• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Can Glide Throw

Percon

Smash Lord
Go Niko :p

Though remember the opponent can do this with Diddy's bananas as well. That is assuming most characters can so long as they have an item.

GOTM

Smash Champion
like...im not sure i really get the point of this...

but if someone can explain it to me i'd gladly listen :)

Gea

Smash Master
Any character holding a throwable item can. You're just cancelling the roll while the momentum is still applied. The only REAL advantage is this: You can do it backwards while throwing forwards, effectively wavedashing backwards (more or less) while tossing a projectile forwards.

Nothing epic, but it is good for spacing tricks. I wonder if doing it at the edge of a platform backwards would let you cancel the throwing animation, thus letting you immediately follow up. So like with Diddy you could reverse glide throw so the lag ledgecancels and then immediately popgun.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I can confirm that the heavier characters cant glide throw. It doesn't work with Link and Bowser...I haven't tried it with EVERY character but I know heavier characters aren't able...the heaviest character I have done it with is Wario, and it was very short, and even shorter backwards.

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't seem too game-breaking, but you never know. Diddy looks pretty good at it, though. Too bad his pal DK can't do it....

Top Bottom