• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
I'd play as him for sure. I like Donkey Kong the character but I just dont care for him in melee. This will let me experience DKC in Brawl. Plus if his super is electric guitar, well, I gotta melt some faces.

Of course, I'm still rooting for shyguy. (go support shyguy for brawl! click his name in my sig!) If he makes it in he's my main for sure.
My next choice would probably be toad.
And my current main is Ness.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I always have 3 mains (my currents are Peach, Zelda and Y. Link) If all the characters I want get in then they will be Diddy, Toad or Shy Guy and Krystal.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
diddy for me will probably be one of my secondaries or one of my back-ups. i am really focused on mario and bowser, and snake will probably be another of my mains, then ridley and krystal. but all the characters in my sig, i use a lot. so diddy will be used a ton and have lots of KO's and be awesome to play as.

off topic:do you guys have any characters with over 1000 KO's on ssbm? on my disc, it's mario, link, ganon, pika, fox, and kirby, with bowser over 2000.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
As of now, and probably forever, Wario will most likely be the first character I try to main. I might mian Diddy, if I like his moves. It all comes down to how Sakurai makes him. I like Diddy, but, like all characters, he could easily be broken like Mewtwo or Bowser.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I know but I trust Sakurai not to screw him up, just so long as Miyamoto doesn't touch him apparantly Miyamoto hated DKC so he can't work on Diddy I forbid him too.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
well, actually, he was pressured to make mario world 2 into a game similar to dkc, so that really flustered him. i don't think he hates it, he just didn't want to copy it into a game he was making.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
diddy for me will probably be one of my secondaries or one of my back-ups. i am really focused on mario and bowser, and snake will probably be another of my mains, then ridley and krystal. but all the characters in my sig, i use a lot. so diddy will be used a ton and have lots of KO's and be awesome to play as.

off topic:do you guys have any characters with over 1000 KO's on ssbm? on my disc, it's mario, link, ganon, pika, fox, and kirby, with bowser over 2000.
I have over 20,000 ko's total and Mario has over 8,000 ko's by himself. Yeah, I play this game alot...

Diddy for Brawl! What more is there to say?

Xevelous

Smash Apprentice
well, I wouldn't mind if he worked on diddy, but most likely it will be Sakurai working on him mostly. But, if he does wind up working on him, I just hope he doesn't screw him up TOO bad.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I don't know whether to feel jealousy or pity...
i think that's friggin cool. i am trying to get all the characters i like over 1000 KOs and leave everyone else behind.

and yes, and new trailer is in order. it's been 3 months now!!! (wow, 3 months, i can't believe it.)

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
The game has been out for like 5 years, 20.000 isn't as big as you think... It isn't like I play it every second just like an hour or two a day.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
In DKC Diddy was taged by DK so how about Diddy being a "transformation" of DK like sheik is to Zelda instead of being his own seperate character.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
In DKC Diddy was taged by DK so how about Diddy being a "transformation" of DK like sheik is to Zelda instead of being his own seperate character.
That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard, Diddy was gagged and bound and stuffed in that barrel by the kremlings and a transformation just no that would waste a B v move for both of them they are both unique and original enough to have their own moveset.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
It would go with their game though so there is logic behind my reasoning and losing one move for each of them isn't going to kill either of them Zelda and Sheik seem to do okay, Sheik is top tier even without a doen B.

icymatt

Smash Lord
It works for Zelda/Sheik because they were designed around that concept. DK already has a basic design idea, and adding that would bring nothing to either Dk or Diddy, other than making it annoying to play as either.

And really, Zelda/Sheik is such a cool, unique idea that I'd rather they not shoehorn onto characters who really have no reason to have such an ability.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Seeing as how they mentioned 'under certain conditions', it seems they will be doing differently than Zelda/Sheik.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
just when you think they're gone, they get stupider. i hope they get banned.

with zamus, it is unsure, but it probaly will revolve around damage, i hope.

anyway, diddy pawns. no transformation or tag team needs to go with diddy. diddy by himself will pawn no matter what.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
You Diddy people have thick skulls and no brains just like Ken's groupies you aren't open to any suggestions that contrast with your own ideas.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
because it was a dumb idea to begin with. not only are you limiting a great character's moves, but limiting another character who already has a great moveset. we are not the ones with thick skulls. you are dude.

Top Bottom