• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

icymatt

Smash Lord
I'd have to agree with you, Diddy would most likely end up with the same/similar statistics to Pikachu. However, how good he is compared to Pikachu depends entirely on his special moves.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Diddy's specials will probably be better but I think Pikachu's A attacks will probably be better but it does depend on who is playing as them.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
ok, i recently read through your posts, and i am having a hard time understanding this. basement and zombie, you just plain hate diddy because you don't like him AND he wasn't in a recent game. now as hemightbegiant and icymatt have been saying, pit hasn't been in a game since 1991, yet he made it in. ice climbers only appeared in one game in the 80's, yet they made it.

and just saying you don't like a particular character doesn't mean he will make it. there have to be reasons, and there are no reasons against diddy to not be in brawl. let me give you an example.

pac-man is a bad choice because he is not a fighter. tingle is a bad idea because he is not a fighter. cloud is not a good idea because he has never been playable on a nintendo console. dk jr. is a not a good idea because he can easily be a clone of dk.

diddy kong is a good idea because he is well known, popular, unique, and a pimp character in the dk series. so if you don't think diddy will work, post GOOD REASONS! if you can't, i propose you LEAVE THIS THREAD, since all you can do is piss and moan about a character that would be an excellent edition to brawl.

and as a side note, geno would also be a perfect fit for brawl basement.

DIDDY FOR FREAKIN BRAWL!!!

i also propose that icymatt and hemightbegiant be made big (or super) diddy fans if not done so yet.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
ok, i recently read through your posts, and i am having a hard time understanding this. basement and zombie, you just plain hate diddy because you don't like him AND he wasn't in a recent game. now as hemightbegiant and icymatt have been saying, pit hasn't been in a game since 1991, yet he made it in. ice climbers only appeared in one game in the 80's, yet they made it.

and just saying you don't like a particular character doesn't mean he will make it. there have to be reasons, and there are no reasons against diddy to not be in brawl. let me give you an example.

pac-man is a bad choice because he is not a fighter. tingle is a bad idea because he is not a fighter. cloud is not a good idea because he has never been playable on a nintendo console. dk jr. is a not a good idea because he can easily be a clone of dk.

diddy kong is a good idea because he is well known, popular, unique, and a pimp character in the dk series. so if you don't think diddy will work, post GOOD REASONS! if you can't, i propose you LEAVE THIS THREAD, since all you can do is piss and moan about a character that would be an excellent edition to brawl.

and as a side note, geno would also be a perfect fit for brawl basement.

DIDDY FOR FREAKIN BRAWL!!!

i also propose that icymatt and hemightbegiant be made big (or super) diddy fans if not done so yet.
thanks.

No, xainfeg hates me too much for liking DK JR to even think of adding me to his list. But, I still would like Diddy over anyother Kong or DK character. Yes, that incudes Cranky!

xianfeng

Smash Hero
People can disagree with Diddy but as long as they give good reasons and admit that he will most proberly definatly get in. hemightbegiant I don't hate you I just bumped you up then.

P.S. Diddy has been in a recent platformer game DK: King of Swing

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
People can disagree with Diddy but as long as they give good reasons and admit that he will most proberly definatly get in. hemightbegiant I don't hate you I just bumped you up then.

P.S. Diddy has been in a recent platformer game DK: King of Swing
THANK YOU!!!!!

Anyways, your right, people could express their opinion as long as they follow up with a good reason, which I've never seen Zombie or Basement Dweller do. I'm sure they might have once or twice, but I've never seen it.

I thought King of swing was ok, but it's defienently not the worst DK title.

DIDDY FOR BRAWL!!!!!

xianfeng

Smash Hero
The only reason they provided was he hasn't been in a recenter platformer but he is planned for another one later this year / early next year and had one 1-3 years ago.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
What platformer this year? The only DK game I know that's coming out this year is DK: Bongo Blast and that's a racing game.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
If he is, he's a shoe-in for Brawl. Even more than he is already. I'm still surprised he wasn't in Melee.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
he is a shoe-in no matter what. unless someone bludgeons sakurai and threatens him to not put diddy in. luckily basement and zombie are probably too poor to do it.
LOL. Yeah not including Diddy would be stupid. And I don't think any1 could come up with a legitimate reason he souldn't be in.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
If he's in, I think that his Up-B should be more unique as compared to the other characters.

Up-B : Diddy pulls out his Jetpack, and is able to move about as fast as he can run in all directions for about 3 seconds. The player has complete control over Diddy during this, as well.

If the Jetpack move doesn't attack, then perhaps they would all the player to do A moves during this time as well?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Exactly. I can't understand why some people can't stand him. He is overdue for a Smash Bros game.
I assumed that its a bunch of Arcade DK fanboys who hate everything Rare DK related. Either that or Diddy just doesn't appeal to them (And I respect that opinion)

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Yeah the DK levels sucked in SSBM well the one with Cranky was ok.
there are so mny good levels that can be in SSBB from Donkey Kong Country, but I figure Jungle Japes will return, and I hope the Pirate Ship from diddy Kong's quest will make it in for Diddy's stage.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
Diddy. Of course he would be great for Brawl! He would have a very orignal moveset, and to many would be fun to play. Hes been in alot of games, and for the longest time has been overlooked by the majorty of the gameing public.

However I.. I duno.. I have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomuch about anymore Donky Kong characters. I can't exactly explain why. My brain is telling me that in every shape and form he would be a good playable character in Brawl, but every other part of me is screeming no. I just think that they shouldent put anymore Donkey Kong charcters in. I played the orignals, alot. So please don't say Im posting this out of pure hatered of the character. It just seems that in every game he is in hes a shadow of Donkey. Even more so that Lulgi is to Mario or Tails is to Sonic, and thats saying something. I mean hes not even playable in the countrys untill you break him outta a barrel.

Although I honistly can't find a reason for him not getting in, so unless I do I'll just keep quiet.

(Besides *shudder* Monkeys kinda creep me out. My newphw has a monkey, and its smaller than a balled fist but is the age equivelent of a teenager. The way it looks at you... God that thing creeps me out.)

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Diddy. Of course he would be great for Brawl! He would have a very orignal moveset, and to many would be fun to play. Hes been in alot of games, and for the longest time has been overlooked by the majorty of the gameing public.

However I.. I duno.. I have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomuch about anymore Donky Kong characters. I can't exactly explain why. My brain is telling me that in every shape and form he would be a good playable character in Brawl, but every other part of me is screeming no. I just think that they shouldent put anymore Donkey Kong charcters in. I played the orignals, alot. So please don't say Im posting this out of pure hatered of the character. It just seems that in every game he is in hes a shadow of Donkey. Even more so that Lulgi is to Mario or Tails is to Sonic, and thats saying something. I mean hes not even playable in the countrys untill you break him outta a barrel.
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Donkey Kong Land 2, Diddy Kong Racing, Diddy Kong Racing DS. Diddy has had 4 games of his own, Luigi has had 1 and Tails has had 2. Diddy has never been a sucky up kinda guy (like tails) or a coward (like luigi) he has always been enthusiastic and excited so he is way more out of DK's shadow than Luigi and Tails.

Char

Smash Rookie
I definitaley think Diddy needs to be in brawl. his move set could be

^B jetpack-he has control over his movement like fox's ^B
<>B Chimpycharge- He charges up and dashes towards his opponent for damage
vB orange grenade- goes further than link's/y.links's bomb and has more knock back
B peanut poppers- probably will be more like falco blaster just that it will be two peanuts per
shot.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Donkey Kong Land 2, Diddy Kong Racing, Diddy Kong Racing DS. Diddy has had 4 games of his own, Luigi has had 1 and Tails has had 2. Diddy has never been a sucky up kinda guy (like tails) or a coward (like luigi) he has always been enthusiastic and excited so he is way more out of DK's shadow than Luigi and Tails.
Luigi has 2, you forgot Mario Is Missing.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Wasn't Luigi also starred in Mario's Time Machine? That would make 3. But only one of Luigi's games didn't suck.

And don't you dare say Tails is suck up. When did he ever sucked up to Sonic?

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
I know im going to get in trouble for saying this, but I didn't care for Didy Kong raceing.(Mario Kart just seemed to blow it completly out of the water.) Also if Didy Kong stared in Donkey kong Country and Land 2, why are they intitled Donkey Kong? Tails and Lulgi are at least a part of a serise that is makeing alot more games, that are getting higher rateings.(Also don't try and change my opoion. I don't think I'll ever be able to get rid of the weird mind set.) I do however belive that we need a better Donkey Kong level.

Off topic, but I also agree with Green Kirby. Tails at the begging was a character better than Sonic.(He could run faster AND fly, Just play Sonic 2, or 3 and you'll see.) The only reason people don't like him today is the ****ed up way that Sonic Team is portraying him. If anything he derserves some games of his own for being treated like this, and so does Lulgi. Overall I haven't heard a word of Didy Kong untill I joined this board.

But still, why are we argueing agenst each other? We are both on the same side on beliveing that he should be in Brawl. The only difference is that you like him and I feel weird about letting him in.

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
DKC was a good franchise. We definitely need more characters from them. Diddy fits well as the second most important character, though I liked Dixie and wondered why she wasn't in DK64. And the DK music has so much potential, I hope they replace the levels and music.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I know im going to get in trouble for saying this, but I didn't care for Didy Kong raceing.(Mario Kart just seemed to blow it completly out of the water.) Also if Didy Kong stared in Donkey kong Country and Land 2, why are they intitled Donkey Kong? Tails and Lulgi are at least a part of a serise that is makeing alot more games, that are getting higher rateings.(Also don't try and change my opoion. I don't think I'll ever be able to get rid of the weird mind set.) I do however belive that we need a better Donkey Kong level.

Off topic, but I also agree with Green Kirby. Tails at the begging was a character better than Sonic.(He could run faster AND fly, Just play Sonic 2, or 3 and you'll see.) The only reason people don't like him today is the ****ed up way that Sonic Team is portraying him. If anything he derserves some games of his own for being treated like this, and so does Lulgi. Overall I haven't heard a word of Didy Kong untill I joined this board.

But still, why are we argueing agenst each other? We are both on the same side on beliveing that he should be in Brawl. The only difference is that you like him and I feel weird about letting him in.
Super MARIO 64 DS starred Yoshi
Super MARIO World 2 also starrted Yoshi
Besides, Diddy's name was in the title. (Donkey Kong Country 2: DIDDY KONG'S Quest)

And I stood up for Tails, because if anybody beaten Tails' story in Sonic Adventure, you know why he's great. BTW Tails can't run faster Sonic! Never have, never will

Also, people have been screaming "Diddy" for Smash ever since the second one.

Last thing, why would you feel weird if Diddy is in? How did you feel when Mr G&W made it in?

Rabiteman

Smash Cadet
A little over here, a little over there, and maybe
Ugh, I know what you mean about Tails...He used to be my absolute favorite Sonic character...Until I played Sonic Adventure 2 (haven't played one). He is a total loser in that game. His theme is...*shudder*...horrifyingly degrading. Poor Tails, you used to be so cool.

Whoops, little off topic there. I like the ship deck level idea, but I'd rather go for the Rigging type stage (can't get over that awesome piratey jig song). If they pulled a stage from Donkey Kong Country 1, it should most definitely be the Temple stage...That would be awesome. Oh, wait I forgot about the Treetop levels... So many awesome levels they could do!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I know im going to get in trouble for saying this, but I didn't care for Didy Kong raceing.(Mario Kart just seemed to blow it completly out of the water.)
I agree but Diddy has his own series Diddy Kong racing so if that isn't out of the shadow nothing is

Also if Didy Kong stared in Donkey kong Country and Land 2, why are they intitled Donkey Kong?
If Toad starred in Wario's Woods why was it called Wario's woods if Luigi starred in Mario is Missing and Mario's time machine why where they called Mario is Missing and Mario's time machine? Even if Luigi had 3 games Diddy has 4 games (including his own mini series)

Top Bottom