• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Did I hog the spotlight?" (Bayonetta GIF and Video thread)

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Check out this new 0-death combo that I found, I was the mega man and this guy really rocked me with this one!

Thought it was worth sharing

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Uair comes out frame 1. Anytime bayonetta has an open frame, this is possible. Also, DHD and possibly Pika can do it.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Voodoo magic :) I'm not sure how fast Uair comes out but it does pull enemies out of attacks even if the move hits.

Thought it was a funny April fools post :shades:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Damn, the anti Bayonetta techs is happening fast! That is crazy!, might reconsider go for a death combo on Mega now.

D

Deleted member

The reason why you could Up B after :4bayonetta2:'s second Witch Twist is because she activated Bullet Arts, which has more lag than normal Witch Twist. She could have killed you if she hadn't let the :GCB: pressed.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Hi guys, a few days ago I saw 9B and another Bayo doing a combo on smashville that ended with a complete Fair string into death and also involved a Uair with a drop I believe. Can somebody link me the video?

Bube_Marth

Smash Cadet
Bayonetta Voice Mod that removes the awful yelling. Love it so much. The origin voice is so awesome too.

Last edited:

TheColorfulOrca

Smash Apprentice
Here are a few of 9B's matches I found on Youtube. They could be good to study off of, although I'm pretty sure all but BAM 8 were before Patch 1.1.6... :(

9B vs. Komorikiri (Sumabato 8)
9B vs. Edge (Sumabato 8)

9B vs. Nasubi (Sumabato 9)
9B vs. Ranai (Shots Fired 2)
9B vs. Ally (Shots Fired 2)
9B vs. Dabuz (Shots Fired 2)
9B vs. hacyappy (Umebura 22)
9B vs. RAIN (Umebura 22)
9B vs. Kamemushi (KSB 2016)
9B vs. Ranai (KSB 2016)
9B vs. Abadango (BAM 8) - So hype!
9B vs. Mr. R (BAM 8)

EDIT: 9B doesn't play Bayo anymore... switched to Mewtwo... I crie.

Last edited:

Patriarachnid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Patriarachnid
3DS FC
1134-8770-6048
what did i do to deserve this

(Context: I did not sleep at all last night, and for some reason I decided to go on For Glory, where this Wii Fit Trainer proceeded to rightfully body me for my poor lifestyle choices. Then Bayonetta stuff happened. I'm pretty salty about it tbh.

if you're out there, johan, i'm sorry.)

Lakuto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lakutos
Did someone master this technique?

I can't seem to do it consistently. Any tips? Found on Ikep's twitter.

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
It's finallly finished. Dont expect anything crazy, though.

Last edited:

Fenny

Smash Ace

This looks promising.

It ain't a new discovery but it hasn't been applied by anyone yet because of the tightness of the timing behind it.

EDIT: Promise confirmed!

I just tested this out with Uair - it works.

Tested it out with shield instead of grab too - it works.

If this gets perfected, Bayo just got herself a pretty nifty approach and mixup tool. Her Nair slide grab in particular is on Falcon's dash grab level rofl

EDIT 2: Scratch that, it beats it lmao

Last edited:

Lakuto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lakutos
Up B > Nair > Fair is true if they DI in:

BA Uair is an underrated combo starter:

We talked more about BA Uair in the combo thread.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
^Cant you just sideB back? Or does it not reach?
I'm generally too far offstage to be able to side b back (yea it won't reach), but I think it's probably me just doing something wrong (which is likely the case since this is my day 1 Bayo). And testing on omega town and city atm.

Also the fair after the double jump nair sometimes won't hit (like they're too far above me)

Last edited:

Lakuto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lakutos
You can make it back from the first vid with but its harder to make it back if some hits of Fair doesn't connect.
But, tbh, it's harder to make it back from the second vid cause you only have one Up B left.
But yeah, maybe one shouldn't go for those combos with day 1 Bayo , these are very situational.

Aaliyah Rosado

Smash Rookie
@AeroLink_the_SoulMaster said someone should make a video thread for all the gifs and videos and whatnot being posted and speculated upon. So, that's what I am here to do (if I shouldn't do this because I already "own" the social thread, please feel free to let me know).

Anyway, come here to post gifs or any other form of animated SSB4 Bayonetta media to speculate upon, or to just bask in her glory. Both are acceptable~

Sample matches:

Bayonetta is totally AWESOME

Top Bottom