• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diablo III: Not even death can save you from me

finalark

SNORLAX
The new loot system is ****ing awesome. I actually have gear now and I didn't have to browse the AH to get it. My friends and I are all pretty pumped for Reaper of Souls. Sadly, it comes out one week after FFX HD, so I'm going to be broke for a while.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i randomly opened a d3 stream for the first time ever and lo and behold, i see dphat farming act 3 with the streamer

small world

Divinokage

Smash Legend
The mystic is what redeemed the problems I had with D3. At least now I'd get another chance to get the stat I want for the item. =)

I might be streaming tonight some hardcore gameplay.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I've been streaming it :p. A lot better so far though I rolled a crusader so starting over.

finalark

SNORLAX
Just got ROS. I'm going to have to wait until around 7 to play it but once I'm done with classes and buddy and I are planning on leveling Crusaders together.

For anyone who's played, is Crusader anything like Paladin from D2?

Player-3

Smash Hero
i do want to play hardcore but im playing softcore to test out crusader builds cuz im really liking the class

homing justice > heavens fury final rune where its a self cast 950% lazer for 40 wrath is the best ****, then i just run 4 skills to generate wrath its pretty fun

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I still play primarily softcore and I'm really enjoying RoS. Adventure mode in general is a lot of fun, and I just picked up a Thunderfury/Fulminator combo on my monk.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Oh I did find a Fulminator + Doombringer on my first Barb but I died on Belial. Now I found another Doombringer lol and using also Sunkeeper. Pretty nice vs elites.. I might stack it with SoJ to really destroy them. lol.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
It's extremely strong, procs a lot with a huge range for bouncing. Only other proc Ive seen so far that might be better is Shard of Hate on my friends Barb, it's absolutely nuts with Whirlwind.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'm trying really hard to find good weapons, so far no luck though... Doing T1 runs isn't giving many legendaries.

Ya.. they look really strong omg.. NEED!

Last edited:

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Well, probably not as valid if you're playing HC, but in SC me and a few friends just do chest runs in Core of Areat and Tower of the Damned level 1 on T6. You don't need to be in the zone when chests are popped to get the loot, so 1 person runs core, 1 person runs ToD and at the end both port to the other zone and check for a star on the map. The legendary rate is pretty silly at one about every 10-15 minutes. Although I've yet to get any upgrade from it, the people I run with have gotten quite a few.

What I really want are these stupid Act 2 bounty shrine gloves. It's gotta be the worst act for bounties and running them is a complete pain, I hope I drop them soon so I can stop with act 2 bounties forever.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well, probably not as valid if you're playing HC, but in SC me and a few friends just do chest runs in Core of Areat and Tower of the Damned level 1 on T6. You don't need to be in the zone when chests are popped to get the loot, so 1 person runs core, 1 person runs ToD and at the end both port to the other zone and check for a star on the map. The legendary rate is pretty silly at one about every 10-15 minutes. Although I've yet to get any upgrade from it, the people I run with have gotten quite a few.

What I really want are these stupid Act 2 bounty shrine gloves. It's gotta be the worst act for bounties and running them is a complete pain, I hope I drop them soon so I can stop with act 2 bounties forever.
You can also get them doing Act 4 bounties if that's any better? Personally I don't like Act 4 because the mobs are dangerous.

I also ran into the rift with 12 goblins but i only managed to kill 4 of them... tough **** as Barb =/ I also found yesterday Nemesis Bracers that gives a pack every time I activate a shrine which is amazing! And I also got shoulders that makes all my gear indestructible lol.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Act 4 is a bit better since it's one of the fastest you can run, but the real problem is how unlikely it is for you to get the gloves from act 4. Going from 1/5 of the bounty legendary being the gloves to 1/20 is pretty rough. Although typically if we have multiple people in a game we do act 1 2 and 4 bounties simultaneously.

Nemesis Bracers are amazing, always keep them to swap into at shrines and conduits. Also keep some homing pads for the same reason.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I tried out a throwing barb build with Ancient Spear - Boulder Toss.. War Cry - Charge!, Avalanche - Tectonic rift, Throwing Weapon - Balanced Weapon, Stomp with 30 rage and Battle Rage - That does 20% dmg explosion on crit. Passive: Earthen Might, Animosity, Unforgiving and Bloodthirst/No escape.

It's sick... Lol Ancient spear crit for 40 million.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I've been having a lot of fun with RoS, and I stopped playing Diablo 3 a long time ago. Went from joking about the game to sinking probably 30+ hours into RoS since it came out, welp.

Here's my Demon Hunter. Not quite Torment-ready, but I'm getting close now that I'm doing a better job stacking Crit Chance + Crit Damage + IAS + Resist All. Blasting through 'Hard' without any trouble, so yeah.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
I think you are more than ready for Torment 1. DH have a lot of good defensive skills plus dodge from dex, so I feel like they can get by in Torment with a little less toughness than other classes. Plus your dps is high enough that I don't believe you will have trouble killing mobs in T1.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Yeah, I'll probably try it next game. I tried farming Keywardens in Torment 1 the other day and it didn't go so hot, but I've improved a lot of my equipment since then.

I should probably focus on Toughness right now actually, I've been bouncing back and forth between damage output and survivability for awhile now.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Yeah keywardens are annoying because a lot of the skills they cast can't be dodged. Luckily I play WD so I get a lot of all res because of my primary stat being int, but right when ROS came out I put diamonds in all my armor slots to buff up my toughness until I farmed better gear. Make as much use of the Mystic as possible too. She is an amazing part of ROS and a great way to improve your gear.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Yeah, till your rerolls start costing you over 3 million per and you still can't get the affix you want.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
So how does this torment thing work ? Is this replacing the old normal/nightmare/hell difficulty setting ? I haven't played the game in a year so I'm kinda lost.

Also I dropped more gear in those last 2 days than ever, yay !

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Sort of, you only need to play through the game once and then you unlock adventure mode. The difficulty scaling is just to tune to how you can play. You get increased goldfind and exp per difficulty, with Torment getting an extra 15% legendary drop rate per torment level; as well as some legendaries that only drop in torment at 70.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
It's more of a too hard to replace item, it's a Triumverate with 721 int, solid damage roll and 10 crit. Since Im running a cooldown based wiz, had to reroll it a ton to finally get a ****ty cooldown roll on it 5% of the 8 it can roll.

As it is now, I'm in archon a little more than 50% of the time, which is pretty strong.

Top Bottom