• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
killa keil said:
Im for Diddy Kong but he would have to have a complete different moveset conciderding he is much more quicker and nimble then Dk. But the two characters are almost to alike. It might be better if the put the villan of the Donkey Series instead.
where in the world did you ever think diddy was a clone of dk? they are entirely diffrent in every way possible, except they are both primates. diddy has moves like his jetpack, chimpy charge, peanut guns, sommersaults, and his guitar. yeah, diddy for brawl!!

xianfeng

Smash Hero
colbusman said:
where in the world did you ever think diddy was a clone of dk? they are entirely diffrent in every way possible, except they are both primates. diddy has moves like his jetpack, chimpy charge, peanut guns, sommersaults, and his guitar. yeah, diddy for brawl!!
QFT
this post just got you on my first page I would have made you a big Diddy fan but the absence of him in your sig kept you to a regular fan.

primusfan

Smash Ace
I just bought DK64 about a week ago (I used to have it, but I sold it a while back). I started to remember how great the game was so I bought it and now I'm a bigger Diddy fan. So I say he should definitely be in Brawl and anyone who thinks he would be a clone of DK is an idiot.

MRMTDSN

Smash Cadet
I say Diddy has to go in and either choose between Dixie or King K Rool as another DK series addition. Or both :)

Diddy would have to be light weight and weak and same with Dixie. King K Rool would be heavy but faster than DK, Ganondorf, & Bowser. IF you playd any of the games then you woudl know why. He is always charging at you.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this haas been said but they should make Diddy and Dixie a team like the ice climbers but with a twist. They would play like they do in Donkey Kong country 2 in the sense that you can switch between them during battle to have access to a different set of moves yet their ^B would still be a team recovery move. Think of the possiblities.

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
Ehh, I dunno, I would like Diddy and Dixie to remain seperate. I actually only want Diddy for now, but Dixie would be nice too. Diddy should get his PEANUT PISTOLS!!!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
MRMTDSN said:
Diddy would have to be light weight and weak and same with Dixie. King K Rool would be heavy but faster than DK, Ganondorf, & Bowser. IF you playd any of the games then you woudl know why. He is always charging at you.
What I though of is like this:

Diddy:
-has the same running speed as Pikachu.
-has the KO ability of Young Link.
-Diddy's recovery is similair to Fox's.
-Diddy's jumps are like DK's except he jumps higher and falls slower.
-is around the same size as Ness.

K.Rool:
-Has a tad slower running speed then Mario.
-Is a tad heavier then Bowser.
-is a tad stronger then DK.
-Jumps and falls like C.Falcon except he jumps higher.
-Is a tad larger then Ganondorf.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
This is good we are one of the only character suggestions to be flame free, feel proud Diddy fans and use the Diddy. :laugh:

I think there is a 100% chance he will be in I mean there's a 98% chance he will be in at the start (maybe unlockable) and if he's not he'll be dowloadable so Diddy is gonna be my new main :)

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
What kind of stage should Diddy have anyway? Peach has hear castle. Kirby has Green Greens. I'm thinking it should either be a mine cart stage or something from Diddy Kong Racing. I don't want him to be screwed over like Marth was. (His stage was the Fountain of Dreams. :confused: Good stage but wasn't a Fire Emblem stage. )

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
sorry to be such a spaz, but can you change Colobusman on the first page to colbusman?

but i like the idea of a diddy level. i don't know how a diddy racing level would work. they should do something dkc like, since it was the first game he was in. like you see the same type of background, and you hear the same music playing. in the background you see kremlings and those bees hangin around. and rambi would charge across the stage from time to time and trample people. if you timed it right you can actually ride on rambi. something like that, i guess.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A Diddy Kong Racing level could work. Since there was some sorta Adventure mode there they could inspire it on one of those racing tracks. There was a F Zero level where you'd fight on a racing track to in Melee. However I dunno if thats the best way to represent Diddy. And since he would probarly have the DK emblem to I think its better to make a stage like DK King of Swing perhaps?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
sorry bout that colbusman.

I hope he has an emblem like his race car from Diddy Kong racing because that spin off is already equal with the Yoshi franchise and Yoshi has the egg symbol instead of the mushroom. I would like a Diddy Kong racing level if he represents the DKR series but also a DKC level would be really good because there are no DKC levels in SSB or SSBM which annoyed me they had those other levels they were good but they didn't remind me of DKC

Iggy K

Smash Ace
xianfeng said:
sorry bout that colbusman.

I hope he has an emblem like his race car from Diddy Kong racing because that spin off is already equal with the Yoshi franchise and Yoshi has the egg symbol instead of the mushroom. I would like a Diddy Kong racing level if he represents the DKR series but also a DKC level would be really good because there are no DKC levels in SSB or SSBM which annoyed me they had those other levels they were good but they didn't remind me of DKC
Diddy and Yoshi are definatley not equal in games, Diddy has 1 spinoff game, with another one in development.

Yoshi has about 9 games, with one in development. That being said, I think a DKR level would be good.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Iggy K said:
Diddy and Yoshi are definatley not equal in games, Diddy has 1 spinoff game, with another one in development.

Yoshi has about 9 games, with one in development. That being said, I think a DKR level would be good.
meh I didn't know because the Yoshi franchise aint a popular one.

I want a DKC level more than I want a DKR level I just think that Krool could have a DKC level and Diddy a DKR get the best of both

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, Donkey Kong Country 2 and Donkey Kong Land 2 were pretty much Diddy Kong games, with the Donkey Kong name slapped on.

Anyway, Gangplank Galleon level. You could get a neat background with the sun setting, waves coming up and down and DK Isle occasionaly popping up into view. And Klingers could drop down occasionally and attack. It could also work like the SMB and SMB2 levels in Melee; the stage keeps going on forever, with there being set boundaries at both ends of the stage to signify where the danger zone is. It also doubles as both a K. Rool stage and a Diddy Kong stage, though I'd still like to see other non-jungle DK stages (though not any more than any other franchise, obviously).

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Muffin_man said:
To be fair, Donkey Kong Country 2 and Donkey Kong Land 2 were pretty much Diddy Kong games, with the Donkey Kong name slapped on.

Anyway, Gangplank Galleon level. You could get a neat background with the sun setting, waves coming up and down and DK Isle occasionaly popping up into view. And Klingers could drop down occasionally and attack. It could also work like the SMB and SMB2 levels in Melee; the stage keeps going on forever, with there being set boundaries at both ends of the stage to signify where the danger zone is. It also doubles as both a K. Rool stage and a Diddy Kong stage, though I'd still like to see other non-jungle DK stages (though not any more than any other franchise, obviously).
I suppose your right there, so it's about 4 games (That's more than Luigi). I'd like it if K. Rools level were a pirate ship more than Gangplank Galleon, but it sounds like a good idae for Diddy...or are the pirate ship and Gangplank Galleon the same thing? It's been a while since I played the country games.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, they're the same thing, but I can see how you can get confused, seeing as they're are several Galleons and pirate ships in the series.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Muffin_man said:
Yeah, they're the same thing, but I can see how you can get confused, seeing as they're are several Galleons and pirate ships in the series.
you used the wrong their how you spelt it means they are sorry for being a grammer nazi just wanted to bump the topic.

Diddy is more popular than we thought someone else made a Diddy Moveset and a whole thread about it and the Diddy compliments rolled in. The Moveset wasn't as good as Diddy Kong's though but it was ok the B> and B V were a little iffy though.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
I don't get why so many Diddy fans are paranoid that the character isn't popular. It really boggles the mind.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Muffin_man said:
I don't get why so many Diddy fans are paranoid that the character isn't popular. It really boggles the mind.
I think it's because of how the quality of DK games has been dropping since rare left and how Diddy wasn't playable in Jungle Beat (he didn't even make a cameo!) but with all the appearances in mario sport games and him being the first kong nintendo brought back it's safe to assume that nintendo still loves him

xianfeng

Smash Hero
we don't have as many pages as the Krystal thread because we don't have furverts but we do have a better chance of being in Brawl go DIDDY!

Yes this post was a bump in case it wasn't obvious

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I removed the first line because that really only applied when this and the Little Mac thread were the only support threads around, and I added in a list of games that Diddy has been in and that he is set to be in there is 19 in total.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
colbusman said:
19, wow i didn't think diddy was in that many. i only own dk64 and jungle beat, along with the mario sport games, but cool. the more diddy, the better.
Yeah he will proberly be in Donkey Kong Wii and future Mario Sports titles so it's safe to asume that he will be in 20 games by the time the Wii has been released for a year or 2

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Weeeeeeell... Didnt Nintendo already accounced DK Wii will be Jungle Beat 2? Its called DK Jungle Fever or something. A sequel on Jungle Beat isnt that bad cuz maybe they will add more DKC stuff in there.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Diddy Kong said:
Weeeeeeell... Didnt Nintendo already accounced DK Wii will be Jungle Beat 2? Its called DK Jungle Fever or something. A sequel on Jungle Beat isnt that bad cuz maybe they will add more DKC stuff in there.
I figured that Jungle Beat didn't have any DKC stuff at all because it was a sequal to DK3, to prove that he could be a man to his pop he had to go through the kingdoms at the end Cranky gave his approval and DK went to star in DKC, that's how I view it any way... But yeah I hope Donkey Kong Jungle Fever has some DKC feel to it

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Jungle Beat wasnt really ALL bad. Ofcoarse there wasnt any realation to DKC. There where no Kremlings, no other Kongs (atleast none we knew of before) or anything other DKC stuf like barrels. But DK did pull out some cool moves in Jungle Beat, I'd like to see some of those in Brawl.

Ohh and didnt Jungle Beat took place right BEFORE DKC1? I could be wrong but it seems the most oblivous.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Diddy Kong said:
Jungle Beat wasnt really ALL bad. Ofcoarse there wasnt any realation to DKC. There where no Kremlings, no other Kongs (atleast none we knew of before) or anything other DKC stuf like barrels. But DK did pull out some cool moves in Jungle Beat, I'd like to see some of those in Brawl.

Ohh and didnt Jungle Beat took place right BEFORE DKC1? I could be wrong but it seems the most oblivous.
that's what I thought but the game had no storyline at all so it was hard to tell I thought it was between SMK (where DK was DK jr still) and DKC1.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
primusfan said:
I hope the DK game for the Wii is another adventure game with the same style as DK64. I freakin love that game.
I know and it had a DKC feel to it, I hope that Diddy is playable in Jungle Fever and in Brawl.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Would u stop with the DK obsession its annoying. All of your posts say the same thing. JUST SHUT UP ALREADY.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
zombie7775 said:
Would u stop with the DK obsession its annoying. All of your posts say the same thing. JUST SHUT UP ALREADY.
**** off please, In a few threads like if someone says something stupid like dk jr > diddy I will tell them why it is stupid but if you would pull your head out of your arse you would realise that not all of my posts revolve around Diddy, I made this thread like ages ago before you were here newb this was the second character support thread.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
xianfeng said:
I removed the first line because that really only applied when this and the Little Mac thread were the only support threads around, and I added in a list of games that Diddy has been in and that he is set to be in there is 19 in total.
Ok fine I dont care they can put diddy kong in for all I care. It would give me another lame character to kick the **** out of.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
zombie7775 said:
Ok fine I dont care they can put diddy kong in for all I care. It would give me another lame character to kick the **** out of.
I bet you use someone crap like Roy, wait till Brawls released online my Diddy will kick your arse any day.

I only discuss Diddy if it is a DK related thread / suggestion or a character's you'd like in Brawl kind of thread.

Top Bottom