• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Did I hog the spotlight?" (Bayonetta GIF and Video thread)

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
@AeroLink_the_SoulMaster said someone should make a video thread for all the gifs and videos and whatnot being posted and speculated upon. So, that's what I am here to do (if I shouldn't do this because I already "own" the social thread, please feel free to let me know).

Anyway, come here to post gifs or any other form of animated SSB4 Bayonetta media to speculate upon, or to just bask in her glory. Both are acceptable~

Sample matches:

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Ahh nice

I think we should immediately start by linking all of her recent gameplay footage
:4bayonetta:vs :4corrin:

:4bayonetta:vs:4corrinf:(JP)

:4bayonetta:vs:4corrin:vs:4marth:vs:4pit:(FFA)

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Might make a short montage with her over the weekend if I can scrounge up some clips in time.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Watching those videos, Bayonetta reminds me a little bit of how Momohime from Muramasa: The Demon Blade plays, especially her air game. I have a feeling this will be the second main I've been searching for.

Just a few more days...

Ultra*HappyCharge

Smash Apprentice
I love that she will say Gommorah's summoning chant "AVAVAGO" in her final smash. The little details <3

bayonettavote

Smash Rookie
Messing around bayo has so many side kill top screen options.
>test combo

.....you are very humble. Could you please call this "ULTIMATE BAYONETTA DESTRUCTIVE COMBO!" ?

This was the sickest combo I have seen so far.

How did you immediately UP B after the UP B? Did you do a very fast jump in the middle of that?

Last edited:

Mr_Kreep3r

Smash Apprentice
>test combo

.....you are very humble. Could you please call this "ULTIMATE BAYONETTA DESTRUCTIVE COMBO!" ?

This was the sickest combo I have seen so far.

How did you immediately UP B after the UP B? Did you do a very fast jump in the middle of that?
you have to jump as soon as the up b ends then up b immediately fast input. (I set L trigger to jump for this and C stick to B moves)

Mr_Kreep3r

Smash Apprentice
part 2 of my testing (wish I had a capture card would be easier)

could you break this combo down? I want to lab the percentages
Dive kick > dive kick > 1 hit fair (can do a 2nd hit to get closer to blast zone) > up b > Jump cancel up B > Fair 1 2 3

Last edited:

Linksmasher

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, i want to share some clips
Im not good speaking english but i want some advice and help from you

https://youtu.be/yRatfszA91M

https://youtu.be/RN7X3C-lOLQ

Also, maybe i cant speak english but i understand it very well, so feel free to say any critiquisim
And.. Yeah, im playing againts the cpu because FG is very laggy and other friends play on wii u

Last edited:

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Just thought I'd post this here, these are just a few of the day one combos that I've come up with that are practical. Use it as a sort of visual compendium to help you figure out what to do in specific scenarios.

This character is ridiculously good, you can kill so early, especially with access to platforms. Definitely going to be at the very absolute worst top 10 imo. Very safe aerial approaches in up air and bair, can initialize high damage combos off of a huge variety of moves including grabs, can kill earlier than almost anyone else, and very consistent damage across simple confirms (average of like 30, ranging from 20 to 50).

King9999

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmking9999
3DS FC
2105-8754-7747
Switch FC
2722-8799-3295
Here's a vid from a SRK.com member named Doopliss.

Robi-Wan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Freed0m8
Z
Just thought I'd post this here, these are just a few of the day one combos that I've come up with that are practical. Use it as a sort of visual compendium to help you figure out what to do in specific scenarios.

This character is ridiculously good, you can kill so early, especially with access to platforms. Definitely going to be at the very absolute worst top 10 imo. Very safe aerial approaches in up air and bair, can initialize high damage combos off of a huge variety of moves including grabs, can kill earlier than almost anyone else, and very consistent damage across simple confirms (average of like 30, ranging from 20 to 50).
Gawain that is an incredible video and an incredible contribution to the Baeo community.

I have a silly question. For your Witch Time combos did you have someone else control Mario so you could time the down B? I often train by myself and because of Sm4sh's lacking training mode (no BlazBlue training mode I tell you what) I can't manage what you did.

Thank you for a great video. = )

LoreLes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoreLes
Some more lab work. This one I need others to test for me, since it doesn't register completely in training. Level 9 cpu doesn't break out, no actual player testing yet.

Last edited:

Fandangox

Smash Lord
something that I did today, appearently you can use Witch Time on the opponent Bullet Art
Interesting, what's the properties of the Bullet Art, Cuase I have used Witch Time on some projectiles, Like Corrin's, but do not slow down the user. Still haven't tested it on many projectiles though.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Interesting, what's the properties of the Bullet Art, Cuase I have used Witch Time on some projectiles, Like Corrin's, but do not slow down the user. Still haven't tested it on many projectiles though.
I think it's mainly because the game doesn't consider BA to be projectiles. BC is a projectile though so those can be reflected and such.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I think it's mainly because the game doesn't consider BA to be projectiles. BC is a projectile though so those can be reflected and such.
my guess is that her "bullet art" are stretched hitboxes to amount of units. since it is a "hitbox from her body", it will activate witch time no matter where she is

[Corn]

Smash Ace
Ill throw in what I have got so far

Some simple true combos:

My best witch time punish:

Showcasing the canceled F-air thing

Adding to the above, tried pulling it off during a match for lolz:

[Corn]

Smash Ace
Just found a 0%-Death combo in training. It might not be entirely practical, but its really cool looking and does a ton.

Actus

Smash Rookie

Here's a video that just got put up from a channel I frequent, looking forward to part 2 of the video.

Top Bottom