• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
actually, what i really liked about diddy kong racing was the music. but yes, it doesn't matter if someone else's name was in the title. just as long as the character played an important part in the game.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I know most of you on this thread are probably Diddy fans, but if you could only have either King K. Rool or Diddy Kong in the game which one would you pick? I would go for King. K Rool to add another villain and heavy weight, but I am curious to what you guys think and why.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Im not big on having Diddy in brawl but between King K. Rool or Diddy Kong I would pick Diddy.

icymatt

Smash Lord
K.Rool doesn't have fire breath or a shell...They'd have to be more creative to make him a Bowser clone.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Yes, and while that it is true, it still makes more sense than K.Rool being a Bowser clone.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Diddy Kong deserves it more so he should go in first, but I like the actual character of King K. Rool more and can see him fighting more uniquely than Diddy Kong. Hopefully though they both make it in.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I have doubts for Krool because the DK franchise seems to be neglected by Nintendo a lot but Diddy I doubt they will passover but unfortanatly he will proberly have his gay gamecube look and not his DK64 look :( he should have 4 fingers and toes **** it.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
no, i still see k. rool being a playable character. he was popular in japan in the poll. and i know sakurai will give diddy the right look. he hasn't dissapointed me yet, and i feel he never will.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Nintendo has screwed over the Diddy character with his look in the Mario Sports games I just hope Sakurai uses his DK64 look, the fur was better, the face was less phucked up, the clothes were better it was just better in every single way.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
You do make good points, but what I ment was I belive you start out as Donkey Kong, but whatever. Please divert your attation to people who hate Didy Kong insted of people like me who are neutral. This argument is sorta swaying my vote to no, insted of yes(but still don't want him). And to answer your question: I played the old Game and Watch and I was confussed but intregued. Once again monkeys creep me out so I shouldent even be in this discussion sence all I have are my opions, that honistly meen nothing in this situation. Please save your arguments for people who post facts agenst your character my opions arent worth defending agenst.

A question that has been on my mind for a while is would Diddy be a fast faller, like Fox, or a slow one, Like Marth?

Also what would his Brawl attack be?

Could he incorapate the old barrel he was trapped in into his moveset?

Cloud he use the rino thing?

Answer those questions insted of argueing. Its best to move forward or you wont be able to coinvince anyone.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
A question that has been on my mind for a while is would Diddy be a fast faller, like Fox, or a slow one, Like Marth?
Check Diddy kong's moveset on page 1

Also what would his Brawl attack be?
Guitar Gazzump

Could he incorapate the old barrel he was trapped in into his moveset?
Why bother, check Diddy Kong's moveset on page 1

Cloud he use the rino thing?.
Why bother check Diddy Kong's moveset on page 1

primusfan

Smash Ace
The way I would think of it as:

Slow faller

Brawl attack is guitar from DK64

Barrel? No.

Rino? No.

*OFF TOPIC*
White fox, why do monkeys creep you out? We're only one chromosone away from being monkeys. Think about that :laugh:

xianfeng

Smash Hero
He looked cool from DKC2 - DK64 then in his gamecube appearances he got his 5th finger and toe, his eyes weren't blue anymore and he didn't look furry :( he can keep his 5th finger and toe just make him furry and blue eyed again :(

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Diddy Kong was going to have five fingers and toes in Donkey Kong Racing anyway, so it isn't like that was a change Nintendo themselves made.

And suggesting that Diddy Kong could use the DK Barrel he was trapped in at the begining of DKC for an attack is like saying Mario should use Warp Pipes for his attacks. It's stupid.

NukeA6

Smash Master
well, if diddy has his guitar, then dk will probably have his bongos
-_-

I'm glad the real super smashes will be more creative than most of the ones I have seen posted in all the forums I've been that are dedicated to SSBB.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Diddy should use his Guitar for his super (so should Meowth and Dixie, that sounds like an interesting cut scene for when you finish the game with Diddy. Diddy, Dixie and Meowth all slamming on their guitars)

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I did, and I know I am being a tiny bit hypocritical there but no one can deny that Pikachu and Meowth are the most recognised pokemon, I only heard of Deoxys and Lucario because I came here and Jigglypuff didn't have as big a role in the show.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Jigglypuff did have a consideable role in the show at the time of SSB64's release.

But doesn't this discussion belong in the Meowth thread or something? Let's get back to the Diddy Kong discussion.

Top Bottom