• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
My only criticism was the sudden turn to personal attacks as a defence, along with the indefinite reads. It definitely felt off to me and led to my scum read.

Otherwise, props to him for joining such a packed and intense game later than even I did. He did his best.
Yeah, my bad. I just saw your cases as skewed and dismissed them as such where I really should've gone and addressed you eye to eye; the character attacks were uncalled for.
I was also trying to fit in the middle of the pack so JOAT didn't get lynched, so I wasn't trying to look like the cleanest slot. But I did actually get a little heated last night, so apologies Lore Lore

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
fwiw im not tryna play w/nabe either. same stance as lore. to hell with self policing; i want standards and basic abidance of the spirit of the game

havent played that crash game but saw some gameplay and it looks tight

in reality im just hyped for pso2 next year and hope we can get a group goin lol
I'm down to let him back in so long as we know it wont be like last time. That was awful.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Yeah, my bad. I just saw your cases as skewed and dismissed them as such where I really should've gone and addressed you eye to eye; the character attacks were uncalled for.
I was also trying to fit in the middle of the pack so JOAT didn't get lynched, so I wasn't trying to look like the cleanest slot. But I did actually get a little heated last night, so apologies Lore Lore
btw

youd hav been better off claiming the innocent on tom so town could hav 2 clears then going for getting a shot off with your vigi. i know you were trying to stay hidden but due to poyzins claim the scumteam should have had the joat narrowed down to a handful of players if not exactly you at that point

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
No worries, it's how the game goes. We get heated and all, but it's DGames when all is said and done.

The spoiler bit also explains the end of D2 behavior that was, to me, weird as hell.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
btw

youd hav been better off claiming the innocent on tom so town could hav 2 clears then going for getting a shot off with your vigi. i know you were trying to stay hidden but due to poyzins claim the scumteam should have had the joat narrowed down to a handful of players if not exactly you at that point
That's fair. I would've claimed if it were a more active slot, but I figured that I'd take my chances since the odds of Tom utilizing his cleared status would've been slim to none (and I didn't realize that scum would have it so narrowed down).

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I'm down to let him back in so long as we know it wont be like last time. That was awful.
yeah reasonable

i mean if most ppl want nabe in i wont fight tooth and nail for him to be excluded. itd just b nice if he promised to, uh, not do that cuz i feel like he put his own interest in staying in the game over the desire of reasonable participation from literally everybody else. im just trying to avoid what happened here

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, it took me forever to realize that Gorf isn't Gheb. I remember when Gheb joined, and since I've been outta the mafia game for so long, I definitely mistook Gorf for Gheb.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Is this when I post How I Beat You All?
Yeah if you were actually scum, wp. On my end the only cracks were near the end of D2 towards you, but I still had you as town at that moment despite that. You were way off my suspicion.

It would explain why you took time from dunking on my Spak content to give actual criticism and advice, right before diving back into trying to lynch me.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Ah yes the story of Sodom and Gheborah, where Gheborah looked back onto DGames and turned into a Pillar of salt.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
That's fair. I would've claimed if it were a more active slot, but I figured that I'd take my chances since the odds of Tom utilizing his cleared status would've been slim to none (and I didn't realize that scum would have it so narrowed down).
your language and certainty with regard to tom and generally how resistant you were to lynching him probably gave you away. at least it would have tipped off a lot of scumteams to 'oh **** he has knowledge'

im not giving you a hard time. just food for thought so you can stay better hidden as a power role in the future

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
part of the reason i made that big post at the start of the game was to try and throw scum off the trail of me being pr. idk if it worked tho

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Okay, so things I desperately wanted to cover without the lens of in-game WIFOM.

Lore Lore

Pretty much exactly what I said in the thread.

If you want to lynch someone, you must be concise. The more you say, the more you post about it, the less likely you are to get your lynch. People don't have the attention span and if you are posting a whole bunch and not making progress, people will just chalk it up to you tunneling. They'll think you don't have anything because no one is engaging with it because NO ONE wants to engage with that wall of accusations.

The way you lynch someone is picking a number of things, three or less, that fill the following criteria:

1.) They are damning. These things need to be your strongest points. The things they've done that you want no one to forget they did. Stuff that you don't want to be outweighed by more recent content. The big stuff.

2.) They need to be hard to explain away. Never ever ever ever ever pick something that someone can reasonably deny the motivation your assigning to them. If you say they did X for Y reason and you know before you post it that they're gonna say they did it for Z reason instead and you don't really have a strong way to deny that they're speaking the truth, you delete it. The point wasn't that strong.

You can have any number of things that contribute to your personal scum read, but if you want to lynch someone, you edit your discourse to stick to the most powerful points. Easy points to defeat do not get mentioned in a case.

Then, when you're making a case, you're making it to the voters, not to the person you're trying to lynch.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
your language and certainty with regard to tom and generally how resistant you were to lynching him probably gave you away. at least it would have tipped off a lot of scumteams to 'oh **** he has knowledge'

im not giving you a hard time. just food for thought so you can stay better hidden as a power role in the future
Same. After the UP claim, I was down to about 3 names that could've been PRs and you were at the top.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter

Yeah, I realized that after I started defending Tom. My message to the mods was:

Hopefully I look scummy enough by a majority of the game that I didn't out myself as JOAT by defending Tom so hard... My objective right now is to look scummy enough to not get NK'd, but not scummy enough to get lynched lol. Inactives definitely won't help town this game, though, so:

Shoot: Nabe

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin

I like your moxie, kid. Take it from a veteran though, if you want to make yourself the center of the world, you do it with your day phase play, not with crazy gambits. You go through and you move and you shake and you force people to interact with various different points they aren't trending toward. Keep tabs on who has talked about what in addition to your first blush impressions on what they're ignoring.

When you YOLO a gambit like this, had I wanted you lynched for it, I am pretty sure I could've done it. You're lucky this group has been plagued by absolute morons like me who've done **** like this in the past.

I think you can get really solid in this game, but don't try and take shortcuts like this.

As was said earlier, you basically outed Spak to a scum team that was paying attention because of the reactions you forced and if I had been lynched because scum made a move on me, then you would get IMMEDIATELY lynched afterward and you lose the game instantly.

However, I think you know all that already.

NOTE: You do this **** in another game with me, you're dying for it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
ranmaru ranmaru

I'm not gonna lecture you on activity levels because you and I are the exact same in that respect. I struggle a lot with not flooding the thread in these super long deadline games. I just make sure I go and do other things despite wanting to continue playing mafia.

What I WILL talk to you about is Occam's Razor. I don't think there was anything I was going to be able to do to convince you I was town because I could never convince you that I couldn't possibly be scum. In general, you will NEVER get things as clean as you want them to be and Occam's is your friend. You just assume that things are as they appear most of the time. If you have a tinfoil hat theory, you don't move on it. I saw you reaching for scary backdoor deals as explanations for things in the thread (And Lore Lore with that commitment to scum collusion). However, if players like me are continuing to come out and work with you on everything, I'll hang myself. If slots like JeXs hammer a scumbag, you can't assume it was a bus. Like, in general, the insistence that scum must have been trying to remove Doop was so sketchy. If people are willing to body scumbags, you leave them there and bury them with numbers in the end game.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You have to be able to recognize that they can STILL be scum despite doing protown things, but you can't let that stop you from crediting them.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
btw. ppl i tried to hit up for this game:

overswarm - actually agreed! he said he would likely lurk due to how busy he is nowadays. i ended up forgetting about it when the game started

laundry - too busy irl to play

j - hit him up on facebook, didnt hear back, left it alone

fandangox - agreed to sub

zen - ranmaru texted him on my behalf but he said he was too busy

kantrip - pm'd him, didnt hear back. prolly hasnt visited the site

dark horse - said he needed to see how thing went down close to start date, forgot about this

mayb some others but those are who come to mind rn. id hit up like kataefi, swiss, gheb, omni but the first 3 are so mia and omni i bet is busy with his youtube channel

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
ryker you have a way of concisely and articulately dropping mad mafia knowledge

another one of my fav posts was your quick 101 lesson on why wagons are useful

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
ranmaru ranmaru

I'm not gonna lecture you on activity levels because you and I are the exact same in that respect. I struggle a lot with not flooding the thread in these super long deadline games. I just make sure I go and do other things despite wanting to continue playing mafia.

What I WILL talk to you about is Occam's Razor. I don't think there was anything I was going to be able to do to convince you I was town because I could never convince you that I couldn't possibly be scum. In general, you will NEVER get things as clean as you want them to be and Occam's is your friend. You just assume that things are as they appear most of the time. If you have a tinfoil hat theory, you don't move on it. I saw you reaching for scary backdoor deals as explanations for things in the thread (And Lore Lore with that commitment to scum collusion). However, if players like me are continuing to come out and work with you on everything, I'll hang myself. If slots like JeXs hammer a scumbag, you can't assume it was a bus. Like, in general, the insistence that scum must have been trying to remove Doop was so sketchy. If people are willing to body scumbags, you leave them there and bury them with numbers in the end game.
Yeah the web of connections was a bit stretched, unfortunately. I shouldn't have gone all in on that; I should have instead just pressured Utopian without the theory overshadowing the rest.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
ryker you have a way of concisely and articulately dropping mad mafia knowledge

another one of my fav posts was your quick 101 lesson on why wagons are useful
It's a lot of practice from dropping concise and articulate cases. No lie.

I learned to teach by figuring out what people understood when casing people.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
lmaaaaoooo omniiiii

if we can get like 12 or 13 ppl, 9 town vs 3 scum or whatever for a redo, thatd b pretty tight

Top Bottom