• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy beats (better wording 4 thien) fox, and the fox boards seem to think otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHD

Smash Hero
lol its aight, i make same mistakes
uni exams> highschool essay
wow you're in high school? You need to get left back son! That grammar won't fix itself you know! I tend to think its 60-40 in diddy's favor... at least 55-45 in diddy's favor.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
lol wut im in uni,jerk.
on topic,if diddy is aware of wut a fox is "trying" to do, the fox will have a much harder time. Ye if they get a dair off ur dead, but if u space well its kinda hard for them to get a grounded dair hit on u.

Binx

Smash Master
Here's my input on why diddy ***** fox. Fox has no reasonably way to approach diddy, AT ALL. And he has to approach, if he just spams lasers he's going to trip. He can approach from the air, behind your shield, etc. Utilt outprioritizes fox, and you can get 5 utilts at most before following it up XD plus fox is a fast faller, he's so easy to dash attack combo you don't even have to try. Believe it or not fox also gets gimped, with peanuts and banana pluck edgeguarding you can gimp him. The peanuts go through the first phantasm animation where fox starts glowing and then he sinks lower and you can edgehog or w/e. You shouldn't get shined by a fox if you time your rocket barrels very carefully or never recover from below the stage. In the first place, diddy won't off the stage and its rare that he should be against fox. Fox's ground game is not as good as diddy's XD Fox may have a good air game, but diddy can easily compete. The real thing is that fox has no way to approach at all and is forced to go into very uneasy, risky positions.
Fox has no reasonable way to approach diddy
Fox doesn't have to approach diddy, his lasers are faster than bananas to get the percent lead and he has shine to reflect diddy's projectile

and he has to approach
nope

some nonsense about gimping fox
not very often especially if they know the spacing, if you are far enough back to hit them with a peanut they can fall lower and up b, if they are far enough out and you are close to the edge they can vary the forward b time or up B higher in the air, or forward b higher in the air, + all kinds of other things I'm sure.

even more nonsense about utilts
but utilt does not out prioritize fox's forward tilt or the lasers that make you approach

other garbage
nope

Anyways I really like diddy, and I think hes a far better character than Fox, but I think it's optimistic to say Diddy has any advantage in this match up, it's at best even and in theory not even that.

ADHD

Smash Hero
^^^ You can't spam lasers, fox will just trip. Fox's reflector is slow and so unreliable, it would almost make no difference if the banana got reflected. He has to approach because his lasers are crap, and if he stands spamming them, he'll just trip they're that laggy. Diddy is fast, it's not like he's ganondorf or something and can just be spammed at. Fox can only spam at most for 3 seconds when diddy is plucking out new nanerz, and the lasers wont hit him, unless he SH lasers. But so what, diddy will take like 3 damage when that happens. He has to approach because its what he has to do to win. You guys are the people that said fox's laser spam owns snake, lol.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Binx, peanut destroys phantasm. If you say that the peanut will rarely hit you have no idea what you're talking about. I get, on average, 1 gimp per game on Fox or Falco. NL even got 2 peanut gimps on Chillin in C3.

Idk what Chromepirate is talking about tripping while shooting lasers, but what about platformed stages? 1/4 and sometimes 5 stages don't have platforms which makes it even easier to avoid.

Yaya

Smash Champion
People hate on the Fox Boards because they think Fox ***** everything.

Your problem is that you think Fox GETS ***** by everything...

Yaya

Smash Champion
Really?

Ya' coulda fooled me, if they still played Fox like Melee...

Fox would be on the bottom half of the tier list.

They just think he's High Tier, not Top, not Middle.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Oh em jee le_thien u r such a crabby old man sometimes, if u evar haz kids ud be a perfekt dad dat ur kidz wood go uber emo in high skewl
LOLz! This coming from the little kid who starts a thread with something as blatantly ignorant as, "DIDDY ***** FOX," fills the body of his first post with, "Let's prove them wrong!" and proceeds to silently retract his previous assertions of this particular match-up being "****" by trying to sneak an amended "60:40" or "55:45" match-up ratio after general consensus shifts out of his margin, thinking nobody will notice.

And since we're name-calling, guess what, junior? - You're a rotten, illiterate child with terrible match-up knowledge. I'll take wisdom primed by extensive and legitimate tournament experience over having douchey teenage internet vernacular and arrogance tempered by misdirection bred by wi-fi over-confidence any day of the week.

EDIT:

Despite the fact that I may think the match-up is at least even, that still does not mean I think Fox is a good, all-around character. Diddy has plenty of bad match-ups, but he has enough resources to turn most of them around in his favor if banana play is properly deployed. Fox, by contrast, can only get away with subscribing to his static, predictable style against a handful of characters while he the rest of the cast easily dispatches him; Diddy just happens to be one of the characters that can't do too terribly much about that.

ADHD

Smash Hero
LOLz! This coming from the little kid who starts a thread with something as blatantly ignorant as, "DIDDY ***** FOX," fills the body of his first post with, "Let's prove them wrong!" and proceeds to silently retract his previous assertions of this particular match-up being "****" by trying to sneak an amended "60:40" or "55:45" match-up ratio after general consensus shifts out of his margin, thinking nobody will notice.

And since we're name-calling, guess what, junior? - You're a rotten, illiterate child with terrible match-up knowledge. I'll take wisdom primed by extensive and legitimate tournament experience over having douchey teenage internet vernacular and arrogance tempered by misdirection bred by wi-fi over-confidence any day of the week.

EDIT:

Despite the fact that I may think the match-up is at least even, that still does not mean I think Fox is a good, all-around character. Diddy has plenty of bad match-ups, but he has enough resources to turn most of them around in his favor if banana play is properly deployed. Fox, by contrast, can only get away with subscribing to his static, predictable style against a handful of characters while he the rest of the cast easily dispatches him; Diddy just happens to be one of the characters that can't do too terribly much about that.
Lien thien, I haz not seen so many words not in my vocabulary that were spewed at me insultingly at once. I have gone to tourneys offline just so you know ^_^ It's just I started out on wifi. I don't have over confidence, I don't even have confidence. I play every match offline expecting that the odds are against me. W/e lol, that post made me laugh, Texan smashers are the ones with arrogance and over-confidence I believe, not NJ players.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Really?

Ya' coulda fooled me, if they still played Fox like Melee...

Fox would be on the bottom half of the tier list.

I didn't say 'play'. I said 'think' and I was overexagerating for a comedic affect...

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
LOL. This thread is officially over for me, especially since the two people who most vocally supported the "Diddy ***** Fox" argument have abandoned it at the first sign of groupthink revolt.

LOL @ geographic arrogance stereotype

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lien thien, I haz not seen so many words not in my vocabulary that were spewed at me insultingly at once. I have gone to tourneys offline just so you know ^_^ It's just I started out on wifi. I don't have over confidence, I don't even have confidence. I play every match offline expecting that the odds are against me. W/e lol, that post made me laugh, Texan smashers are the ones with arrogance and over-confidence I believe, not NJ players.
Right, because I'm sure you are so heavily involved with the Texas smash scene you have the authority to say that. Grow up.

If you were even able to pay attention you might of noticed Le_Thien lives in Oklahoma not Texas and you just insulted an entire state for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom