• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
That's still a bad idea it's like having a mario, luigi tag team. This idea has been suggested before but with Dixie Kong and either way it's a bad idea.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Because it doesn't agree with yours aw poor baby. How does it feel when not everybody likes your ideas? Assuming from your reaction you don't like it as you don't give a reason while I have a very good one. The fact that they did do a tagteam in DKC is a logical argument that you are blindly refusing because you feel that Diddy should be his own character when he is really never without DK. Blindly refusing an idea where have I heard that before oh that's right that is what I've been accused of doing so if your going to accusemeof doing it and then you do the same thing you have no right to critisize.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
..Ok then you do that because Diddy is his own character and deserves to be by himself. I mean do you want Roy and Marth to switch out every single time you press Down-B? I don't think so..Besides he needs to by himself it's the only way he has true freedom. In DK 64 you can play with him Solo and he didn't need DK as a tag team partner. Plus Diddy has proven himself to be worthy to be alone..just look at his resume it's big! I mean I can't say anything for Marth because he was just a filler.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
You Diddy people have thick skulls and no brains just like Ken's groupies you aren't open to any suggestions that contrast with your own ideas.
No, we aren't open to ideas that A) Are created by trolls with nothing better to do than rag on other people's ideas, and B) Are stupid.

That really is one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard. Let's think about this for a sec, you're saying give them a move like ssheik and zelda, but what you neglect to realize is SHEIK AND ZELDA ARE THE SAME PERSON! DIDDY AND DK ARE ENTIRELY DIFFERENT! For god's sake they're different animals, Ape, Monkey.

So your idea is to somehow change an animal into something else. Sir that is genetic engineering and I am apalled by your lack of morals!

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Diddy Kong or Donkey Kong better have a banana move. That is what they are all about. They risked their lives for a heap of bananas and they have used the fruit in many games. A banana should at least be an item, at the very least.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
i guess ill supprt the little guy o_O
course you will your a smart person you support Diddy and NARH

Diddy Kong or Donkey Kong better have a banana move. That is what they are all about. They risked their lives for a heap of bananas and they have used the fruit in many games. A banana should at least be an item, at the very least.
Not as a move, that would be more DK jr stuff but as an item hell yes I have been pushing for it since I was 9 (a year after the original came out) It would be heaps cool.

daisythirdeyeW33

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to bring up something about Diddy following DK that was said before.

This idea is not a good one. Diddy is a TOTAL different character, now that he made his own games and DK made his own games, too, with Diddy being a companion on what DK does. Nintendo can make Diddy his own special moves and movelist.

Diddy does not need to follow DK, back then at the first Donkey Kong Country game , he was there as a cool gameplay idea. I don't think other game companies did this idea before DKC. DK wanted Diddy to help him out find his missing banana horde.

But, Diddy following DK is a whole other character design. This idea should go to Banjo & Kazooie thread idea. These characters are known to separate from each other.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Soooo... Im back again from vacation. Nice to see that this thread still excists. :p

Oh and making DK transform into Diddy is the ****ing worst idea ever.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Yay for Diddy in Brawl! I can tell you that I wasn't a happy bunny when he didn't appear in melee (not even as a trophy:mad: ). I can't see Sakurai leaving him out again, it's not fair on Donkey Kong to leave him all on his own.

He needs to be his own character though, none of this tagging along with DK rubbish.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Diddy needs to be done justice in Brawl. He should of at least got a trophy but instead they give it to Dixie. That dissapointed me in a huge way...

Stryks

Smash Hero
This thread has been out for a while, and I never have posted here (i think), well tough id like too see diddy and the girl monkey together like the ice climbers, i Still say Diddy knog for brawl!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
This thread has been out for a while, and I never have posted here (i think), well tough id like too see diddy and the girl monkey together like the ice climbers, i Still say Diddy knog for brawl!
I'd rather not see Diddy paired with Dixie like that, but it's Sakurai's decision :lick:

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Sakurai knows what he's doing. He'll add Diddy (he'd better at least) and make him an excellent brawler. Besides, the Ice Climbers are almost exactly the same, Diddy and Dixie have their own unique styles.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
welcome back diddy kong (the member, not the monkey)

but diddy with anyone else is an injustice to diddy. he needs to be by himself so he can show his awesome power to the likes of mario, link, and snake.

diddy for brawl!

EDIT:how old are you xianfeng and diddy kong? i am curious to know what age these great diddy fans are.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Thanks for the nice welcome. :D Ive turned 16 last month btw. :p

But I dont really care HOW Diddy gets in, I just want him to be there no mather what. But seeing as Sakurai went crazy about the tag team idea, I expect to see Diddy and Dixie sooner then Diddy himself.

daisythirdeyeW33

Smash Apprentice
Diddy & Dixie Kong as one character seems like a good idea. I MEAN A REALLY GOOD IDEA!!! So good it is what they should do with them.

Here me out:
The characters will be like the Ice Climbers, but both are playable characters! You can switch between both of them. Diddy Kong will have his OWN moveset and specials. Dixie Kong will have her OWN moveset and specials! But how they switch between them is tough to say. Maybe they will use the Down-B special move. They will also have their OWN Ultimate Smash moves.

Diddy Kong & Dixie Kong is a really good character method. You will have two characters in one!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy & Dixie Kong as one character seems like a good idea. I MEAN A REALLY GOOD IDEA!!! So good it is what they should do with them.

Here me out:
The characters will be like the Ice Climbers, but both are playable characters! You can switch between both of them. Diddy Kong will have his OWN moveset and specials. Dixie Kong will have her OWN moveset and specials! But how they switch between them is tough to say. Maybe they will use the Down-B special move. They will also have their OWN Ultimate Smash moves.

Diddy Kong & Dixie Kong is a really good character method. You will have two characters in one!
Yeaah just like that! I've made a moveset for Diddy & Dixie to somewhere around this thread. But it was too big to put into the first post.

Diddy Kong & Dixie Kong would turn into a awesome character, thats for sure.
Cmon why didnt they thought of this earlier? O_O

Maverick69

Smash Ace
they did "thought" of that earlier. The idea has been suggested and rejected many time by people who dont read the previous posts -_-

and when everyone wakes up you're going to get a flurry of opposition to the diddy/dixie tag tam

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
you know whats weird? how dixie didnt appear in DK 64...
makin diddy a tag team is like saying he cant fend for himself and he needs a partner. that is way wrong.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm 13, 14 in december :p

I don't want D/D tag team because it would limt their potential, people at the DKU know what I am talking about people here don't get it.
Well its not really true it will limit their potential (atleast... fighting potential)... Look at the Ice Climbers. They arent anything special at their own but still they are somewhat of a high tier character. Diddy and Dixie both have exelent speed, so there is a very good chance they will end up being better then the Ice Climbers are at the moment.

However I do agree that the characters will be underrated a bit, since they are both important to the DK franchice, putting them both in one character might be a little disrespectful but I think its honestly the only way Dixie will make it to Brawl, and we gotta respect her to. ;)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But the ice climbers can't fight by themselves D/D do most of their fighting by themselves.
Too true. However if Diddy where to fight alone he'd use mostly his DK64 moves... And I dont really think they will rep that game. DKC was a pure classic, even imo better then Mario himself. D/D tagteam would be exelent because even one of them has the same strenght as lets say... Pikachu or Y.Link? They are both fast, can jump high and Dixie's helicopter spin would make a exelent recovery. However I do fear to people will think Diddy cant do anything by himself to...

Top Bottom