• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Wash

Smash Apprentice
I kinda like this idea of Diddy Kong being in SSBB. At first I thought it was just going to be a Donkey Kong clone, but after looking at the moveset, it looks not only unique, but fun as well. The only move I don't understand is the Up-B, I don't get how it could be like Fox's and like Ness's at the same time. Besides that it was a fun read.

Rebel

Smash Apprentice
It would be sacreligous if they did put in Lanky or Tiny in before paying homage to Diddy, Dixie, etc.

Yeah, DK Jr. would be a clone-if they let him be one. Maybe they'll have learned and he'll be a slightly faster Dk, in the way his weight is ditributed and his movement. But they could completely change his move set.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
colbusman said:
yeah, but wouldn't dk jr. just be a clone of dk? at least with lanky or tiny you have a more unique moveset.
Yes he would, I would think that Kiddy or Funky has more chance of being original than DK jr.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wash said:
I kinda like this idea of Diddy Kong being in SSBB. At first I thought it was just going to be a Donkey Kong clone, but after looking at the moveset, it looks not only unique, but fun as well. The only move I don't understand is the Up-B, I don't get how it could be like Fox's and like Ness's at the same time. Besides that it was a fun read.
Thanks for your nice comments. =)

What I ment for the Up-B attack is that it works like Fox's Firefox, but your able to controll it like the PK Thunder. So that your really have a feel that your flying. Im sorry if its a little unclear but thats how I wanna see it.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
yeah, funky is cool.

anyways, i don't see diddy's jetpack as ness' pk thunder. i see it as more of a less powerful version of fire fox. then again, it does give it a cool feeling of flight.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No no no I dont mean the PK Thunder recovery itself. I mean the projoctile PK Thunder. XD

Well nevermind, the way you see it now is good enough. :p

PITforREV

Smash Journeyman
xianfeng said:
It's graphics were kinda crap and it wasn't as good as Mario Kart 64 but it was ok it also tied the DK universe to the Starfox universe with Tricky.

DKR and mario karet are two different types of racing games, diddy kong racing had everything mario kart did, except more levels, an adventure mode, boss races, etc. DKR also gave you the ability to choose a plane a hovercraft OR a cart..

It also had original multipalyer games, the egg game with the nests, the bannana in the chet......DARk water beach and icicle pyramid for battles,....I dotn understand whats NOT to like about DKR

Wash

Smash Apprentice
Diddy Kong said:
Thanks for your nice comments. =)

What I ment for the Up-B attack is that it works like Fox's Firefox, but your able to controll it like the PK Thunder. So that your really have a feel that your flying. Im sorry if its a little unclear but thats how I wanna see it.
Ah! I think see...Yeah, that sounds cool. :)

xianfeng

Smash Hero
PITforREV said:
DKR and mario karet are two different types of racing games, diddy kong racing had everything mario kart did, except more levels, an adventure mode, boss races, etc. DKR also gave you the ability to choose a plane a hovercraft OR a cart..

It also had original multipalyer games, the egg game with the nests, the bannana in the chet......DARk water beach and icicle pyramid for battles,....I dotn understand whats NOT to like about DKR
I liked it and all but, the graphics were terrible and the sound was sub-par hopefully that will be fixed with Diddy Kong Racing DS.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
diddy kong eh? I would like to see diddy in there. we need more DK characters. he was pretty fun to play as in the games when he wasn't an annoying sidekick.
yeah, I know I'm a bit late, but meh

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Diddy is one of the only non-annoying video game sidekicks, his voice isn't annoying and high pitched, he isn't defensless and he is useful that's why he was insanly popular in DKC

PITforREV

Smash Journeyman
xianfeng said:
I liked it and all but, the graphics were terrible and the sound was sub-par hopefully that will be fixed with Diddy Kong Racing DS.
I find it kinda funny that you dont like diddy kong racing for its graphics, when nintendo, and with that, the wii, is a system that focuses on gameplay, not graphics....Mabye you should go get a 360 or something.

besides htat, am I the only one who thought diddy kong racing's graphics were actually better than mario karts....cuz they obviously were

xianfeng

Smash Hero
PITforREV said:
I find it kinda funny that you dont like diddy kong racing for its graphics, when nintendo, and with that, the wii, is a system that focuses on gameplay, not graphics....Mabye you should go get a 360 or something.

besides htat, am I the only one who thought diddy kong racing's graphics were actually better than mario karts....cuz they obviously were
Ha! Diddy Kong Racing's Gameplay was more original than Mario Kart 64, but Mario Kart 64's graphics were way better.

Why would I want a 360 they have crappo games and plus I own a NES, SNES, GB, N64, GBA, GC, DS why ruin the chain and there will be a DK game and Brawl on the Wii.

DKR could have been better if the graphics weren't so crap and the sound wasn't so eww but yeah MK64 had better levels anyway.

PITforREV

Smash Journeyman
xianfeng said:
Ha! Diddy Kong Racing's Gameplay was more original than Mario Kart 64, but Mario Kart 64's graphics were way better.

Why would I want a 360 they have crappo games and plus I own a NES, SNES, GB, N64, GBA, GC, DS why ruin the chain and there will be a DK game and Brawl on the Wii.

DKR could have been better if the graphics weren't so crap and the sound wasn't so eww but yeah MK64 had better levels anyway.

See here you are saying how the reason dkr sucked was because of the graphics....Im saying if graphics matter so much then you should get a ps3 or a 360, if your an advocate of teh wii you cant really talk about a game being bad because of graphics or sound...You kinda beign a hypocrit....just reread what you just wrote.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
tirkaro said:
diddy kong eh? I would like to see diddy in there. we need more DK characters. he was pretty fun to play as in the games when he wasn't an annoying sidekick.
yeah, I know I'm a bit late, but meh
Quote for truth. I didn't like using DK in the First DK country, but Diddy in DKC 2 was the best :estatic: BEST DKC GAME EVER!

Pika420

Smash Cadet
first time i've really looked in this topic, i jumped right to the last page. me personally, in the first DKC i loved using Diddy way more than Donkey. he was faster, did a cartwheel, jumped higher, easily accessed more hidden areas...he was just overall better IMO. behind Little Mac, Diddy is the character I most wanna see in smash brawl. i'm sorry if anybody suggested this because like i said, i came straight to the last page, but IF IF IF they put Dixie in the game, i'd say have her team with Diddy ala Ice Climbers. except they each have kinda their own moves. ie. Ice Climbers meet Zelda/Sheik. IMO, Dixie isnt good/cool enough to appear as her own character, so throw her in with Diddy if she's GOTTA be in it.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I would hate for Diddy and Dixie to be a team like the ice climbers but if they are like zelda / shiek as well so one has their moves but Down B lets them choose the other kong then that would be ok and the inactive kong just follows the active one around otherwise no, I hate the ICs and I would hate for Diddy to be like that with anyone

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I have no clue whether or not I've posted in this thread, so I'll just do it now.

Yay to Diddy! I loved him in Mario Kart DD as a character and he'd make a great character for Brawl! I really hope they don't make a Diddy/Dixie IC-type duo. Like you've said many a time, xian, he's completely his own character.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
well really, all you have to do is look at dk64. his b moves should center around his special powers he gets in the game. then make his a moves center around his dkc and dkl games, like you guys did. i really want to see his super move be his pimp guitar. that was the coolest instrument in the game.

Xx swift xX

Smash Apprentice
Diddy would be easy to make for brawl (as in his move list), he is loved by many fans, and he would definately fit the SSB atmosphere. There's no reason why Diddy Kong shouldn't be in Brawl. nuff said

Pika420

Smash Cadet
diddy was in mario kart ds? i have that game and im pretty sure i unlocked everything?

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
I was gonna say...he's not in Mario Kart DS, I unlocked everything lol, but anyway YES TO diddy being in the game , and being a loner, jk but I mean no partner lol

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
did you really think jungle beat was that bad of a game? i thought it was pretty good and intuative (although nintendo seems to use that word a lot) but they do need dkc levels and items. i mean, all they have is the barrel. definetely more.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
I (at this point) am very neutral on Diddy's inclusion but as long as he has his cartwheel attack from DKC I'll be happy

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
why wouldn't it. it was in dk64, which is probably the game that diddy will base most of his moves on. diddy probably has a 99.99% chance of getting in. now i say that because nothing is 100% true until it is shown. but still,
DIDDY FOR BRAWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xianfeng

Smash Hero
colbusman said:
did you really think jungle beat was that bad of a game? i thought it was pretty good and intuative (although nintendo seems to use that word a lot) but they do need dkc levels and items. i mean, all they have is the barrel. definetely more.
It had no storyline, no DKC related things at all, it was too short and it made a mockery of DK.

DIDDY FOR BRAWL!

Top Bottom