• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did Luigi deserve Low Tier?

WIGI

Smash Champion
uhmm.. not really.. i sumtimes use it if like, by acident. it pops them into the air wicth is kewl... but real.. no tehres nto much use.

WIGI

Smash Champion
uhm against falco? if they are using it to recover, eitehr fireball or ftilt probably, never an ariel cuz youl get spiked.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Meh true, but you dont really need timing with the N Air, it lasts so long.

Im just go ahead and make this a 'my luigi sucks, share knowledge plz' thread.

Who is our hardest matchup?

Falco tends to **** me pretty hard atm.

Dn4

Smash Rookie
i like luigi ! it taking me a while to main!
but every person i play has won at least one campionship!
I say mid tear but not low ! best WD in game!

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
More then 50K posts XD, do you people have no shame?

I'd recommend Shiek as a secondary by the way. Though I secondary CF, purely because of how fun he is.

WIGI

Smash Champion
yeah luigi boards are dead here. nothing like luigi brawl boards, os much happens there. i wish more people stick with melee. i need all the melee help i can get with luigi.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
I always get judged commenting on preferring Melee because of my join date X( How the elitists look down upon me.

So ye, Luigi's spotdodge is too good. Spotdodge to D Smash or Shoryuken is ****, not to mention a WD Spotdodge's awesomeness, as you become a super fast sliding invincible ghost Luigi. You don't gain anything from it, except maybe escaping a few traps but it's really annoying for the other person.

chansen

Smash Lord
I just wded out of a misfire, too godly. Sure it was a computer but sliding at the speed of a super wd all the way across final was too good. And luigis worst matchups are yoshi and IC's. Indefinitley

WeedLuigi

Smash Apprentice
Its sad that they totally removed the WD from Brawl...GOD luigi would have kicked even more ***, since recovery was his only major problem...in my opinion...and they nerfed the AFA...WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY???!!!!!

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
man luigi is petty hard for ICs and luigi is lower because he is not used as much as mario or Dr. mario and if a character is not used much they fall down the tier list look at pichu and Ice Climbers they are a lot better then that come on Chu Dat is #2 because marth vs ICS is like a pro fox vs bowser

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Hmm I got here late, but...

- if you really want to use dtilt you can do wd dtilt > stuff at higher percents (100+). It's not practical, but it's funny if you land it. wd dtilt > grounded up b sweetspot actually combos on fox falco falcon at certain percents, I forget what. Obviously DI dependent, but still funny.

-ftilt is really good against illusion.

-Sheik is also a pretty bad matchup for Luigi. Play one that knows how to space/abuse Sheik's range and lagless attacks and you can feel pretty helpless. Sheik can actually combo Luigi, unlike most of the cast. Luigi can do stuff to Sheik once he gets inside her defenses, but his approaching options aren't great. It's probably not as bad as the Marth matchup, but still. Also, Sheik's fair is really, really, really good. >.>

-and Luigi definitely did not deserve low tier. He doesn't really have enough game against top to be high tier, but he does about as well as other mid tier characters do.

Top Bottom