• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am 99% confident it is a joke to always lynch Rockin off the bat.
I thought that was the case originally, but some players are chronically useless and Rockin's first post strikes me like that so I can see it being meta-pressure of "step up or die"

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Jex. But this is based on individual scum tells, not connections. I haven't looked into buddies yet.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Easiest way to become successful in any business is have a three step plan.

For instance mine was

1. Lynch Rockin
2. Become Immune Doublevoter
3. Put the team on my back doe.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Gorf: I have more from Tom to read by then I have on Kevin. All I have on Kevin is "Oh ran's scum cool, ran is conf scum, ran who are your buddies." I think Tom was potshotting me with flimsy statements and it shows he is not considering both sides and 'just a lot' doesn't deserve a lynch. I also get a strong scum lean from his post asking me about my stance on you. I'll go quote it.
I guess I just don't get how the statements are flimsy amigo. When I have a flimsy spliff'o walrus I get super frustrated. I'm not getting the same sort of vibe from Tom's post. Maybe it's because I agree with them, but I felt like the development of him going on your wagon was kind of organic. I dunno man. And again, it's a pretty strong stance to say he's just pushing your lynch and not tryna develop a read when the deadline's, like, 3 weeks from now or somethin'.

I still don't see how Jex asking you about your read on me strikes such a rotten chord with you. Seems pretty innocuous to me man.

ick

this is how you encourage lurking/stagnation. get this mentality tf out of the game
Uhh no it isn't? Ran isn't pushing Jex for inactivity, he's pushing Jex for a lack of substantial pushes, and when the game is as early as when Jex was actively around, there are bound to not be any possible substantial pushes.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I guess I just don't get how the statements are flimsy amigo. When I have a flimsy spliff'o walrus I get super frustrated. I'm not getting the same sort of vibe from Tom's post. Maybe it's because I agree with them, but I felt like the development of him going on your wagon was kind of organic. I dunno man. And again, it's a pretty strong stance to say he's just pushing your lynch and not tryna develop a read when the deadline's, like, 3 weeks from now or somethin'.

I still don't see how Jex asking you about your read on me strikes such a rotten chord with you. Seems pretty innocuous to me man.

Uhh no it isn't? Ran isn't pushing Jex for inactivity, he's pushing Jex for a lack of substantial pushes, and when the game is as early as when Jex was actively around, there are bound to not be any possible substantial pushes.
that was @ what I bolded, not @ the post as a whole.
I assume you missed it because smashboards auto collapsing quotes sucks

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I can't believe I'm already reading UP as town so soon
TL;DR I would like to read your scum game so I can meta you as scum in this one
Funny enough, Poyzin strikes me as townie so far.
I'm sorry, maybe I'm only focusing on myself, but I do not like this exchange at all. As far as I've seen, JTB's first read was me being town, in which I commented that it is pretty unsafe to do so too early in the game. JTB eventually prompts JeXs for reads, in which they're only comment is (paraphrased into how I interpreted it): "Funny funny; my only read is the same as your only read!" JeXs has been quick to agree and double down on many "popular" opinions immediately once they come to our attention. KevinM proposes a Rockin wagon, JeXs is the first to join without hesitation or consideration. JTB makes what JeXs first notices as an easy read and makes the same read.

Now, I didn't want to make this vote until later, because I wanted to wait for a more broad take on JeXs' posts, because they surely are going to be more wary. If I did this correctly, their next opinion is going to be a "hot take" that nobody has claimed, to go against my argument and make it meaningless. I wish I didn't have to pressure them too early, but I have been extremely indecisive in the past, so I'm going to go out on a limb with my gut call. More development would have been ideal, but I feel there is enough to make a case.

Funny enough, Poyzin strikes me as townie so far.
What if that's only what I wanted you to think?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ryker are you town bro? Don’t lie or I’m telling mom.
Yep. Just waiting. I have a feeling that given the way this game is going at the moment, I'm going to end up with the thread in a choke hold before day's end. I mostly want to see where some of these people shake out.

I need a votecount so I can yell at nonvoters and people who have parked their vote somewhere useless. giraffelasergun giraffelasergun #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
it's a big neutral post without any commentary on the gamestate.
This is an interesting, yet insightful, call. I like it.

But this was the first post, could have been a misquote.

Self posts about your own play style always strike me as scummy. It’s like you’re setting yourself up for wifoming yourself.

Plus I don’t really enjoy bringing other games in a current game as “evidence”

That’s almost the same amount of argumentation of “I’m NEVER mafia in other games, thus I’m not mafia now.”

I prefer looking at each game clean slate.

I’m phone posting with bad internet until the 12, fyi.

Also interested in the “big post" from Kary, at least if it has more reasoning for his vote.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Hey when you put me as your number one town read can you bold it and put some cool gifs?

Thanks in advance.

Also Ran v Tom TvT or PvZ?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I have been historically blind to conflict that doesn't involve me, so let me know if my callout was a bit too petty.
Cool. That's a fixable problem. We're friends now. Being friends is fun. Friends help each other.

There's been a lot of talk about Doop being rules lawyery and reachy with his points. When that's read badly, it's typically because they're looking to find something to pin people on that's flimsy. Scum oftentimes just want to lynch someone instead of wanting to lynch someone that is scum.

I think Doop's response to Gorf fits the same sort of ilk that others have commented on. Can you go back through that slot's posts and tell me if you think his comments give you that vibe?

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is an interesting, yet insightful, call. I like it.

But this was the first post, could have been a misquote.
no, that's the post I was referring to. i guess technically he says it strikes him as scummy but most of the post is about the philosophy behind his mafia style which I could not care less about

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Hey when you put me as your number one town read can you bold it and put some cool gifs?

Thanks in advance.

Also Ran v Tom TvT or PvZ?
I dunno about either of them yet. Haven't played with Tom in years, so I don't have much to go on prior to this. I mostly want to know where Tom goes once we're rolling instead shooting the ****. Ask me then and I'll keep you updated. But Ran tho: Ran is being Ran. Give him another couple days and the read will sort itself out. If he doesn't leave a paper trail that could bury the entire state of road island, he's probably scum.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yo I was born on Rhode Island by the way. Just had to say.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
theres still plenty of people who havent said much so im going to assume they all post catching up with their opinions by tomorrow mornings read. if not they should be replaced. theres plenty to talk about,

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Tom can you respond to my responses to you.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
yeah its more pertinent that other people give their opinion on us before i respond.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
theres still plenty of people who havent said much so im going to assume they all post catching up with their opinions by tomorrow mornings read. if not they should be replaced. theres plenty to talk about,
Yeah. I was wondering if we were gonna be able to get them posting or if we were gonna have to deal with some lurkers all game.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i disagree? i know that you probably want me to talk about you more but i am looking forward to seeing what people say about our back and forth

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
that was @ what I bolded, not @ the post as a whole.
I assume you missed it because smashboards auto collapsing quotes sucks
I actually skimmed for bold after reading what you said and couldn't find it! I guess that's what they mean by dazed and confused!

But to address that, it doesn't encourage inactivity, it encourages humbling myself and not possibly making a mountain out of a molehill, letting myself watch the tides turn without frantically flailing my hands in the water thinking I'm like some sort of God figure. You know what I'm saying brother?

I'm sorry, maybe I'm only focusing on myself, but I do not like this exchange at all. As far as I've seen, JTB's first read was me being town, in which I commented that it is pretty unsafe to do so too early in the game. JTB eventually prompts JeXs for reads, in which they're only comment is (paraphrased into how I interpreted it): "Funny funny; my only read is the same as your only read!" JeXs has been quick to agree and double down on many "popular" opinions immediately once they come to our attention. KevinM proposes a Rockin wagon, JeXs is the first to join without hesitation or consideration. JTB makes what JeXs first notices as an easy read and makes the same read.

Now, I didn't want to make this vote until later, because I wanted to wait for a more broad take on JeXs' posts, because they surely are going to be more wary. If I did this correctly, their next opinion is going to be a "hot take" that nobody has claimed, to go against my argument and make it meaningless. I wish I didn't have to pressure them too early, but I have been extremely indecisive in the past, so I'm going to go out on a limb with my gut call. More development would have been ideal, but I feel there is enough to make a case.

What if that's only what I wanted you to think?
See doop, this is like exactly what I'm talking about!

For what it's worth I actually think this rationale for calling Jex scum holds more weight than what Ran's presented. I don't have much of an opinion of it yet, but I can totally vibe with what you're putting out.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think I asked you a very important question which is important for people to consider about you as well. It's a simple question about my alignment, I would think that would be pertinent to scum hunting.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
i disagree? i know that you probably want me to talk about you more but i am looking forward to seeing what people say about our back and forth
KevinM KevinM it's this **** I find interesting about Tom and why I'm holding judgement until I've seen more.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
you actually said a butt load of stuff so let me go find your specific question

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
yeah you might have to be more specific re: a question you asked me about your alignment

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think it's important for you to answer that question in the case my lynch does go through, because 'that's just a lot' is flimsy. Also I answered in that manner because that's how much thought I put into the early game. Why does that make me scum over town?
Quote for emphasis. What I want to know is, why does me posting a long post, make me scum over town?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I also think your lack of response earlier when I posted this, is not a good look for you because that shows a lack of initiative on your part. (Also something I have done as scum and have been caught by doing)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
it doesnt. should i post more or can i wait to see what others say about us

Top Bottom