• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did you Know? Bair Edition

Mmac

Smash Lord
Did you Know that from a Bair Cancel, you can land a Usmash, Upwards Fsmash, Utilt, and Ftilt on everyone easily, while you can Pivot Grab, and Pivot DownB on almost everyone if you do it correctly?

... Thats pretty much it. I just wanted to tell you that.... But it can help our Killing Potential significantly

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Did you Know.
F-air can be somewhat unpunishable with it's relatively low ending lag (or it's low for me, since it's canceled everytime I use it....and I haven't taken time to get down AC for anything...since well... B-air ftw)
And can go into your Jab, ftilt and other stuff.

Also.

Chaco wears Pink panties *runs*

Airborne

Smash Lord
Did you Know.
F-air can be somewhat unpunishable with it's relatively low ending lag (or it's low for me, since it's canceled everytime I use it....and I haven't taken time to get down AC for anything...since well... B-air ftw)

Also.

lolz... poor chaco... i have noticed something about the fair though.... if you spike someone into the stage at the right spot in the air, you'll make it down to the ground at the same time as them (even high percentages), and you have the perfect time to land a dsmash or a fsmash, uncharged of course, right before they get the "sympathy" invincibility frames. =P

Chaco

Never Logs In
Did you Know.

Also.

One..Chrono WTF?

*uses rusty spoon to castrate him*

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I already know the b-air "combos " (I don't think it's a true combo since they can air-dodge the second part) and use them frequently. D-smash also works, too (mostly at low percentages, though).

It's harder to pull off on lighter characters, though. If they go flying off too far, I usually follow up with a u-air. It all happens so fast that it is difficult to react to it. ^_^

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
Did you know?

u can reverse downB in air so u can face whichever way u want after u land...one of those things i feel like could be useful but don't use heh

yoshihybrid

Smash Rookie
Did you know?

Yoshi's U-air has more horizontal range than many down airs, including both Lucario's and Game and Watches. It is also Yoshi's only airial without any sex-kick.

Yoshi's F-Air makes yoshi's head grow larger than any of his other moves.

Yoshi's B-Air has the second highest priority out of any move that does not have a disjointed hitbox (highest is the turtle.)

Yoshi's D-Air has the longest animation out of any single press, non infinate move.

Yoshi's Neutral Air can hit the enemy in more different directions than any other Yoshi move (uncluding D-smash).

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Did you know, that if you sweetspot your Nair on a Wolf's up-B recovery, you'll frequently stage spike him? It's not hard to time.

This is the new "Did you know..." thread

Top Bottom