• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
actually, there was a story. it was dk's journey to become the king of the jungle, but it didn't have an dkc elements and it was pretty short. i don't think it made a mockery of dk however. although, that is me.

they really need to make a diddy kong game. not diddy kong racing, and not with dk's name in the title, but just a diddy kong adventure game.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Jungle Beat did mock DK. Nintendo was trying to make more like a gorilla. The ironic thing though was that DK was more gorilla-ish in Rare's hands.

Rare: DK was a kind hearted guy who would never hurt anybody unless they do harm to him or his family.

Nintendo: DK fights anything at a drop of a hat and beats up kings for no appearant reason.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Yeah Diddy does need another spinoff DKC2 was one of the most popular games on the SNES so you think nintendo would act on it, he has DKC2 and DKL2 as his platformers with DK's name and DKR and DKRDS as his series, but Diddy Kong World would be cool.

icymatt

Smash Lord
I guess they were trying to make DK more like the original DK?

Eh, all I know is that I quite enjoyed Jungle Beat. Arcadey fun that made good use of the bongos. The boss battles are very awesome.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
But the original DK was Cranky, why would they completly overhaul DK's already set personality, oh well I suppose nintendo loves screw ups *coughsupermariosunshinecough* *coughpreviousstatementwasIMOsodon'tgethuffycough*
anyway DIDDY FOR BRAWL, the bongos sucked.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Really, what they have to do is make another adventure game in the style of DK64. Maybe "Donkey Kong Country Wii".

By the way, Diddy kicks major ***.

MetaKirby

Smash Rookie
Diddy's "Super Smash" move should be him playing his guitar and attacking everone on the stage like in DK64!

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
The Basement Dweller said:
Diddy shouldn't be in brawl all he is is a supportcharacter to DK.
And isn't Luigi the support character to Mario? Luigi got in.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Fine but not everyone needs a support character. If they pick diddy fine but he doesnt need to be in.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
Point. Just because one got in does that mean they all should.
Luigi was the exact same as Mario in the first games he has been in. It wasn't until Super Mario Bros. 2 in which Luigi started to become different, with his jump becoming better than Mario's.

In the original game Diddy Kong was in, he was set differently from Donkey Kong from the start. While Donkey was big and powerful, Diddy was smaller and weaker and could do cartwheels. There was a much bigger difference between them and Mario & Luigi.

Diddy would have an original moveset, unlike Luigi who was just a mere clone of Mario in the original SSB.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
Movesets aren't the point the point is he is still a support character.
Well who do you suggest to be the next DK character in Brawl that isn't a support character? DK is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises and it is definitely overdue for another character in SSB.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Not really small amount of characters to choose from so I'm thinking no to any others, but if you think about it Mario is sort of a DK character really. DK ness anyone?

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Saying he's a support character is the stupidest argument I've ever heard. Let me see if I can name all the support characters in Melee *checks desktop wallpaper*

Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Yoshi
Ganondorf
Falco
Zelda
Sheik
Pichu
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff

(I said the Pokemon because they ARE supporting characters. The main character of the Pokemon games is the trainer you play as)

But hey, let's take them out too. Worthless little devils. Taking out supporting character would leave us with...nothing.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Dweller and Zombie, congratulations on one of the crappiest arguments ever, but I can't really say anything about your argument that hasn't already been disproven, colbusman, I completley agree with your post.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Movesets aren't the point the point is he is still a support character.
A supoporting character that has had 4 games of his own.

The Bestment Dweller said:
Diddy shouldn't be in brawl all he is is a supportcharacter to DK.
Then you must hate most of the characters in SSBM

bbb

Smash Champion
I personally still can't believe Diddy wasn't in melee. And for those dissing support characters: Luigi owns your soul. Never go against the family.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
bombsoldier_002 said:
i really cant for the arrivasl didd kong if he makes his apperance im gonna make a combo vid soon...
I'm not trying to be mean but I can't understand what the hell you just said, could you say it again with proper spelling and grammar, sorry I just can't decipher your post.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure he means that if Diddy's in he going to make a combo vid of him using Diddy.

bombsoldier_002

Smash Rookie
xianfeng said:
I'm not trying to be mean but I can't understand what the hell you just said, could you say it again with proper spelling and grammar, sorry I just can't decipher your post.
my bad dude.
what i was meant to say is if diddy kong appears in ssbb im gonna a combo vid soon...

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I wish they would have forgotten Brawl doesnt need another hairy ape, chimp or whatever you want to call him.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Brawl doesn't really need anymore DK characters, but if there is one it should be Diddy, however I'd rather Chunky. Personal preferance onlyfor Chunky over Diddy.
I'll take that as a complement Muffin.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Doesn't need more DK characters? There's only ONE character, and Mario characters aren't DK characters, and DK is Nintendo's fourth best selling franchise, it deserves TWO characters, and Chunky sucks.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Yep, lets exclude a bunch of popular characters who many people enjoy because two people(the same person) don't want them, great logic.

Top Bottom