned.BTW....

http://diddy.%20kong.%20haters.justgotowned.com/

HEHE, had to do it! Diddy Kong Haters got owned! :laugh:

PrincessToadstool

Smash Cadet
Before I kinda didnt like the fact that hes in brawl, but now that I think it about it, its kinda cool, and hes growing on me [plus I have to get used to him now].

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Even the haters are coming around! Girls don't have to appreciate his coolness they can just admire his cuteness. I predict this should be enough to make even Sean of DKU have some restored faith in Nintendo.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
In every "(Character) for Brawl!" thread, there's always that ONE guy who has extreme arguments against the character. (kin3tic in this thread, DainBramaged in the Pokemon Trainer thread.) That makes it so much better with the character is actually confirmed. I love seeing their reactions.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Ah, finally got the chance to post...

...DIDDY! It's great to see him finally confirmed since We all knew he was going to be in. If anyone had doubt in that... well they're just silly.

Wished it could have been Ridley today though...

Del Money

Smash Champion

ok first off, you need to calm the hell down. if Diddy and Dixie were meant to be dumbed down by being forced to be a duo, Nintendo wouldntve emphasised Diddy being his own character as much. Diddy and Dixie would would probably have been a tag team in DK64 as well. Diddy deserves respect as his own independent character in brawl and his inclusion in Strikers Charged and Mario Power Tennis and Double Dash only further supports Diddy as his own character
you say that like its such damming news to Diddy solo fans. personally id be perfectly fine with that, in fact i think i want it. itll give the DK franchise more reps and the mere cost of one move...so basically no matter what the outcome, Del Money wins with Diddy
Zelda and Shiek are the same person, while Diddy and Dixie are separate monkeys. So I think Sakurai would have mentioned something as big as that.
yes but if youve played DKL2 for Gameboy, youll know that a tag barrel switch for down+B isnt impossible. also, if Sakurai mentioned it then we'd have 2 newcomer confirmations in one day and something like that seems like way too big of a gift even for Sakurai. i say wait for the special moves first before jumping to conclusions...anything that hasnt been deconfirmed yet is still a possibility

xianfeng

Smash Hero
yes thats true.... its pretty crazy, I wont dispute the fact that diddy is a staple to an established franchise
Well glad to see you can at least recognise that.

but I will add that I preffer tall, dark and muscular characters
I like them too, I just prefer characters like Diddy because I'm 14 but I can be the most immature and childish person you can meet at times (and then others serious and stern).

because the inner child inside me died
That's too bad... My inner child is still alive and kicking and I am one of the happiest people you will meet!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
In every "(Character) for Brawl!" thread, there's always that ONE guy who has extreme arguments against the character. (kin3tic in this thread, DainBramaged in the Pokemon Trainer thread.) That makes it so much better with the character is actually confirmed. I love seeing their reactions.
WEll you know wat! Diddy Kong haters just got own3d!!!

They are going to react, because they know they got mother f***ing owned! :laugh:

And there is a zero percente chance of a Diddy/Dixie duo in any way, shape, or form other then if Dixie gets in Brawl and you're playing teams! :laugh:

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
yes but if youve played DKL2 for Gameboy, youll know that a tag barrel switch for down+B isnt impossible. also, if Sakurai mentioned it then we'd have 2 newcomer confirmations in one day and something like that seems like way too big of a gift even for Sakurai. i say wait for the special moves first before jumping to conclusions...anything that hasnt been confirmed yet is still a possibility
All three of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon were confirmed in the same day. I think Diddy's gonna be solo.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Well diddy is confirmed... I guess I can't really say anything anybody else hasn't yet... I expected him to make it so, it wasn't a big shocker. ^^;

lol I wasn't expecting to see my SN under the diddy fans list. Considering I said I would rather see dk jr. ((Which did bring the lawls :laugh: )) I guess it was because the Diddy for brawl sig I made, and used for awhile? >_>

Del Money

Smash Champion
All three of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon were confirmed in the same day. I think Diddy's gonna be solo.
yes but Pokemon Trainer is a single character and all the pokemon are merged into one character (the "This Games Winner Is.." screen will more than likely say "Pokemon Trainer" instead of "Squirtle". Zelda and Sheik were official separate characters in melee. the way things look right now, Diddy is solo but im not ruling anything out until i see his special moves. im not saying youre wrong and im not saying im right. i just wanna see his special moves before i make any conclusions

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
yes but Pokemon Trainer is a single character and all the pokemon are merged into one character (the "This Games Winner Is.." screen will more than likely say "Pokemon Trainer" instead of "Squirtle". Zelda and Sheik were official separate characters in melee. the way things look right now, Diddy is solo but im not ruling anything out until i see his special moves. im not saying youre wrong and im not saying im right. i just wanna see his special moves before i make any conclusions
That's a pretty good theory actually. We'll have to see how that pans out.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy IS solo. Period. Sakurai would never hide something that big away from us. I just mean, a Dixie switch move is a lot more update or atleast mention worthy that it'd get priority over let's say... the Rocketbarrel Boost or the Peanut Pop Guns?

Still doesn't mean that the Diddy and Dixie duo was a bad idea, no infact I liked it aswell but this I wanted just slightly more to happen, and so it did. Anyways, Diddy's in Brawl! FINALLY!

Del Money

Smash Champion
Diddy IS solo. Period. Sakurai would never hide something that big away from us. I just mean, a Dixie switch move is a lot more update or atleast mention worthy that it'd get priority over let's say... the Rocketbarrel Boost or the Peanut Pop Guns?

Still doesn't mean that the Diddy and Dixie duo was a bad idea, no infact I liked it aswell but this I wanted just slightly more to happen, and so it did. Anyways, Diddy's in Brawl! FINALLY!
oh well..whatever happens happens. Diddy is in brawl and his character doesnt simultaneously share the screen with Dixie so i must say im on Cloud 9000!!!!

and the winner is charizard....
charizard does flamethrower on PT's face
laul

Top Bottom