• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy as Metaknight 'counter'?

Vall3y

Smash Lord
well atleast say diddy looks like it can have a decent match up versus mk atleast give us that

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
now i know why the marth boards worship EL, hes completely right, and everything he said is pretty much on point. esca has a good plan as well, and that will work against just about any other character that doesnt know the match.
just for the record...
good/decent match =/= counter.
sure he has a decent match against him, but so does snake, DK and Lucario. but they are still by no means counters.
i will now reiterate the truest thing that ive heard about smash in a really long time:
the only true counter for a MetaKnight is a better MetaKnight.

and the closest non MK MK-counter, is probably snake, and snake only really counters MKs that tornado ***** and do not know how to gimp correctly

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
MetaKnight counter???

ROFL

There's no such thing as one of those. The best you can do is MetaKnight ditto.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqiLUur0t6Q

Well, this Japanese tournament sure is saying Diddy > Metaknight... Though, I do agree with most people with the battle experience, its just simply many players have much battle experience with a certain character since they are a tad underused in tournaments (or possibly we couldn't find the better player who can use the ackward character)...

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Word on the street is, Diddy is the closest thing to a counter for Meta out there, but I'm having a problem seeing how that is. Watching him slip on a banana mid-tornado is fun, but what really puts Diddy over the top against Metaknight?
with diddy... i have never gimped a mk easier in my life... think about this for a second

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
NL beat me both matches, although they were very close, but he also 2-0d infernoomni, and 2 stock ***** him one game I heard (from omni), and took Azen to 5th game, but the match Azen went MK he lost by 1 stock low %. There's a high chance Diddy has the advantage in the match, but it could also be an issue of matchup experience. I think it's at least even, maybe Diddy's favor because of NL's **** performance.
Are you serious? NL has probably put more practice into the game and his character than all three of you. He won sets because he knows his **** and he's good, and apparently none of you knew how his character works.

Nobody has the advantage against Metaknight - wtf?

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
yeah but the thing is we all know that metaknights metagame is to gimp them and keep them in the air, but if metaknight somehow fails to do that he can be in trouble no matter how godly he is. Characters like diddy and snake have good ground game and may give metaknight some trouble. In other words, if metaknight fights in the air while they are in the ground metaknight will most likely lose the fight, seeing how the both have anti tornadoe methods in which the can capadalize (ex: snake's granades, diddy's glide toss) and fight metaknight pretty well.

what I'm trying to say is this

metaknight> when opponent is in the air.
metaknight<when both are on the ground.
metaknight>offstage
metaknight<opponent on the ground and metaknight in the air.

it doesn't matter how good metaknight is but people will see even through his insane priority and speed he still has a weakness (thats why they counter pick norfair and rainbow cruise lol). One last thing, players has improved on how to fight metaknight over the months and will keep improving but he still is godly.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
yeah but the thing is we all know that metaknights metagame is to gimp them and keep them in the air, but if metaknight somehow fails to do that he can be in trouble no matter how godly he is. Characters like diddy and snake have good ground game and may give metaknight some trouble. In other words, if metaknight fights in the air while they are in the ground metaknight will most likely lose the fight, seeing how the both have anti tornadoe methods in which the can capadalize (ex: snake's granades, diddy's glide toss) and fight metaknight pretty well.

what I'm trying to say is this

metaknight>offstage

it doesn't matter how good metaknight is but people will see even through his insane priority and speed he still has a weakness (thats why they counter pick norfair and rainbow cruise lol). One last thing, players has improved on how to fight metaknight over the months and will keep improving but he still is godly.
No, you're wrong. Keeping people in the air or whatever is not MetaKnight's metagame. MetaKnight has an excellent ground game. In fact, it's one of his best attributes. His grab range is great, and all of his grabs do good damage and can be followed up with attacks easily. Furthermore, his standing grab has not only good range, but it's very fast; he also has a godly dash grab. I think we all know about how great his downsmash is (great knock back, range, and speed; a flawless move). His tilts are insane. His down tilt, for example, is probably the best trap/brick wall move in the game. It has great speed and range. Plus, on top of that, it trips. Additionally, it combos well into the ftilt, or you can jump out of it into a fair. Dtilt put MetaKnight into a position where he can be safe and brick wall you on reaction.

MetaKnight's aerial game is good, but his ground is just as good. That's what make Metaknight so good -- he's extremely versitile and has virtualy no weaknesses. There is no place on the stage where MetaKnight is at a disadvantage. You can be off the stage, in the air, or on the ground. MetaKnight is equiped to fight anywhere anytime effectively.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
No, you're wrong. Keeping people in the air or whatever is not MetaKnight's metagame. MetaKnight has an excellent ground game. In fact, it's one of his best attributes. His grab range is great, and all of his grabs do good damage and can be followed up with attacks easily. Furthermore, his standing grab has not only good range, but it's very fast; he also has a godly dash grab. I think we all know about how great his downsmash is (great knock back, range, and speed; a flawless move). His tilts are insane. His down tilt, for example, is probably the best trap/brick wall move in the game. It has great speed and range. Plus, on top of that, it trips. Additionally, it combos well into the ftilt, or you can jump out of it into a fair. Dtilt put MetaKnight into a position where he can be safe and brick wall you on reaction.

MetaKnight's aerial game is good, but his ground is just as good. That's what make Metaknight so good -- he's extremely versitile and has virtualy no weaknesses. There is no place on the stage where MetaKnight is at a disadvantage. You can be off the stage, in the air, or on the ground. MetaKnight is equiped to fight anywhere anytime effectively.
lol i was talking more about against diddy and snake. You won't see a mk rushing snake or diddy like that trying to get a grab or a dash attack either one, mk fights them in the air and SHs. what i was saying is that snake and diddy has a solid ground game in which people can see it is superior than metaknights. Snake has tilts, mortal slide and whatever else i forgot to mention and diddy kong has bananas, dash attack and tilts as well and again everything else i forgot to mention because i'm just to lazy to keep typing and them get denied again later on.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Which is what brings forward the notion that Diddy has an even matchup with MetaKnight.

Diddy's ground game is stronger than MetaKnights. All your trapping and brickwalling will be for naught if Diddy has a banana in hand. Diddy's inherent flaws are universal in his matchups against many characters. His dependence on the naners.

metaknight>offstage
Replace 'opponent' with 'Diddy'.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Jesus hes not a counter. I just kno meta knight to the fullest bein i use all the characters. I just kno the matchup well and i hear this alot. 'META ***** MY DIDDY!' *NL beats M2K' . 'DIDDY COUNTERS META'. If thats the case no diddy should ever lose to meta ever again. Case closed.

Deez.

Smash Lord
This is true... NinjaLink did 2-0ed M2k at Esticlee. But this doesn't mean Diddy is a counter for MK. There's alot of rumors going around that Diddy is the counter for Mk. which arent true because NL is just really really **** good with Diddy. to be frank hes the best diddy out there. which is also funny cause he doesn't even main Diddy. M2k wasnt playing his best at Escticlee after he heard hiself ,Azen,Nl,and ChuDat were splitting the winnings. but what M2k also said was Nl is really really good. quite frankly i think Chudat got very lucky against NL but thats IMO. to be honest if i had to say whos the best out there right now would be a three way tie between M2k, Azen, and NL. remember thats IMO so please don't crucify me please.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
ninja link just because you beat m2k I'm not saying diddy is a metaknight counter, but he can stand toe to toe against metaknight and you wasn't the only person with diddy to do it. It takes a large variation of people to show if he is a metaknight counter.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
sorry to say but most meta knight players suck at do the same stuff with an exception to a certain few. Pitiful ppl lose to these players.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Truth.

99% of the people who play MK are bandwagon scrubs that pick him because he is easy to get good with and he is overall the best in the game.

Also NEO nailed it.

Not one of them probably had good Diddy practice so he beat the good MK's there because they hadn't fought a Diddy on NL's level yet.

Top Bottom