• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Muffin_man said:
I wish you and Basement Dweller would shut up already.
Most likely their the same person.

ANYWAYS: why wuld chunky be in before diddy?

Chunky would be a DK Clone, even DK JR has more movelist possibilities

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
We are two people you guys need a life and DK is the main of almost all of them. Anyway it isn't going to affect the roster if someone is for or against them not here anyway.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Posting crap AND insulting people, anyway, learn to spell, I have no idea what the hell you meant after saying get a life.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I will stop accusing you of being the same person from now on ok, Chunky always was the funny one in DK64 but he wouldn't work too well in Brawl he would proberly end up being a dk clone, but Diddy doesn't share any moves with anyone else

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Iggy K said:
Posting crap and insulting people, anyway, learn to spell, I have no idea what the hell you meant after saying get a life.
I left out "is" there were no spelling errors though and you need a life because you are allways accusing zombie and myself as being one person. If you need a third person besides us who know we are different people ask Master_J if he gets on ever. He has been registered for almost four days and has no posts all he did was PM zombie asking what he should do. On top of that we are hosting a tournament if we can get the school in Perrysburg so lets see my supposedly Schizoid self be in two places at once there. If we have the tournament contact Sliq he will be going he will vouge for us then I'm sure and he doesn't even know us I mean how could he he lives two hours away. So wait untill then to accuse us of being the same person atleast why or better yet come to the tourny yourself details are on the Midwest regionals under Northwest Ohio Tournament in Perrysburg.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Then you must have left something out, I didnt' understand this part
The Basement Dweller said:
and DK is the main of almost all of them.
Main of what? And since I live in Australia, i doubt I'll be going to your tourney.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Ask Mic 128 we have different IP addresses. Check the thread No Items in brawl. He says it in there.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Iggy K said:
Then you must have left something out, I didnt' understand this part

Main of what? And since I live in Australia, i doubt I'll be going to your tourney.
the main of the games it was a response to an earlier comment.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Whoever said we don't need anymore DK characters needs to see how many DK characters are already in the Smash series....ONE! We have one DK character. I'm sure we can fit in one more.

falcosmassacre01

Smash Journeyman
xianfeng said:
Diddy Kong is the second most popular DK character and he is giving DK a run for his money, Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong would not be a team as they already both have enough moves to be individual characters. Diddy Kong for SSBB!

To be classfied as a Diddy Fan you must say something positive about Diddy or ask to join these are the ones I deemed Diddy fans the super Diddy Fans are in Red and the Big Diddy fans in green (Super is better than Big), the more you contrbute to the thread and post in her the higher your rank goes

Diddy Fans: Xianfeng, Diddy_Kong, ohtori_akio, Gamingboy, ShAdOMaN, Bowser85, Yang, Gonzales, kilroy, JediNaruto, Freeze 'n Burn, XZero BeatX, Nite, Resting Fox, Ferro De Lupe, Master Shiek, ArichTheViking, SmashnTendo, tstumo, JmcShocker16, Alucard07, Doctor Grudge, Dax, SSJ4Kazuki, commonyoshi, princess of hyrule, Iggy K, Bob Lablaw, Animal control, SmashChu, Dr Luigi, Muffin man, Odendaalrust, Marhigio, Green Kirby, Fox Rocks, SereneShadows, Vaztor, Xx swift xX, annoying1359, Wolfblade, camzaman, Lord Deathbourne, Colbusman, MRMTDSN, Primusfan, ohtori_akio, FiErCe_oNi, hemightbegiant, rebel, SpitFire15

Diddy's game Appearances
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3 (NPC)
Donkey Kong Land
Donkey Kong Land 2
Donkey Kong Land 3 (NPC)
Donkey Kong 64
Donkey Konga
Donkey Konga 2
Donkey Konga 3
DK: King of Swing
Diddy Kong Racing
Mario Power Tennis
Mario Golf Toadstool Tennis
Mario Kart Double Dash
Mario Kart GP (NPC)

Future Appearances
Mario Hoops 3 on 3
King of Swing DS
Diddy Kong Racing DS
DK: Bongo Blast

this is a moveset made up by Diddy Kong with a few addons by me

Stats:
Strenght: 2.3
Speed: 4.3
Weight: 2.2
Jumping: 3.8
Size: 2.3
Range: 2.8
Falls a tad slower then DK

Moves:

A: Quick Tail spin, Diddy swings his tail once in front of himself.
Speed: Normal/Semi-fast
Knockback: Very low.
Damage: 3%
Range: Semi-low/Normal

AA: Tail Spin, Diddy swings his tail at both sides.
Speed: Fast
Knockback: Normal/Semi-high
Damage: 5%
Range: Semi-High/High

Forward Tilt: Tail Sweep. Diddy sweeps his enemy away with his tail. Has a sweetspot at the middle of the tail. (Same as DK's ftilt just to give them some similairity)
Speed: Semi-fast
Knockback: Normal
Damage: 6% non sweetspot. 10% with sweetspot.
Range: Semi-High

Up Tilt: Backflip. Diddy makes a quick back flip hitting you with his tail and legs. (Similair ro Mewtwo)
Knockback: Depends on where he hits them. With the tail: Semi-low/Normal. With the legs: Normal/Semi-high.
Damage: Tail: 6% Legs: 9%
Range: Tail: Normal/Semi-high. Legs: Semi-Low

Down Tilt: Tail Sweep. Diddy ducks down and hits his enemy with his tail while he's spinning. (Same as Pikachu's)
Speed: Semi-Fast
Knockback: Low
Damage: 5%
Range: Normal

Dash Attack: CART WHEEL! :D Diddy makes a cart wheel to charge into the opponoment. It can multihit if the foe gets trapped between Diddy's tail and Diddy's legs.
Speed: Very fast.
Knockback: Tail: Low. Legs: high
Damage: When he hits with the tail only 5%. With the legs he does 9% damage each leg.
Range: With the tail its normal/ semi-high with Diddy's legs its normal.

Air Moves:

Neutral Air: Aerial Tail Spin. Diddy spins his tail two times around him self. Covers both sides.
Speed: Fast/Very Fast
Knockback: Semi-High
Damage: 11%
Range: High

Forward Air: Chimp Fist. Diddy quickly punches his foe infront him. (Same as Sheik's)
Knockback: Normal/Semi-High
Damage: 12%

Back Air: Back Kick. Diddy strentches his foot for a kick attack. (Same as DK's only faster and less powerful)
Speed: Fast/Very Fast
Knockback: Normal
Damage: 12%

Down Air: Monkey Meteor. Diddy stompes his enemy with both feet to send them downwards. (Same as DK's only faster and less powerful)
Knockback: Normal/Semi-high
Damage: 14%
Range: Low

Up Air: Flying Uppercut. Diddy punches his enemy upwards. (Look below my siggy )
Damage: 15%
Range: Semi-low/Normal

Special Moves:

B: Peanut Popguns. Diddy shoots two peanuts from his wooden guns.
Speed: Semi-fast Slower then Falco's Blaster.
Knockback: Normal. Unlike Falco's Blaster the enemy can fall after a cetrain %.
Damage: 6% each Peanut.
Range: A little shorter then Fox's Blaster.

Up+B: Barrel Jet. Diddy pulls out his Barrel Jet to return back to the stage. Similair to Fox's Fire Fox but it's controllable like Ness's PK Thunder only not as flexable.
Speed: A little bit of lag afterwards perhaps. Flying speed same as the Fire Fox.
Knockback and Damage: If Diddy flies into you it's 12%. However if the Barrel Jet hits you (fiery effect) it will do 16% damage and it will spike you.
Range: It recovers just as good as Fox's Fire Fox.

Smash B: Chimpy Charge. Diddy prepares for an headbut and when he's done he charges into his enemy. Loads by hisself.
Speed: It takes 4 seconds to load. But when Diddy is moving he will go a little bit faster then his running speed.
Knockback: High.
Damage: 21%
Range: 1/4 as much as Jiggly's full charged Roll out. However Diddy won't run over cliffs and stops automatically when he;s entering one.

Down+B: Simain Slam. (Same as Yoshi's so I don't need to explain )
Speed: When Diddy is falling its Very Fast. Has lag afterwards however.
Damage: 15%
Range: Errr... Low? It has a low hitbox since he's only attacking with his butt.

Smashes:

Forward Smash: Kong Klap. Diddy claps his foe's with all his might. (Similair to DK, has lower range lower power but higher speed)
Speed: Comes out faster then DK's. Still it would be normal/semi-fast. Low lag afterwards.
Knockback: Normal.
Damage: Uncharged: 18% Charged: 22%
Range: Lower then DK's yet Semi-high.

Upward Smash: Backflip. Same as his Utilt he also hits with his Tail and Legs but now the damage is more even. (Similair to Pikachu's)
Speed: Fast. No startup lag and almost unnoticable afterward lag.
Knockback: Tail: Semi-low/Normal. Legs: Semi-high/High
Damage: Uncharged: 16% Charged: 22%. If hit by the Legs it will add 2% more damage charged and uncharged.
Range: Tail: High. Legs: Normal/Semi-low

Down Smash: Tail Sweep. (Same as Yoshi's with farther range and lower power)
Speed: Same as Yoshi's. Same lag after ward to.
Knockback: Lower then Yoshi's. It would be Semi-Low.
Damage: Uncharged: 13% Charged: 16%
Range: Farther then Yoshi which would make it like High.

Grabs and Throws:

Grab: Diddy grabs his foe with both hands and attacks them by giving them headbuts. (Same as Ness)
Speed: Fast. No afterwards lag. When Diddy runs and misses the grab he will have a little lag.
Range: Same as Ness

Forward Throw: Simian Swing. Diddy throws his opponement as far as he can. (Like Pikachu's Fthrow in N64. <3) Can't possible be chained.

Down Throw: Pesky Punishment. Diddy throws you down and jumps two times on you. Similair to Kirby's Dthrow.

Back Throw: Diddy Roll. Diddy grabs you rolls backwards and then kicks you away. Similair to Pikachu's only higher knockback.

Up Throw: Headbut. Diddy throws you up but since he isn't that strong he adds an headbut to throw you up in the sky. Low knockback.

Mic.:

Taunt 1: Diddy happly throws his cap two times in the air, then he catches it and puts it up again.
Taunt 2: He puts on shades and pulls out a boombox (DKC2)

Costumes:
Normal: Red cap with a red shirt and brown fur.
Blue: Purple cap with a purlpe shirt and blue fur.
Green: Green cap with a green shirt and darker green fur.
Yellow: Yellow cap with a yellow shirt and orange fur.

Kirby Hat: Diddy's cap

nice moves list man and yes diddy should definetly be in the ssbb i just hope they dont make him so good and cheezy like fox and falco are,if hes not cheezy diddy will most likelyy be my main hes the best dkc character and has to be the most liked.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
falcosmassacre01 said:
nice moves list man and yes diddy should definetly be in the ssbb i just hope they dont make him so good and cheezy like fox and falco are,if hes not cheezy diddy will most likelyy be my main hes the best dkc character and has to be the most liked.
It's pretty safe to say that he is the most popular Nintendo character not included in a SSB game so far, I don't care if he's cheezy or not he's my new main :p

falcosmassacre01

Smash Journeyman
xianfeng said:
It's pretty safe to say that he is the most popular Nintendo character not included in a SSB game so far, I don't care if he's cheezy or not he's my new main :p
it would suck though itll be like if ur p[alying with sheik hell be cheezy and have easy set ups and just hope that they make him that no noob scna pick him up and ha ve a easy time beating people.

falcosmassacre01

Smash Journeyman
was anyone wever so into diddy kong that in donkey kong country u wouldnt use d.k you would just use diddy kong?i beat every level with didy i would die if i didnt.

NukeA6

Smash Master
falcosmassacre01 said:
was anyone wever so into diddy kong that in donkey kong country u wouldnt use d.k you would just use diddy kong?i beat every level with didy i would die if i didnt.
Everyone I know who has played Donkey Kong Country, prefer to use Diddy rather than Donkey. Makes you wonder why Diddy isn't in Melee (not even as a trophy).

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
NukeA6 said:
Everyone I know who has played Donkey Kong Country, prefer to use Diddy rather than Donkey. Makes you wonder why Diddy isn't in Melee (not even as a trophy).
Matter of opinion. Most of the people I know prefer DK over Diddy. It is wierd that he wasn't even a trophy though.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Proberly because he was supposed to be in the original version and they had his 3 trophys made up and then when they removed him they forgot to re-add his trophy, I have some reasons I think this
1) he was on the melee gamecube cover (or so someone said a few pages back)
2) He was mentioned in Dixie's Trophy
But that is strictly IMO.

How could you prefer DK over Diddy in DKC he had like no advantages apart from strength but in that game it didn't really matter.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
xianfeng said:
Proberly because he was supposed to be in the original version and they had his 3 trophys made up and then when they removed him they forgot to re-add his trophy, I have some reasons I think this
1) he was on the melee gamecube cover (or so someone said a few pages back)
2) He was mentioned in Dixie's Trophy
But that is strictly IMO.

How could you prefer DK over Diddy in DKC he had like no advantages apart from strength but in that game it didn't really matter.
Your right, so it doesn't mtter which one you played. Most my levels werre finished with DK

IN DKC2, most of them where Diddy.

IN DKC3, most were dixie

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i really need to play dkc again.

but i never used donkey kong that much in any other game after diddy appeared. i always liked to play as diddy. the only time i perfer dk over diddy was in mario baseball, but that isn't part of the series.

and i don't understand why he wasn't even a trophy. you have good reasons xianfeng. hopefully sakurai will see the potential of diddy and put/keep him in brawl. i mean, how many diddy haters have we had on this thread anyway?

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
xianfeng said:
said it, he went to get proof but he hasn't come back yet and colbusman we've had 2 diddy haters zombie and basement
Personally I'm flattered you remembered me. :laugh: Your right I don't like Diddy for Brawl, but I neversaid I hayed himin all the other games he was in I personally thought hewas easier to use in DonkeyKong Country.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
zombie7775 said:
I dont hate diddy I just think there are better characters then him.
Like who? Diddy has popularity (the most popular Nintendo character not included in a SSB game), game count (20), recognisablity (the first two help this), originality (see moveset), can represent 2 series (DK which has next to no representation and Diddy Kong Racing) what's not to love?

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Can you really count the remakes of DK country. It so then its like 16 if not its 13. So he has had the games I dont doubt that but Double Dash, Konga, Konga 2, Mario Golf can you count games that are spinoffs of the series. There are more like that I just think that is enough.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I wasn't counting the remakes and I do count the spinoff series

It's only 20 including future appearances

Diddy's game Appearances
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3 (NPC)
Donkey Kong Land
Donkey Kong Land 2
Donkey Kong Land 3 (NPC)
Donkey Kong 64
Donkey Konga
Donkey Konga 2
Donkey Konga 3
DK: King of Swing
Diddy Kong Racing
Mario Power Tennis
Mario Golf Toadstool Tour
Mario Kart Double Dash
Mario Kart GP (NPC)

Future Appearances
Mario Hoops 3 on 3
King of Swing DS
Diddy Kong Racing DS
DK: Bongo Blast

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Some of the games I have never herd of like Konga 3, king of swing DS, Diddy racing DS. Im not saying they are made up I just never herd of them. Tennis, and Golf I would count as spinoffs.

Top Bottom