• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy is a beast on luigis mansion

ADHD

Smash Hero
He is a master of tech chasing, in addition to his up b he can uthrow, utilt, and usmash tech chase. You can utilize uthrow like this: Uthrow > jab > uthrow, and finish off with anything you like or even repeat the uthrow > jab until they escape. You can also uthrow > anything, but a new grab would be also nice and refresh alot of other moves. Alright, now for the usmash. Usmash just punishes teching on any part of the house, and sends them back up to the ceiling to be re-tech chased. Just be creative with it, it sends them bouncing back down from the ceiling and you can follow their roll or whatever and punish them. Usmash is a good starter for tech chasing, you can usmash > tech chase > uthrow > etc. At higher percents his fthrow and bthrow will smash them back down at the ceiling in an angle, and I gaurantee you can run and they'll roll away from you and you can regrab them. Now for the utilt. Utilt just basically does the same thing, it bashes them on the ceiling, however it is very easy to incoorporate into your mansion game. Dash attack > utilt > (utilt at lower percents two more times) > usmash and continue the tech chase. It's all about being creative. He has his up b, and massive tech chasing skills, it's too bad its banned in my area though :(

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Well, most of the LM stuff I've read came from AZ, and he said stuff like good vs everyone except heavys

Faster down b bananas by hitting the pillars/ceilings lol

It's a nice flat platform at the bottom, meaning some nice naner locks

up b is very good here

Diddy has a hard time killing here I think

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Watch at like 3:06, I nana (3%) > grab -bthrow (10%)> up B (11% on way up + 19% rocket barrel discharge) and he goes from 53% to 96% in about 3 seconds.

That instance is why this stage rocks for Diddy...against non-heavies.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
eh i hate LM. Wayyyyyyyyyyyy to easy to just pick metaknight and use tornado the whole time. You should be happy its banned in your area.

metaknight+tornado > any diddy strategy on LM

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
that is the thing you dont have to take a metaknight there but if you pick it as the stage any smart player will switch to metaknight. I know I would. thus is why its a stupid stage.

But I guess I am trying to turn this into a "ban LM thread" so if you assume it is diddy verse some other lightweight than I guess ya diddy can do good on that stage. I am just saying....

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
metaknight+tornado > any diddy strategy on LM
Bananas and rocket barrel counter attackinig nado destroy on LM.

I've actually done the MK vs Diddy match up and at first, yeah, it was annoying with the tornado, but you just have to play the stage correctly and the Nado isn't a big problem.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Unless you have actively tried to make this a CP with Diddy then please forget your previous judgements on this stage based on rehashed points other characters make, like "OMG MK IS SOO GOOD! OMG LUCARIO IS SOO GOOD!".

Samuelson

Smash Lord
This stage is great for Diddy. If the stage gets knocked down then it's like FD but with even gay ledges. If the stage is up then Diddy can abuse the ceiling better then Lucario can. I would still be cautious about taking Lucario to this stage though. Lucario at 200% is not a pretty sight for the person not using Lucario.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
Unless you have actively tried to make this a CP with Diddy then please forget your previous judgements on this stage based on rehashed points other characters make, like "OMG MK IS SOO GOOD! OMG LUCARIO IS SOO GOOD!".
I just fail to see the argument that anything diddy can do on that stage puts him at that much of an advantage to other characters

Diddy can tech chase usmashes? Lotttsss of characters can do it just as well. Take a look at olimar for example, or how about zelda, or even mk (again). He can follow up uthrows? again its like :who cant on this stage;? What is it that makes Lm a particularly good choice? The only thing im seeing is rocket barrels

Im not trying to be cynical its just like, is there something im missing here or what?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Lets review:

Biggest problem for Diddy players is characters who approach from above, thus hindering Diddy's strongest attribute, his ground game (ala banana play). Luigi's Mansion forces approaches from or very close to the ground, at the ideal area that Diddy wants to attack. In addition to this, Luigi's Mansion is the ONLY stage where Diddy can readily make use of the strongest attack in his arsenal, the Up-B (as some would call Barrel countering). Yes, rocket barrels make a HUGE difference, if you don't understand how an attack with a base of 18-19% and a "sweet spot (ie the discharge + the ascent)" of 29-30% + high KO ability can make a difference in a match...well there isn't really much to say, it makes a huge difference.
Finally, after all the area's of the stage are destroyed, well, you are playing on FD, which is Diddy's best level.

So, three main attributes:
1: Diddy gets to fight opponents where he is strongest-on the ground
2: Diddy gets to actually use his strongest attack
3: Diddy gets to fight on FD-which is godsend because you will NEVER play on FD in a tournament

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I didn't really think up b explosion had that great of a killing power >.> just great damage.

DUB

Smash Lord
I didn't really think up b explosion had that great of a killing power >.> just great damage.
They are monstrous at killing.

My thought on LM. It's not a bad stage for Diddy. Then again I don't know why anyone would CP someone here when there are other stages that are better.

The pillars make naner locking to fair or spike more situational. in general the pillars give the opponents a 2nd shield against naner play.

Sure you can combo people off the floor and ceiling but a lot of the cast thats even semi-fast can do this to you at well.

When everything is torn down, this stage is awesome for Diddy. Otherwise, IMO, not so much.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The main thing for LM is to compare the KO percentage of the barrels versus the KO percentage using other attacks, also on LM (this includes the opponents attacks).

I'll work on it in a bit, from what I've observed is you can get a Barrel KO around 150-170% depending on DI/area of the stage the opponent is hit. Likewise you will be killiing with Fair/Fsmash/Dmash around 170-180%. The main this the barrels do is stop the opponent from being capable from running away from you above the stage-once again forcing them to deal with you and your bananas in a confined space.

saberhof

Smash Master
I say this is a great stage for diddy, great banana control, lots of probability's and survival, lots of combos and ways to handle around the stage, very great stage for leaving traps or leading into them, very small opportunity for anything but in this case diddy has loads of them...

great stage, CP for sure...at least thats my vote :)

P.S.: Up-B is more amazing than you think :)...

Top Bottom