• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I haven't accepted anyone who isn't allready confirmed because it doesn't matter what any of you think because if a character is going to be in Brawl he is going to be in Brawl no matter what you sad deluted people say. Also Fire Emblem has more charcters to choose from so if you think of it that way the ratio of DK characters in and notin is far far greater than Fire Emblems. On Fire Emblem game has more characters to choose from than the entire stinking DK series and ******** spinoffs, like Diddy Kong Racing.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I think 1 of the Fire Emblem games comes close if not has more characters then the DK series does.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
I haven't accepted anyone who isn't allready confirmed because it doesn't matter what any of you think because if a character is going to be in Brawl he is going to be in Brawl no matter what you sad deluted people say. Also Fire Emblem has more charcters to choose from so if you think of it that way the ratio of DK characters in and notin is far far greater than Fire Emblems. On Fire Emblem game has more characters to choose from than the entire stinking DK series and ******** spinoffs, like Diddy Kong Racing.
Basement just give it up a lot more ppl would be pissed off if they added another random FE char instead of diddy. So why don't you either stop posting in this thread or except the fact that diddy will be an awesome addition to Smash? :mad:

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
..Wow both of you again? Let me tell you plain and simple..Diddy will be in Brawl because he is the most requested out there. If you don't like Diddy being in Brawl well tough ****, he is going to be in Brawl. It does not matter what you think you idiots. He will be in Brawl and people will want to play with him. They should get rid of Roy and Marth because..FE is just a idiotic series anyways. DKC>>>FE anytime of the week.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
The amount of characters in what's mostly a Japanese only franchise hardly mean anything if nobody even knew who the hell they were at the begining of this generation, unlike the DKC characters and Diddy Kong, who are still huge at the moment. Hell, why am I even arguing? I know that you're only here to raise your post counts and that you're both going to be banned sooner or later.

I also find it ironic that you try to make fun of everybody for wasting their time here, even though the both of you spend more hours watching this forum more than several members combined just for a chance to post some redundant one-liner.

In lighter news, that was a really well done move set Flip Troopa, but I'd say it'd be better if Diddy Kong used his cartweel attack for his B >, as Chimpy Charge isn't nearly as memorable. That Sukopon moveset also makes me more interested in whether he'll be in or not.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
I love it.... the Diddy Kong fans vs the 2 lone FE fans. Too good, add to it that it's on the Brawl forums is too good. Why don't you guys just leave each other alone? I mean, people can have their opinions, and if you expect them to respect yours, when you purposely just come on their thread, and bash their ideas, you are terribly terribly wrong, and at the same time you're earning an even more bad name for yourself on these boards.

Why don't you guys try acting a little more mature, and respect other people's opinions?

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Basement just give it up a lot more ppl would be pissed off if they added another random FE char instead of diddy. So why don't you either stop posting in this thread or except the fact that diddy will be an awesome addition to Smash? :mad:
I am entitled to post my opinion and that is pure opinion Darkknight, which is similar to what you people are complainingabout with me not wanting Diddy. Marth and Roy should stay because they are already in Melee, so it just sounds like you have had some bad experiances always losing to Marth and Roy, your a complete idiot and your grammer backs that up, or you have absolutely no clue how to use either of them so you are allways complaining about them.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
No FE needs to be away from Brawl completly..they need to die like the FF series..just go away slowly because there more thrid-party characters that earn the right to be in Brawl.
well at least one fire emblem character will be back because that castle stage is from the original FE. The flag gives it away. I am pretty sure that game's main character was......Oh yeah it was Marth. As for Diddy if you even read my last like 3 or 4 posts I said I really didnt care if he got in.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Diddy is worthless and other franchises should be represented first. The worst characters idea is Glover who came from our very own xiangfeng, so it looks like his tastes haven't improved by making a Diddy thread.
This was the very 2nd character support thread made and has the least haters here is a list of DK characters (the ones I can rememberk off the top of my head anyway, it includes DKR characters)

Donkey kong
Donkey Kong Jr
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
Kiddy Kong
Tiny Kong
Lanky Kong
Chunky Kong
Cranky Kong
Wrinkly Kong
Swanky Kong
Funky Kong
Candy Kong
Snide
K.Rool
K.Lusmy
Armydillo
Krunch
Wizpig
Banjo
Conker
Tricky
Tiptup
Necky
Giant Gnawty
Manky Kong
Ninja Kong
Sumo Kong
Stanely the Bugman
Giant Zinger
Timber

That's just a few and if every FE game has more characters than that then they have way too many characters.

Diddy will be in before any new FE characters because he is from a better selling franchise, a better known franchise, all of it's characters are unique and it is more under represented. Diddy is the single most popular Nintendo character not to be included in a Super Smash brothers game so far and is extrodinarly unique.

There are zero good reasons why Diddy shouldn't be in Brawl.

Fliptroopa I love that picture can I put it on the front page?

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Sheesh Dark even though I agree with you, you have to take a chill pill.

P.S. Zombie even though I would rather see Ike than any other lord, as long as the Did is in the suggestion I'm cool with it.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
I am entitled to post my opinion and that is pure opinion Darkknight, which is similar to what you people are complainingabout with me not wanting Diddy. Marth and Roy should stay because they are already in Melee, so it just sounds like you have had some bad experiances always losing to Marth and Roy, your a complete idiot and your grammer backs that up, or you have absolutely no clue how to use either of them so you are allways complaining about them.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, way to put a new spin on irony, BD!

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer

You can talk about grammar, AFTER, you explain these.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Ok back on topic...Anyways ingoring the idiots..We should think about a possibilty of an Adventure stage for the DK Series?
DK Jungle from the first Donkey Kong Country game :p you'd have to jump on the tree tops and get up ledges using the tires, and all barrels on that stage could be changed to DK Barrels :lick:

xianfeng

Smash Hero
There should definatly be an adventure stage for DKC and all the big franchises like Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Starfox, Metroid, Fzero and DK, it would be different than the others because it's in a jungle and has the coolest bad guys like Klap Traps and Gnawtys.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Personally I think that if they have the time, the dev. team should base the Adventure stages on significant games, rather than just one each franchise. For example, DK would get a construction site for the DK Arcade games, and latter on Jungle Japes would be another Adventure level.

And the first level of DK64 is pretty much a 3D version of the first level of DKC. There wouldn't have to be any 'fusion' at all. They're pretty much the same place.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Fliptroopa I love that picture can I put it on the front page?
Knock yourself out. And if you want, you can cut out the Sukapon stuff too, so long as you keep my signature :nod:

And has anyone seen ALGUS's drawings on the NSider forums? He actually has a mine cart stage layout that's not half bad. Basically you're fighting on the tracks with limited/dim lighting, and as the battle intensifies, Kremlings start careening down the tracks in carts trying to wail on fighters. Since the track platforms are all over the place, you're never sure where they're going :p

xianfeng

Smash Hero
And the first level of DK64 is pretty much a 3D version of the first level of DKC. There wouldn't have to be any 'fusion' at all. They're pretty much the same place.
There are some differences between the levels that I would like to see put together there would be a small fusion but Mine Cart FTW!

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
@Flip..wow that is a great idea! I'm thinking trophy bonus stage where you get shot from the barrels and collect the trophies around the area collecting them. Assuming that will bring trophies back.

@Xiang..I made a Super move..T.T where the credit?

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Blah..that's because I never log off and I leave my computer on through out the day.

Anyways I see Diddy does not have a Super Smash so I will make one myself.

Diddy Kong's Super Smash: Gutair Blast- Diddy jumps into the middle of the stage with his Guitar in his hands and plays a short song. (One he uses in DK64) The sound waves will make the characters on the ground stuck to the ground taking damage. The characters up in the air will fly off in an isntant KO.

Range: Middle
Power:High
Speed:Middle
(%Wise on ground:25-30%

%Wise on the air:85-90% (Instant KO))
Here we go..take a look.:laugh:

Iggy K

Smash Ace
And has anyone seen ALGUS's drawings on the NSider forums? He actually has a mine cart stage layout that's not half bad. Basically you're fighting on the tracks with limited/dim lighting, and as the battle intensifies, Kremlings start careening down the tracks in carts trying to wail on fighters. Since the track platforms are all over the place, you're never sure where they're going :p
Oh man, Algus is the drawing maniac, his drawings are to good(especially his S.S.Teacup level).

EDIT: Allright, past fifty pages!

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I found the super and I will add it right now, I am also adding a new higher level of Diddy fan, Diddy Defender, the poeple who defended little Diddy when I wasn't here.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I found the super and I will add it right now, I am also adding a new higher level of Diddy fan, Diddy Defender, the poeple who defended little Diddy when I wasn't here.
can I be a Diddy Defender?

do you think they'll show Diddy as the first, second, third, or fourth new Nintendo newcomer in the next trailer?

Top Bottom