• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Peeze

Smash Master
Ha, nobody's really posted since Kokichi, but here's something new(and diddy related!!)
If/when diddy gets into brawl, based on the possible movesets already posted, what tier do you think he'd fall into?
Most swifty characters fall into a high level tier, but he probly would be lacking a solid K.O. punch.
And don't just put "top tier, diddy owns" cause Kokichi will come back.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hmmm I dunno. He looks like a fast character, with some damaging moves. If he would have the Peanut Popguns he has a projoctile to. But that doesn't really mather, since the biggest things are priority, range and combo's. You can tell alot about Diddy when you look at the character, but there is no way you could say that he would have insane priority and Marth-range.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If I had to pick one character in Melee that I think Diddy will play like, its Picu. I can't see Diddy having all that great of range. The only range physical attack he has is a tail, which I would imagine would do low damage with hardly any knockback. He seems like a character that would have to rely on his speed and specials to really accomplish anything.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
How do you figure? Diddy shouldn't have many strong attacks. At least not on the ground. Maybe he could have some fancy acrobatic aerial attacks to keep people off and away from the edge.

Peeze

Smash Master
Dr. mario didn't have strong attakcs either, just one his fair really.
Diddy would play like him in that he wouldn't have consistently strong attacks but would have a nice comboability and one strong finishing hit.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
No, I don't think Diddy should be that strong. Dr. Mario was stronger then Mario who was average. Diddy should be weaker then Mario, he is a small monkey. I say his ground attacks would be similar to Pichu's, fairly short range without too much power. But in the air, I think he should have good juggle potential. And while not a great fighter on the ground (and he should be pretty bad at throwing) Diddy should be speedy with good dodges.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
The way I picture it, Diddy would end up being somewhat Sheik-like. I see him as being a very speedy character with relatively weak attacks, but the ability to pull them out fast and rack up damage, with a few good KO moves.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
^ That's what I ment! Also in combination with projectiles and similair stats, I would speculate Diddy would play mostly as Young Link does in Melee. Young Link has high running speed, low range, he's small and he lacks a real KO move.

However, I would picture Diddy with somewhat higher range to keep some similairity to DK. Also Diddy's tail is long and stretchy in DK64. I could see atleast one of his tail moves being just as reachy as let's say... Mewtwo's Bair?

The Diddy I have in my head would probarly end up being around current Melee Mario. Who's now in the Middle Tier, but I'd rather call it Higher Tier like it used to. But ofcoarse it wouldn't suprise me at all if Diddy was being a Low Tier character, or even Bottom Tier. But that would encourage me even more maining him, so I'm good both ways. ;)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think Diddy will only be able to pull off Mid tier as his highest. His smashes will probably be cute, but have nearly no knockback. I see him like this.

Speed: 4 out 5
Jump: 3.5 out of 5
Dodge: 4.5 out of 5
Weight: 2 out of 5
Strength: 2.5 out of 5
Range: 2.5 out of 5

He might be evasive, but he just won't have the power to finish off his oppenents without them knocking him out first. I see him as a character that has a high learning curve. I also would wager that his ariel game with be his specialty. The dash cartwheel might tack on some damage while allowing him to put some distance behind his enemies, but I can't see any of his ground based attacks to devastating.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Monkeys are more likely to contract ebola then humans as well. But I don't think they are going to use that fact in Brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think Diddy will only be able to pull off Mid tier as his highest. His smashes will probably be cute, but have nearly no knockback. I see him like this.

Speed: 4 out 5
Jump: 3.5 out of 5
Dodge: 4.5 out of 5
Weight: 2 out of 5
Strength: 2.5 out of 5
Range: 2.5 out of 5

He might be evasive, but he just won't have the power to finish off his oppenents without them knocking him out first. I see him as a character that has a high learning curve. I also would wager that his ariel game with be his specialty. The dash cartwheel might tack on some damage while allowing him to put some distance behind his enemies, but I can't see any of his ground based attacks to devastating.
No his ground bases moves wouldn't be all powerfull. But still, if they added the Chimpy Charge Diddy would atleast have a killer attack.

Your stats are very precise, however I would buff Strenght just a little bit but that's just me. :p And yeah I guess Diddy would be more of an ariel character, infact I'm pretty sure of that. His Smashes however, I have no clue about how strong they might be. Just look at Pikachu, the overall character is pretty weak in Strenght, however his Smashes are **** powerful.

Peeze

Smash Master
My prediction:
Speed 3 out of 5: monkeys aren't really speedy(on land)
Jump 5 out of 5: monkeys are agile(well more than a blue chicken anyways)
Jump 4 out of 5 :same as above
Weight 2 out of 5 : yeah he's pretty small
Strength: 3 out of 5: good airs, weak comboable ground attacks
Range :2 out of 5 : Peanuts?!?!?!?!? how far can they go, and still do considerable damage?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
No his ground bases moves wouldn't be all powerfull. But still, if they added the Chimpy Charge Diddy would atleast have a killer attack.

Your stats are very precise, however I would buff Strenght just a little bit but that's just me. :p And yeah I guess Diddy would be more of an ariel character, infact I'm pretty sure of that. His Smashes however, I have no clue about how strong they might be. Just look at Pikachu, the overall character is pretty weak in Strenght, however his Smashes are **** powerful.
Yea, I see what you mean. I think Diddy could have some average to above average Smashes, but overall do little damage. His forward Smash could be him leaning back on his tail, curled like a spring, and then launching his feet at the person. But I bet his Smashes won't be lightning quick, while his other moves will be.

Top Bottom