• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yea, I see what you mean. I think Diddy could have some average to above average Smashes, but overall do little damage. His forward Smash could be him leaning back on his tail, curled like a spring, and then launching his feet at the person. But I bet his Smashes won't be lightning quick, while his other moves will be.
Yeah that sounds like a good F Smash! I could see Diddy doing a U Smash similair to Pikachu and Fox to, because he was the character which did the most acrobatic stuff in DK64 and in various Mario Sport games he was the most agile character to.

Speedwise, I think he'd be around the same running speed as Sheik, Young Link, Yoshi and Pikachu. Fast, but still controlable. For some reason I just don't think he'd be as fast as Fox. And Peeze, Diddy would be a fast character, because he was one of the faster character in Mario Sports to.

What they could do with Diddy is Ariel Grabs, similair to DK King of Swing. Diddy could grab on edgy things on the stage which could work for both offence and defence. Diddy would spin around similair as he did in King of Swing, and if he hits the other character with his arms it would do little damage. And if the character is in Diddy's hand range, he could grab them and throw. He could also climb up by pressing R and L repeatly. But I doubt this would work in a Smash Bros game because there wouldn't be many stages where you could climb.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I just heard there will be a new trailer like tomorrow so I will like be able to change the title to like "Diddy Kong: Now Confirmed" or something like less stupid.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah if Diddy would be confirmed. And if he is, I think this thread would be closed, and we should continue discussing Diddy in the "Confirmed Character Discussion" thread.

We haven't talked about the Diddy and Dixie tag team for a while. Anyone would be mad if instead of solo Diddy, the tag team would be confirmed? I honestly wouldn't, I would be a little disapointed at first but if Diddy is already in I'm fine. :)

Tunaman3456

Smash Cadet
Diddy Kong would be an excellent charater in Brawl.

Diddy kong should be kind of like Zelda.
He and Dixie Kong should switch on and off.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah it would. But Dixie is way less used, known and she isn't solo on Sakurai's list of characters isn't she? I wouldn't mind Dixie at all, but not instead of Diddy's place.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
It's not going to be on any channel. >_> They're showing a new trailer at a Nintendo game show, the name of which I can't remember right now, and we'll probably see it as soon as somebody records and uploads it. Sometime within the next 24 hours.

Red One

Smash Rookie
I would love to have Diddy Kong as a charcter, I've wanted this ever since the first Super Smash!

primusfan

Smash Ace
Now, now Basement. Be nice to the new kid. It's only his first day.

Anyway, about a new Brawl trailer? I've just heard the news about it. That happens tomorrow?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Now, now Basement. Be nice to the new kid. It's only his first day.

Anyway, about a new Brawl trailer? I've just heard the news about it. That happens tomorrow?
It happens November 2nd, which is TODAY!, but we ma y not get info until tomarow I hope it's a new full-blown trailer, but it just may be in-game footage of already confirmed chracters. That's just as good cuz we'll see Wario in action :p

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Well let's see over at DKU (probably the only place on the net with DKC fans) they hate Jungle Beat and over at Gamefaqs and other sites they have DK fans (DK Arcade, JB, people who think DK is a spin-off of mario and that current DK is the classic DK) they seem to hate DKC and call it linear and boring despite the fact that it is more fun and original than every mario game to date IMO

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I don't really like Diddy he is a fairly logical choice for the game is why I support him. I hate the entire DK series as a whole honestly.

Red One

Smash Rookie
I know lot of people with your same view and I respect that.
I could live on even if he didn't make the cut.

Harbinger

Smash Apprentice
Diddy would be great. I wouldn't see how anyone could possibly argue against any character suggestion aside from non-Nintendo characters or more third party characters.

Top Bottom