• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

primusfan

Smash Ace
So, they have DK, so that means they shouldn't have another character from the series. Your right, one is enough. While we're at it, let's give Luigi, Peach and Bowser the axe cause we already have Mario. Screw zelda and Gannondorf, Link is all we need. Meta-Knight, go to hell, we already have Kirby.[/sarcasm]
This guy's sarcasm is exactly right. Why the hell are some people saying that DK is enough to represent that franchise? We've got a lot for Mario, a couple for LoZ, some from Pokemon....where's DK's friends? Diddy needs to be in this game.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
Donkey Kong is already represented with DK, so they need to spread out the representation of other franchise to attract a wider variety of the Nintendo fanbase, just as they did with Snake. Incorporating Snake in Brawl will appeal to the fans of the MGS series on the PS and may attract new people to play Brawl. Therefore the more games they can represent the better Brawl would be by having a larger basis of players and if a series is in Brawl they should have one stage before another series gets a second one.
Thank God you aren't making SSBB. You'd get rid of:
-Luigi
-Peach
-Bowser
-Falco
-Zelda
-Ganondorf
-Jigglypuff
-Mewtwo
-Roy
-Meta Knight
-Pichu
-Dr. Mario
-Young Link

Seriously, dude, think before you post. It's not that hard.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
So, they have DK, so that means they shouldn't have another character from the series. Your right, one is enough. While we're at it, let's give Luigi, Peach and Bowser the axe cause we already have Mario. Screw zelda and Gannondorf, Link is all we need. Meta-Knight, go to hell, we already have Kirby.[/sarcasm]
No, the DK series has enough with DK but with The Legend of Zelda series is still a great series so it deserves more characters. The Mario series is Nintendo's main series maybe not the most popular but still. Pokemon was big and deserves some characters but not as many as everyone thinks. If they someone from another franchise more people will be interested in Brawl. Just like Dweller said.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Donkey Kong is already represented with DK, so they need to spread out the representation of other franchise to attract a wider variety of the Nintendo fanbase, just as they did with Snake. Incorporating Snake in Brawl will appeal to the fans of the MGS series on the PS and may attract new people to play Brawl. Therefore the more games they can represent the better Brawl would be by having a larger basis of players and if a series is in Brawl they should have one stage before another series gets a second one.
You're amazing, you know that? You NEVER answer anyone's questions or debate properly. You just give one, stupid reason over and over no matter what anyone says. This forum is for DEBATING. Not for posting the same crap over and over.

DK is NOT enough for the DK series. As xianfeng said, there have been more DK games than Star Fox or Metroid. Putting in a whooping TWO whole characters from DK into Brawl won't diminish the game's quality to appeal to all sorts of gamers. You're agrument is ******** and doesn't hold any water whatsoever.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Bias fans such as you people make me laugh they are not willing to listen to any reason deviating from their own ideas and seem to think there idea is the only important one. Characters from other franchises would give Brawl a wider fan base and should be include befor adding Diddy Kong and every series deserves a stage and DK's stages can count as much for Diddy as they do DK, because they were in mostly the same games other characters need their own stages before repeats from the same series becausethey should be equally represented. After all equal representation is a cornerstone in the American governmental system so rebel against that first then we'll talk about representation.

I would keep Luigi, Zelda, Ganon, Metaknight, Roy, and Jigglypuff from your list the others definitely need to go though.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
No, the DK series has enough with DK but with The Legend of Zelda series is still a great series so it deserves more characters. The Mario series is Nintendo's main series maybe not the most popular but still. Pokemon was big and deserves some characters but not as many as everyone thinks. If they someone from another franchise more people will be interested in Brawl. Just like Dweller said.
Who are you to say that the Legend of Zelda franchise is better than the Donkey Kong franchise? Heck, the Donkey Kong franchise sells more than the Metroid franchise and Sakurai wants more Metroid characters in.

Diddy Kong for SSBB!

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Thank God you aren't making SSBB. You'd get rid of:
-Luigi
-Peach
-Bowser
-Falco
-Zelda
-Ganondorf
-Jigglypuff
-Mewtwo
-Roy
-Meta Knight
-Pichu
-Dr. Mario
-Young Link

Seriously, dude, think before you post. It's not that hard.
As for this list:

Luigi, Peach,Roy,Dr. Mario, and Y. Link have there own games. Yeah so does Diddy but no one cares. Zelda is technically the title character. Bowser, Meta Knight, Mewtwo, and Ganon are at least villans.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
That makes no sense. Their both part of Nintendo's most popular franchises, but one series deserves to be in before the other? You'd rather overload the game with characters from the same series than give series that aren't represented a chance? It is a game with Nintendo's All-Stars, so not putting more of their All-Star underrepped series wouldn't make it better, it would make it worse, which is why Sakurai is going for more characters from obscure / forgotten series that were popular in the day, like Pit and his shown interest in Muddy Mole.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Who are you to say that the Legend of Zelda franchise is better than the Donkey Kong franchise? Heck, the Donkey Kong franchise sells more than the Metroid franchise and Sakurai wants more Metroid characters in.

Diddy Kong for SSBB!
It goes both ways who are you to say the Donkey Kong franchise is better than the Legend of Zelda.

King K. Rool would be a better choice then DK would have a villian to act as a boss for classic if they do character specific Classic and Adventure modes like have been suggested here

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
You fail. You see the SNES had the best franchise ever in the system and was it? It was DKC all of those games sold more than any Mario,Legend of Zelda, and the Metroid series all put together on the SNES. Without DKC Sega would of taken over the console wars, so you statement is a failure without any proven facts that we don't need more DK characters and you wanted tumble?..God you suck.:laugh:

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
It goes both ways who are you to say the Donkey Kong franchise is better than the Legend of Zelda.

King K. Rool would be a better choice then DK would have a villian to act as a boss for classic if they do character specific Classic and Adventure modes like have been suggested here
When did I say Donkey Kong was better than Zelda? :p pwned

Diddy Kong is more popular than K. Rool, but if they add a 3rd DK reprsentative, it will be K. Rool.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
You however would not be able to prove that without DKC Sega would have taken over the console war so your resonings are justas hollow as you claim mine are and Tumble is better than Toad is all I said. Toad had a thread so I made a Tumble thread.

As for K. Rool it isn't a question about popularity it is a question of practicallity.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Bias fans such as you people make me laugh they are not willing to listen to any reason deviating from their own ideas and seem to think there idea is the only important one. Characters from other franchises would give Brawl a wider fan base and should be include befor adding Diddy Kong and every series deserves a stage and DK's stages can count as much for Diddy as they do DK, because they were in mostly the same games other characters need their own stages before repeats from the same series becausethey should be equally represented. After all equal representation is a cornerstone in the American governmental system so rebel against that first then we'll talk about representation.

I would keep Luigi, Zelda, Ganon, Metaknight, Roy, and Jigglypuff from your list the others definitely need to go though.
Again, a completely ******** argument. You call us bias, then go onto say how other franchises have priority over Donkey Kong. That's a complete opinion. And yes, all the franchises do need to be represented, and DK is one of those franchises. Donkey Kong was Nintendo's very first game. In retrospect, he should have priority over ALL the others. Your argument is based off the fact that you, personally don't like Donkey Kong and that alone should be a good enough reason for Diddy to be kept out. And where the hell did government come into this? Not only is it completely off topic, but it's also wrong. America IS based off equal representation so why would we rebel against that?

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
You however would not be able to prove that without DKC Sega would have taken over the console war so your resonings are justas hollow as you claim mine are and Tumble is better than Toad is all I said. Toad had a thread so I made a Tumble thread.
No duh it got closed.:laugh: You see Mario was not on the SNES execpt for Super Mario World. Without DKC, Sega would killed the SNES, I remember the day that Sonic came out mostly half of the SNES games were still in stock. When DKC came out in went the other way. Also Toad is way better than Tumble little guy needs some space.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
He wouldn't be funny, he'd be insanely kick-***. He'd be so kickass that just by looking at his opponents they would burst into flames.

Diddy before the beaver, however.
Aww shiz alright maybe the next time, I can imagine the beaver chopping someone heads off with his gaint teeth and claming some monkeys.

Diddy before the beaver before Chunky..Aww I wanted Chunky Kong.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Again, a completely ******** argument. You call us bias, then go onto say how other franchises have priority over Donkey Kong. That's a complete opinion. And yes, all the franchises do need to be represented, and DK is one of those franchises. Donkey Kong was Nintendo's very first game. In retrospect, he should have priority over ALL the others. Your argument is based off the fact that you, personally don't like Donkey Kong and that alone should be a good enough reason for Diddy to be kept out. And where the hell did government come into this? Not only is it completely off topic, but it's also wrong. America IS based off equal representation so why would we rebel against that?
I thought the DK series was okay so your argument that I didn't like the DK series is null and void.

Toad is Peach's attack and should not be included anyway he is a generic model there are tons of his "clones" in the games. Anyway you look at it neither Toad not Tumble should be in it because they aren't fighters.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
I thought the DK series was okay so your argument that I didn't like the DK series is null and void.

Toad is Peach's attack and should not be included anyway he is a generic model there are tons of his "clones" in the games. Anyway you look at it neither Toad not Tumble should be in it because they aren't fighters.
And the Ice Climbers are fighters?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Aww shiz alright maybe the next time, I can imagine the beaver chopping someone heads off with his gaint teeth and claming some monkeys.

Diddy before the beaver before Chunky..Aww I wanted Chunky Kong.
Chunky would be alright, but Lanky before him, and Cranky before him. JK about cranky.

nice new sig, btw :)

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord

So Marth is not a fighter but a metrosexual guy wearing a Tira holding a long thing slashing at people for fun?

Thanks...I love this version of X it's bad ***.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Ok I never said Diddy wasn't a fighter. As for Pikachu and the other pokemon they have attacks, the games are based on them fighting each other. I never said you had to have a weapon to fight its just that the Ice Climbers have a weapon and fight the Topi.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Ok I never said Diddy wasn't a fighter. As for Pikachu and the other pokemon they have attacks, the games are based on them fighting each other. I never said you had to have a weapon to fight its just that the Ice Climbers have a weapon and fight the Topi.
Way to ingore the polar bears and the eggplants pal. and the condor. he was the last enemy

Anyway, you said Toad and Tumble shouldn't be in because they aren't fighters, we were showing you why Diddy should be in because he is a fighter.

DokturSea

Smash Lord

Well of course you'd say that. God forbid you be mature enough to admit that I was right.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Well of course you'd say that. God forbid you be mature enough to admit that I was right.
Oh! So you want me to lie so you can say you were right somebody has some self-esteem issues then.

Just because Diddy fights doesn't mean he automatically should be in Brawl everyone else in melee fights too, along with about a thousand other characters.

The fact of the matter is that Ridley does fight to begin with and Toad does not.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Toad can be fighte, anyone can be fighter and be fit for Brawl. You just have to see how, Ridley can be shrunk and be into brawl..And Toad can be a bit taller.
Characters shouldnt be made to fit in the game. Plus non fighters shouldn't be turned into fighters.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Oh! So you want me to lie so you can say you were right somebody has some self-esteem issues then.

Just because Diddy fights doesn't mean he automatically should be in Brawl everyone else in melee fights too, along with about a thousand other characters.

The fact of the matter is that Ridley does fight to begin with and Toad does not.
Diddy's ability to fight, popularity, demand, and representation of an underrepped are all reasons why he should be in Brawl. Ridley fights, and if sakurai wanted, Toad could too, altough I can't imagine. Then again, I never imagined how Mr. Game and Watch could fight considering all the previous games he was in, but he's my main.

Characters shouldnt be made to fit in the game. Plus non fighters shouldn't be turned into fighters.
It happened in Melee, and will most likely happen in Brawl.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Diddy's ability to fight, popularity, demand, and representation of an underrepped are all reasons why he should be in Brawl. Ridley fights, and if sakurai wanted, Toad could too, altough I can't imagine. Then again, I never imagined how Mr. Game and Watch could fight considering all the previous games he was in, but he's my main.
If Game and Watch is your main you are a sad sad little man and this thread is just the same five or six people going back and forth supporting Diddy I wouldn't call that a big demand.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Ok kiddies, break it up. Look Basement, the whole point of the argument is that you're saying that DK is enough to represent his franchise. Well, if you see things that way, then why are Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Zelda/Shiek, Yoshi, etc. even in Melee. Really to be honest, DK would do fine by himself but it would be more interesting if he had another reperesentative for the franchise. Diddy would be a great addition.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Ok kiddies, break it up. Look Basement, the whole point of the argument is that you're saying that DK is enough to represent his franchise. Well, if you see things that way, then why are Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Zelda/Shiek, Yoshi, etc. even in Melee. Really to be honest, DK would do fine by himself but it would be more interesting if he had another reperesentative for the franchise. Diddy would be a great addition.
I already answered this earlier in the post so Im not repeating it again.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Anyone can be a fighter you just have to think outside the box, Ridley has some many moves that he could be thrown in there at any time. So..Mr. Prissy Tira wearing blue haired guy..can hush.:laugh:
What about link he goes around in a mini skirt and they call it a tunic to negate suspicion.:laugh:

DokturSea

Smash Lord

You're really bad at insults, you know that?

And yes, while it seems there's only five people defending him (trust me, soon xianfeng will show up and open hells gates), there only seems to be two people against him. Hmmm. I guess that means more people want him then they don't want him.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
If Game and Watch is your main you are a sad sad little man and this thread is just the same five or six people going back and forth supporting Diddy I wouldn't call that a big demand.
Look at the people who posted here. All but two I've seen don't support diddy: Basemant Dweller, zombie7775.

Anyway, I'm sad because I use a unique character and not one like most people that say "hey, Marth and Sheik are easy to use, I'll use them!". The joy of smash is not to be the best, but have fun with the unique characters. If all you worry about is trying to be the best, beat your firends in matches and win at tournaments, you are the saddest of the sad.

Top Bottom