• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Yep check the first page, the Diddy Defenders are in Cyan.
huzzahs for xainfeg and diddy kong!

I think diddy wil be either first or second revealed Newcomer in the next trailer (IMO, the only one I would like to see in the trailer before him would be Little Mac)

EDIT: Huzzahs for Dirt Bikes too. What kind do you have?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Had I posted before you? If I so then I will bump you to super if not Defender. Diddy Defenders are people that defended Diddy when I was off either sleeping or on my Dirt Bike.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
It means good luck will follow you for years to come.

Either that or you're a SUPER DUPER Diddy Kong fan. You lucky bum.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
so much happens in so little time.

first off, thank you xianfeng for making me a diddy defender. although i am dissapointed that my buddy Xevelous was no where in the diddy fan section. he posted somewhere around 5-10 pages back, i think. i will rep you for diddy defender hood, and i think you should be one too since you defend diddy as much as anyone else.

now if zombie and basement come back, i have to agree with them on one thing. i believe that roy and marth should stay. i am a little bit of a fire emblem fan, but really if they had to axe a fire emblem character, i think it should be marth, since roy is more badass.

fliptroopa, awesome picture. looks good on the front page.

last, but not least, Diddy should be the 3rd introduced character. i love diddy and all, but i believe ridley and krystal are cooler. my sig basically lists them in order of importance for me.

Diddy ftw! Diddy for top tier (if tier still exists, even though i don't want it too)! Diddy for friggin brawl!

(xianfeng, Xevelous wants to be a Diddy fan. make it so)

(dude, i made your rep green again!)

Maverick69

Smash Ace
I have no idea what's going on with all this defender and stuff.

All I know is, diddy would be great in brawl. onestly I dont care much for DK (in smash bros. DK in general is cool) but diddy would be great.

Diddy for Brawl!

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
We need more DK characters, and Diddy is an excellent choice for Brawl with all those games under his belt and his awesomeness. DKC2 is one of my favorite games ever.
(ps. can I be on the Diddy supporter list)

bbb

Smash Champion
At Colbus, I don't see how this is on topic but if any of the FE characters leave it would have to be Roy, Marth was a pivotal character in the series as a whole, what with being the main character in the first one and third one. Also Roy was put in mainly for advertising.

Back on topic: Diddy est muy bueno. DKC 2 is a fantastic game as is DKC 1. And, other than DK himself, Diddy is THE Kong.

hurrah Diddy Kong.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
so much happens in so little time.

first off, thank you xianfeng for making me a diddy defender. although i am dissapointed that my buddy Xevelous was no where in the diddy fan section. he posted somewhere around 5-10 pages back, i think. i will rep you for diddy defender hood, and i think you should be one too since you defend diddy as much as anyone else.

now if zombie and basement come back, i have to agree with them on one thing. i believe that roy and marth should stay. i am a little bit of a fire emblem fan, but really if they had to axe a fire emblem character, i think it should be marth, since roy is more badass.

fliptroopa, awesome picture. looks good on the front page.

last, but not least, Diddy should be the 3rd introduced character. i love diddy and all, but i believe ridley and krystal are cooler. my sig basically lists them in order of importance for me.

Diddy ftw! Diddy for top tier (if tier still exists, even though i don't want it too)! Diddy for friggin brawl!

(xianfeng, Xevelous wants to be a Diddy fan. make it so)

(dude, i made your rep green again!)
Marth is more of a main character so if they get rid of one it should be Roy also Marth seems to have a bigger fan base and my brother asked me too ask the "Diddy people" (his words not mine) about Lanky Kong so here I am asking about a character I really don't want in, but what do you say so I can tell him the opinions of the "Diddy people" althoug he could join and ask hiself, but no he ask me to do it.

Also to Dantedemonslayer my brother is good with DK and I doubt Diddy would be as good he wouldn't have the power or range DK does and if your good your opponents speed shouldn't matter that much really and that is all Diddy would have on him although if he does get in he should have his Peanut Popguns to bance him a little a character like Diddy would need a ranged attack to even be usable in Brawl.

P.s. I still do not support Diddy, but if he is in Brawl he should be a usable character so people would actually be him to create a more diverse population of Smash players right now they all seem to be Fox or Falco.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Marth is more of a main character so if they get rid of one it should be Roy also Marth seems to have a bigger fan base and my brother asked me too ask the "Diddy people" (his words not mine) about Lanky Kong so here I am asking about a character I really don't want in, but what do you say so I can tell him the opinions of the "Diddy people" althoug he could join and ask hiself, but no he ask me to do it.
Who's talking about getting rid of Marth and Roy? Those guys are awesome.

ANYWAY, about Lanky, I wouldnt care if he were in or not. It might be interesting. He had some weird moves, he played a major role in DK64, why not? But if he doesnt get in, no big deal, as long as Diddy gets in.:)

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
For once I agree with someone from the Diddy thread in sayingif there is another representative Diddy should go before Lanky, but I think K. Rool should be in Brawl to represent the villian and then leave Diddy out because that would be two characters from the DK series and everyone else seems to be getting a major villian from their series in Brawl.

primusfan

Smash Ace
That's where I have to disagree. I don't hink K.Rool should be in. Even though some people want him in to represent the villain in DK, I can't imagine him having an intersting moveset. We already have a gigantic evil reptile and thats Bowser.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I know diddy kong is popular but if anymore DK characters are going to be in it should only be one more. I would say that Diddy and K. Rool have the best shot. That at least would give them 2 for the DK games. I really dont mind which of those 2 get in.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
What other villian from DK would fit if not K. Rool and there are two plumbers so the fact that he is reptillian is irrelevent. The trends seems to be to incorporate a villian from each of the represented series so I think Diddy should be dropped as a possibilty and a decent villian from the series should be thought about I personally am not a K. Rool fan either, but then again if I had my way DK would be enough, however if the other series are getting a villian it is only fair to put in one from the DK series.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I might be a Mario fan, but I just need to say that Mario had 5 characters. So why can't DK (who deserves as much respect as Mario since Mario's first game was call Donkey Kong, ring a bell) have two more? Diddy is ranked pretty high in the poll, placing second and K. Rool is far behind. Also, Diddy has several moves to be reduced to just another fast character. He has some powerful moves. One of the coolest things I ever saw was when Diddy was introduced at the beginning of Donkey Kong 64. Spinning in midair with a jetpack and shooting a circle of bullets (peanuts). Shoot... hey xianfeng! Add me to that Diddy fan list. The only one I want in Brawl more than Diddy is Geno...

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
So your complaining about representation of the DK series, yet you just hurt your own argument by saying there is already three representatives from the DK series Mario, Peach, and DK are all in the original so it seems they are pretty well represented to me although I didn't want to bring up Peach's and Mario's minor roles in the original game, but it seems that your own stupidity did it for me.

Also it isn't very sporting to have a list of Diddy supporters without a list that think Diddy should not be in Brawl it really isn't right maybe you should make one to be fair regardless of your opinions you should be fair about it atleast.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
It wasn't Peach in the original Donkey Kong,, that was Pauline. And Mario represents the Mario series, not the DK series. Don't say people show stupidity when you show lots of it yourself.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Also it isn't very sporting to have a list of Diddy supporters without a list that think Diddy should not be in Brawl it really isn't right maybe you should make one to be fair regardless of your opinions you should be fair about it atleast.

Well, you're talking about it, go make a "Diddy Should NOT be in Brawl Thread". It probably wouldnt matter at this point cause he's most likely gonna be in.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
It wasn't Peach in the original Donkey Kong,, that was Pauline. And Mario represents the Mario series, not the DK series. Don't say people show stupidity when you show lots of it yourself.
Mario can represent both. If your in the game you represent it so technically he represents both.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I wasn't talking about representation, I'm talking about respecting. Mario was created to fight DK, without the main enemy, Nintendo would not exist because Donkey Kong was their last shot at saving their company's inclusion in video games. Also, Mario represents himself and DK represents himself. I was just stating that DK played a major role in Nintendo history and is way too underrated in that game. Besides Mario, DK is the most important character in Nintendo's history.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Diddy has not been in any Mario Parties simply because DK has always taken the spot. But..he has been in the Mario Kart Double Dash, Baseball and the other sport games. Diddy is just as popular as DK or maybe even more. Diddy maybe always to second to DK but..he is a nessissity for the DK series. Besides I hate DK.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
Mario can represent both. If your in the game you represent it so technically he represents both.
Mario is a spin-off of Donkey Kong. He draws moves from his franchise, not the Donkey Kong franchise. Mario doesn't represent DK, dude.

And your argument is stupid. Link was in at the very end of Donkey Kong Country 2 standing with the other Nintendo heroes. Does he represent DK as well since he was in the game?

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Wait wasn't Cranky the original Donkey Kong b/c clearly in SSBM it says that DK is merely a desendant. So actually DK represent DKC and not Donkey Kong the series.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Wether a company would exist if a franchise didn't exist is pure speculation and can't be used as an argument because it could have worked the opposite because if the DK franchise did not exist the developers who made it would have been free to make another franchise that could have been more succesful than the DK franchise thus your argument about Nintendo not existing without the DK franchise is speculation thus making it null and void.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Mario is a spin-off of Donkey Kong. He draws moves from his franchise, not the Donkey Kong franchise. Mario doesn't represent DK, dude.

And your argument is stupid. Link was in at the very end of Donkey Kong Country 2 standing with the other Nintendo heroes. Does he represent DK as well since he was in the game?
He doesnt even do anything but stand there so no he doesnt. He has no role in that game. They just through him in it for some odd reason.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Mario wasn't even mario in DK, they decided to take that character design and give him his own game. So if "Jumpman" were in Brawl, then you're argument would be valid.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Wether a company would exist if a franchise didn't exist is pure speculation and can't be used as an argument because it could have worked the opposite because if the DK franchise did not exist the developers who made it would have been free to make another franchise that could have been more succesful than the DK franchise thus your argument about Nintendo not existing without the DK franchise is speculation thus making it null and void.

You need to brush up on Nintendo history. Donkey Kong was going to be their last game if it didn't succeed because they kept making games that sucked. So if this game sucked, they would have gave up on making video games altogether. That is a fact, look it up.

Top Bottom