• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Did I hog the spotlight?" (Bayonetta GIF and Video thread)

Mr_Kreep3r

Smash Apprentice
are you able to connect the second upb at those percentages even on small/medium characters?
yea I'm still testing but shiek dies to it around 43%... I imagine floaty characters might escape. The double Up B locks them in (It's just a crazy fast input) and the double ABK to Uair comes up as true. will test on puff and G&W.

Edit: got Dtilt to up to kill shiek at 40% and Up B out of shield into that setup to kill her at 53%

Around 72% ish Double up B gets weird but the up B to Jump cancel Fair 1 up B still gets the job done.

Last edited:

Nahvi

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nahvi96
3DS FC
4038-7220-7597
are you able to connect the second upb at those percentages even on small/medium characters?
I think if they DI down the UpB it would miss (at least tested with Fox). I support adding a DJ Fair between UpBs, the timing is strict but avoids the DI factor in the followups.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Hey there everyone! A good friend of mine has been playing the hell out of Bayonetta since release, and just recently uploaded this guide of his findings, so I figured this would be the most appropriate place to share it.

Otterz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Otterz
a random FG video against Sheik I did, not one but 2 combo to death at 0:52 and 1:28
WT>DJ>WT2 is still super hard for me. What are your controls?

I might just need to study exactly when I can act out of WT1.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
WT>DJ>WT2 is still super hard for me. What are your controls?

I might just need to study exactly when I can act out of WT1.
I am using the normal control scheme but with "special" on C-stick/Left Stick and "Jump" on R trigger

the WT to WT is something I have learn by muscel memory xD but even I fail with it!

Otterz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Otterz
I am using the normal control scheme but with "special" on C-stick/Left Stick and "Jump" on R trigger

the WT to WT is something I have learn by muscel memory xD but even I fail with it!
I've been using R for Jump as well so I guess I just need to grind this in training mode. Its a really good option that will expand my kit.

Peppa

Time's up, pipsqueak. I'm gone!
NNID
ThePeppa
I agree, WT->DJ->WT has proven to be pretty dang hard for me to pull off, I can't seem to do it fast enough and if I do it its not until her wings come off. Hopefully someone will make a demonstration of the timing because I feel super behind x:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Some Bayonetta dittos and Bayonetta vs. Corrin videos are up on tamisuma.jp which is a YouTube channel if anyone's worried about the ".jp". Used to be called terminalkai. So, if you're interested in how the Japanese are working on Bayonetta, check the channel out.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
I'm not a competitive Smasher by any means, and stringing together combos is something I still need to learn to do. However I still like to consider my self a decent smash player at best. I recently did a fight with Bayo I was really proud of, and uploaded. Thought maybe you guys might enjoy it.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
I have a gif I made of Bayonetta spiking Ike out of his Up B.
1. Ike's sword reaches past the ledge. So it has a hitbox.
2. Bayonetta witcher times the sword and for some reason Ike slows down aswell although he is not close to her.
3. He comes up slow which allows you either hit the d smash spike (timing is a bit tight) or a bair.

Hope this helps when you are facing a pesky Ike :)

Attachments

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I have a gif I made of Bayonetta spiking Ike out of his Up B.
1. Ike's sword reaches past the ledge. So it has a hitbox.
2. Bayonetta witcher times the sword and for some reason Ike slows down aswell although he is not close to her.
3. He comes up slow which allows you either hit the d smash spike (timing is a bit tight) or a bair.

Hope this helps when you are facing a pesky Ike :)
looks really awesome

and about the sword, every move thats not an projectile (Ikes sword, Bayonettas Bullet Art, Dededes Hammer etc) will always trigger witch time no matter the distance.
moves that are projectile (like samus missiles, ness PK Thunder, Villager gyro) need to be in close at her aura

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Hey guys. I found another cool thing with witcher time. This time focusing to Ness and Lucas (my mains)

Ness and Lucas' pk thunders have a hitbox on them the whole time. If you witcher time right when they input b you can witcher time them. Oddly it will slow down Ness and Lucas but not the pk thunder balls speed. So you control like normal but they fall slower. Also if you collide PK thunder into their selves they will go very slow.
While they are slowed down you could go for a dair if you want to be risky or a bair, fair, etc. to send them away.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
For fun doubles, with a friend.

I will never fail that much AND do such a stylish recover again, while killing people during the first 15 seconds.

Note: they were really bad.

Megamang

Smash Lord
Uhh, guys... the videos are cool, but I can tell from some clips you are getting on FG and just going for divekick death combos over and over again. While there exists counterplay to this (its punishable, and DIable once it hits) I don't think for glory guys know this. But if enough people complain the combos might get toned down majorly. Kinda like Link's old jab stuff, if you wanna keep it try and keep it a little low key. Maybe gimp them to death once too is all im sayin =B

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Uhh, guys... the videos are cool, but I can tell from some clips you are getting on FG and just going for divekick death combos over and over again. While there exists counterplay to this (its punishable, and DIable once it hits) I don't think for glory guys know this. But if enough people complain the combos might get toned down majorly. Kinda like Link's old jab stuff, if you wanna keep it try and keep it a little low key. Maybe gimp them to death once too is all im sayin =B
You're being paranoid. Stuff like links old jab wasnt intentional.

Bayo's whole character is built around combos. Nerfing them would destroy the very foundation the character was built upon.

Megamang

Smash Lord
I think the combos are fine, most people I talk to have a problem with the power of Witch Time, which could be nerfed in any variety of ways which would leave the combo foundation of our game intact while making the CQC much more of a problem.

I mean, they said in the trailer that her problem is bad startup on moves yet our combo started is usable OOS and is freakin frame 4, they could make that frame 8 and the character would retain its identity while being functionally worse.

Play FG if you want, I really don't care that much about it and yea, maybe im being paranoid. My megaman + bayo combo got me shadowbanned on FG from salty players anyways so right now im playing locally and some ladder.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
the only thing I can see to nerf is the power of witch time from 4 seconds on full charge + high % to 3 seconds. anything more is defeating it purpose

speaking of the witch:
smash corner did a tip and tricks and combo video with her

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
We need more high level bayonetta match videos in this thread.

I'll try to search and compile some if I can.

Last edited:

Lunais

Smash Cadet
I think its about time people start analyzing top Bayonetta players in tournaments. For Glory is low tier. Some notable players WINNING tournaments consistently and showing great improvement every week are a handful from what I have seen. For now, coming with the easy 6-1 victory
I will link Salem vs Vex GF:

Last edited:

Rojo Espada

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rojo_Espada
3DS FC
4313-0371-7210
Hey there, guys. I've never posted in this thread of Bayo's page in general but I'd like to share something I found today. I got stage spiked by Shiek's down throw at the very right of Omega Umbra. I don't know if this is known already but it wouldn't hurt to put it up.

If it doesn't take you to the spike then start the vid at 1:30.

Edit: Ok maybe its not so significant. I was able to replicate it again but it only really works if you DI toward Shiek. Same stuff happens on other stages with a similar ledge like Battlefield and Miiverse. So its eh

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Bayonetta and Greninja team combo...

Can kill as early as 50%ish percent depending on character weight, stage, and how fresh Shadow Sneak and Bayonetta's Upsmash is. When the moves don't cancel each other out, the opponent will get hit by either move. Even if you don't get the kill, it's great for racking up damage c:

You can also get a free sweet spot Upsmash with Greninja out of her Forward Throw at really early percent. At around 30-50, Greninja can follow up with an up air spike.

Last edited:
Top Bottom