• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Wether a company would exist if a franchise didn't exist is pure speculation and can't be used as an argument because it could have worked the opposite because if the DK franchise did not exist the developers who made it would have been free to make another franchise that could have been more succesful than the DK franchise thus your argument about Nintendo not existing without the DK franchise is speculation thus making it null and void.
Well Mr. Expert let me shut your garabage out.:laugh:

First the original DK arcade game had three characters. Mario,DK and Peach ok? After the NES came out...Miyamoto made a game called Mario Bros. aslo for the arcade too. Then in 1985 he made Super Mario Bros. which launched the Mario Franchise not the DK one dummy.:laugh: So Mario was a spinoff of the DK arcade. Then in 1994 Rare a thrid party of Nintendo, made the DKC series which totally different than the DK arcade, Miyamoto thought the DK series was ******** but..I will get back on that. Anyways as you see Mario,DK are spinoffs from the DK arcade...therefore making your post null and void.:laugh:

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Although I did hear that Pauline is going to be in Mario vs Donkey Kong 2 witch really doesn't have anything to do with anything but I guess I just wanted to let you know she hasn't been completely forgotten.

Edit: Dang! People are posting way too fast!

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Link had a role in Soul Caliber II. Does he represent that in SSB as well?
I would say he represents Soul Caliber II, but only thesecond addition so yes I would say he does. Any character no matter their role in a game represents every game they were in, however how well they represent that series is a different question. So in my opinion he does represent Soul Calibur II he just doesn't representit well a b far better representative from Soul Calibur would be Cervantes, Sigfried, or Nightmare.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Didn't some1 already state the fact that Mario doesn't rep DK, b/c if he did he would have a DK symbol in smash instead of a mushroom.
He represents his own series better so his series representation takes priority over him repping the DK series however he still reps the DK series.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
He represents his own series better so his series representation takes priority over him repping the DK series however he still reps the DK series.
And..that made no sense. Ok let me guess what you are saying here. So...let's say Link was not reprsenting the LOZ seires but Zelda was you think that would make sense? No, neither do yours, even though "Mario" was in the DK arcade game does not mean his from the DK series. He has own series, which invovles so many other characters.:laugh: So..in that case you need some info to back that up.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
No, it doesn't. Anyway.

Diddy Kong. Hmm. He's pretty cool, but, DK himself is not very popular. I don't know if we'd really NEED Diddy.

Weighed against all the other versatile characters available? He seems a trivial matter. I'd hate to see him with a move set simillar to DK's. Maybe, if the added in the much-wanted K.Rool AND Diddy, and took DK out...

Whatever pleases the most people and keeps the game diverse would be best, even if that means cutting DK.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Wait, I get this logic! Roy's first appearance was in Melee and then his game was released. Therefore, the people who created Melee screwed up and didn't give Roy a smash symbol, because at the time, Roy was representing that game more.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Wait, I get this logic! Roy's first appearance was in Melee and then his game was released. Therefore, the people who created Melee screwed up and didn't give Roy a smash symbol, because at the time, Roy was representing that game more.
So what if you want him to represent Melee then thats fine by me. Thats just a good reason to keep him.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
I assume a lot of people will take that stance, SmashBrotha. =P It was just a suggestion. Not something I actively wish for.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
So what if you want him to represent Melee then thats fine by me. Thats just a good reason to keep him.
That was a sarcastic statement, he had a Fire Emblem symbol so he represents that franchise despite having no game at the time. If you and basement's logic makes sense than he should of had the smash symbol as his icon.

daisythirdeyeW33

Smash Apprentice
xianfeng probably knows this already, but you are being attacked by people who are not supporting Diddy Kong.
Well you know what, SCREW THEM!!

Diddy Kong is a sure character for a newcomer! DK is the only ape who is representing the DK series. I guess he could use his little nephew to help out with him.

I get the feeling Diddy Kong is already in the game as we speak.

avyuir

Smash Cadet
Diddy should not be in SSBB. He would just be a clone and besides, haven't we have enough mario characters. I mean cmon people, Donkey is enough to cover the Donkey Kong series.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I fail to see how Diddy would be a clone of DK. Hell, they'll different species for crying out loud. (DK = Ape, Diddy = Monkey)

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
I have a related question: The Kong in the Super Nintendo DK game, the one with Sunglasses....what was his name?

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Diddy should not be in SSBB. He would just be a clone and besides, haven't we have enough mario characters. I mean cmon people, Donkey is enough to cover the Donkey Kong series.
Wait, are you saying that Diddy is a Mario character? Plus don't say a character should not be in the game without posting why. He has enough moves to be seperate and he is smaller and faster than DK. If Donkey Kong was enough than Sakurai wouldn't have bothered to add Diddy on his list.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
1. Diddy can't be a clone because:
-he's small, Donkey Kong is large
-he has a tail, Donkey Kong doesn't
-he has a jetpac, peanut popguns, and a guitar, Donkey Kong doesn't
2. Diddy Kong is a Donkey Kong character, not a Mario one. he originated in DONKEY KONG Country
3. If that is true, then let's take out Zelda, Young Link, and Ganondorf, because Link's all we need from Loz! [/sarcasm]

Please think before posting.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
1. Your ********...DK does not have a tail.
2....Diddy is not a Mario character.
3.Diddy is more popular than DK.
4....Clone?!..Okkkk go back to bio class and look up Ape and monkey and see the difference.:laugh:

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
Haha! Maybe Funky can be an alt costume of DK? But, anyway, I think I may as well go on record as supporting Diddy. He's a good, recognizable character.

And 56 pages of discussion? Obviously he's stirred up some talk, so, why not?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
How would a monkey be a clone of an ape. So your saying that Starfox desserves more representation they have 5 games and the DK series has 11, the DK series has more versitle characters. Diddy originated in a DK game but has "cameod" in some mario ones. Wait Samus was in Super Mario RPG does that mean she's a mario character too? according to your logic it does.

I added a Diddy hater list there is 3 people on there, the ones in Green are the ones that have provided a good reason as to why he shouldn't be in Brawl, so far none are green because their arguments are weak especially Avyuir, Basement and Zombie have started to scratch the surface of a goodish debate and have kept this thread alive so thanks for that, if they admit that he proberly will be in Brawl then they wouldn't be so n00bish and thankyou Colbus I am finally out of the Red!

primusfan

Smash Ace
Yes, exactly right. I can't seem to figure out why some people think he would be a clone. HE'S AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT CHARACTER! Just because Diddy is from the same franchise as DK doesnt mean he would be a clone.

P.S.- Thanks for making me a Diddy Defender, Xianfeng

Top Bottom