• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
I'm kinda surprised Diddy hasn't been in the SSB series yet. He's to DK as Luigi is to Mario. I think he has a good chance to be in Brawl.

zombie7775 said:
Would u stop with the DK obsession its annoying. All of your posts say the same thing. JUST SHUT UP ALREADY.
Um...who pissed in your cornflakes this morning? :confused:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
xianfeng said:
I bet you use someone crap like Roy, wait till Brawls released online my Diddy will kick your arse any day.
ok, i love diddy and all, but don't talk bad about roy. i don't like that nearly everyone wants him off. sorry, but i had to get that off my chest.

(although diddy would kick some serious butt in smash)

and hopefully they put in more dk related stuff in dk wii, especially have more playable characters, like diddy for instance, and have those moves you could do in jungle beat.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Whatever Diddy still wouldn't beat me. The only person who has is my friend. I have seen all his battles and he only lost once on battlefield. He was killed 3 times by hammers when he had around 150-200% damage. It was the only time he lost. Roy is pretty sweet. Marth comes next.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I admit Roy is ok I used to use him alot then I swapped to Marth then to Young Link, but zombie prepare to have your butt kicked by some professional diddys out there with online he will be mid - high tier but that doesn't matter.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
zombie7775 said:
Would u stop with the DK obsession its annoying. All of your posts say the same thing. JUST SHUT UP ALREADY.
Would noobs like you stop just come into topics and flame our GOOD ideas? If you dont like the character get the **** outa here!

And your DEFFINATLY not unbeatable. THe fact that you even play with items proves you are far more a noob then I'd ever hoped. Perpare to get your ****ing *** kicked online. =)

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Ok I dont know where you got that I use weapons but where ever you did it was wrong and your an idiot. I hate weapons and I always turn them off. I cant see a reason for weapons. Weapons are annoying. The only reason I have ever played with items is when i was in a tournament that items were on because everyone there were complaining that not having weapons wasnt fair even though it is actually more fair then having weapons.

So stop saying things that arn't true. I dont use weapons, I hate them, and I dont use them.

Even though it says smash noob, i have been playing the game since it came out I just never bothered getting on this web site because I knew I would find stupid people like you guys.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
zombie7775 said:
The only person who has is my friend. I have seen all his battles and he only lost once on battlefield. He was killed 3 times by hammers when he had around 150-200% damage. It was the only time he lost. Roy is pretty sweet. Marth comes next.
lol, wtf.... y would u even use hammers u noob, and marth is better than roy, everyone knows that.

im way suprised diddy isnt in SSBM, its a good idea

zombie7775

Smash Lord
FiErCe_oNi said:
lol, wtf.... y would u even use hammers u noob, and marth is better than roy, everyone knows that.

im way suprised diddy isnt in SSBM, its a good idea
One i hate weapons
Two i dont use them
three i didnt use the weapons or hammers i was talking about
and last marth is better then Roy but I like Roy better so shut up

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
zombie7775 said:
Roy is pretty sweet. Marth comes next.
u said roy is better than marth, roy comes after marth, not the other way around. u said it as if it was a fact, not as a preference so calm down. and if u hate items like hammers do u count them torwatrds ur losses against noobs?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
zombie7775 said:
One i hate weapons
Two i dont use them
three i didnt use the weapons or hammers i was talking about
and last marth is better then Roy but I like Roy better so shut up
Okay maybe I misjugded you but I atleast have my reasons. One is that you have a low post count... Yeah that doesnt proves anything but still... Two is that you said you where beated by Hammer which are items which are lame. Three is that you just came into this topic and bashed my own favorite character without giving reasons...

One thing remains... You know about the advanced skills?

primusfan

Smash Ace
zombie7775 said:
Even though it says smash noob, i have been playing the game since it came out I just never bothered getting on this web site because I knew I would find stupid people like you guys.
I have also been playing the game since the ORIGINAL Smash came out and probably everybody else in this forum has too. Another thing. If you think this site is full of stupid people, get the **** out of this forum. Don't come put our ideas down. This is a "Support Diddy" thread. Not "Think your the best player in the whole god-**** world" thread.

Rebel

Smash Apprentice
I want to see at least one stage from DKC 2, either like a pirate ship stage or a Bramble Scramble stage. Yeah, I hope they don't take something from his racing game.

primusfan

Smash Ace
It should be something that resembles the DKC games. No offense but I thought the racing game sucked. I like everything else Diddys been in though. I just thought Diddy Kong Racing was mediocre.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Well atleast MY house hasn't been flattened by a giant tree. :p *^sig^*

But in all seriousness, I really don't get how you can't like Diddy Kong Racing. To me it seemed like an original idea, it had lot's of varied levels (though it beats me how they'd work one of them into Brawl) and it's what connect Banjo and Conker to the DK franchise. The only downside was that T.T. was pure hell to beat.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
It's graphics were kinda crap and it wasn't as good as Mario Kart 64 but it was ok it also tied the DK universe to the Starfox universe with Tricky.

kaid

Smash Master
...actually, I went back and played Diddy Kong racing, and while it might have been from the Earthwalker tribe, the boss of Dino Domain looked (and sounded) nothing like Tricky.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
kaid said:
...actually, I went back and played Diddy Kong racing, and while it might have been from the Earthwalker tribe, the boss of Dino Domain looked (and sounded) nothing like Tricky.
His name was Tricky though and with both games being made by rare and the dinosaurs having the same name people assumed and I think Rare confirmed they are one and the same

primusfan

Smash Ace
Muffin_man said:
Well atleast MY house hasn't been flattened by a giant tree. :p *^sig^*

But in all seriousness, I really don't get how you can't like Diddy Kong Racing. To me it seemed like an original idea, it had lot's of varied levels (though it beats me how they'd work one of them into Brawl) and it's what connect Banjo and Conker to the DK franchise. The only downside was that T.T. was pure hell to beat.
As Xiangfen said, the graphics were kinda crap, kinda hard to control, and not nearly as fun as Mario Kart 64.

And just for the record, my house was not flattened, I still live in it. The tree was in front of the house, not on top of it.

kaid

Smash Master
xianfeng said:
His name was Tricky though and with both games being made by rare and the dinosaurs having the same name people assumed and I think Rare confirmed they are one and the same
When did they mention his name?

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
primusfan said:
As Xiangfen said, the graphics were kinda crap, kinda hard to control, and not nearly as fun as Mario Kart 64.

And just for the record, my house was not flattened, I still live in it. The tree was in front of the house, not on top of it.
Well, I was sorta joking about the house part so whether or not it's really flattened or not doesn't bother me much (well, I guess it'd be a bit weird if you lived in a flattened house I guess, but jokes don't have to make sense).

Anyway, I'll respect your opinion if you didn't like the controls and stuff for DKR, but I'm still surprised that if you're a Diddy Kong fan yet you don't like Diddy Kong Racing, but whateve.

Rebel

Smash Apprentice
I saw something about the sequel that got cancelled, "Donkey Kong Racing"-I think I would've welcomed that more than Jungle Beat.

I think that the games that make the character famous are always going to be more popular than the side games, in other words, DKC is more popular than DKR, or Kirby Crystal Shards is more popular than Air Ride.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
colbusman said:
nah, not dk jr. it would probably go diddy, k. rool, then someone like dixie, lanky, tiny, etc.
I think the most likely is Diddy then K.Rool then Diddy and Dixie team, then Dixie and then DK jr. ;)

Top Bottom