• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
As for doop, yeah I did see his response as more town but I agree with marshy that his initial comment on marshy's "incongruence" seemed like a reach so I guess on balance Im still null on doop. I don't have much else to add other than that tho, mostly just gut reactions that Im voicing
I ask because, like, when presented with the same information we both come to two totally different conclusions. I see his vote on marshy and it's like if I saw someone toasting some walrus and assumed they'd share. Kinda jumping the gun a bit man! And I mean, on the surface I can kinda understand him thinking it's suspicious of marshy to just fos him instead, but that's also too, like, simple man. I dunno. And on top of that he's basically had nothing else to say about anything so far. I totallu get not wanting to out townleans but not even any sort of intrigue in any other directions aside from what he's actively involved in?

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Votecount: 12:05 PM CST 6/11

Mac (1): marshy
Rockin (3): KevinM, JeXs, Tom
Marshy (2): Maven89, Dooplissity,
Gorf (1): UtopianPoyzin
Pythag (3): Kary, Ranmaru, Ryker
Ranmaru (2): Gorf, JTB
FrozenFlame (1): Mac
JeXs (1): FrozenFlame
No Lynch (0):

Not Voting (4): Nabe, Pythag, Rockin, Maven89,

Deadline June 17th 7:00pm CST. Takes 9/17 to lynch.

Last edited:

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Haven't read a word yet, I'll be here today. But I can't stress enough the fact that SD3 is not only getting localized, but that localization is out today ... ! Not to mention, remake hype basically necessitates that I play it immediately so I can scoff at the localization.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Heyo! Just wanted to post that I'm around. I'm currently reading up the posts now and I'll make a post of my thoughts thus far. At worst, I'll make a post later on tonight. I'm leaving for work very soon (and most of my time was spent eating and watching Nintendo E3 event LOL)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
we've got six replacements on deck so if you'd rather eat food instead of play mafia then you can go subsist somewhere else

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Do you think Pythag and Ran can be scum together?
It’s possible but Pythag taking inherently nothing talking points and noncommittal “I would like to here more” posts with no further reasoning aren’t necessarily enough for me to put them as a team.

I think its usually more prudent to see who’s actively ignoring each other or buddying others on day 1. Plus we get to kill Rockin and with Ran being confirmed mafia we’ve got a pretty solid first day.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Nabe, Python, Maven, Jexs, and Rockin... why y’all don’t have a vote on someone yet. Got a SMOOTH wagon over here to ride if you want in. Rockin you can join too don’t be scared

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I think the fact that his text color is bright green makes it even harder to keep my eyes on those paragraphs.
jfyi

if you go to preferences and go 7 options down theres a "hide custom post colors" option you can toggle

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
yeah, sure, read below

you're actually not all that wrong here, and I think I'm closer to maven's mindset than you think. I read it, it felt non-genuine, so I re-scanned it to try to poke at what made it feel off to me.

neither piece of advice is bad, but the difference between them makes the post not read to me as a natural line of logic, it reads to me as you going into it with a mindset of wanting to be seen giving advice/LAMIST.

to answer Gorf, I also really don't get why you're keeping an RVS vote on someone who's absent, and not voting me? it's weirdly cautious and I thought my post might prod you into it, but for some reason you double down that you don't like my stance on your opener and that it's different from maven, but you don't want to follow up on that. maybe you're just a less aggressive player, and it's just our styles being opposed, but I can see scum!you not wanting to look like you're omgus-ing me and settling for the tepid fos instead. why fos? why not vote?

can
i mean

i started off talking about what i think power roles should do. then what vanilla townies should do. thats both sides of the coin when it comes to players of the town alignment; i would say thats a natural line of logic that covers both parts (i.e. power roles and non-power roles)

as for the fos being tepid, well, im voting one person and fosing another. i fully hoped mac would respond to me (even if it was just an "rvs" vote i laid down) and that id engage with you as well. i dont get why youre saying im tepid when i made a standalone post about it. its not like i expected you to ignore it or for people to gloss it over. i figured the brevity of the post would draw attention

JeXs

Smash Champion
Nabe, Python, Maven, Jexs, and Rockin... why y’all don’t have a vote on someone yet. Got a SMOOTH wagon over here to ride if you want in. Rockin you can join too don’t be scared
I'm voting with you! The mods just got the vote count wrong... twice. They have me as both voting and not voting.
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu
giraffelasergun giraffelasergun
Fix it please!

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
ran seems really...stiff. im not seeing that energy and passion im used to from him

#HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac

you got any opinion of doop, kary, and/or poyzin? ill answer a question of yours in return

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i think poyzin is fine, though he rubbed me the wrong way initially (for a similar reason to pythag)

don't mind doop either but i did like kary's one post regarding him

no real read on kary

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Alright, I should be here for a while on a 2 hour drive

Shoot me questions while I'm reading

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
This votecount is limp and pathetic. If I need to play for a week each phase, can I AT LEAST do so with a few people at 5+ votes.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
bit of a faulty comparison there but i like marshy's post 1 as a warning, and also as a homemade snowball. i like that people responded to it and i like that marshy bit someone for it. its all stuff.
Should I be taking this as you have a town lean on marshy/doops/maven then?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Nevermind, I already feeling a carsick and I don't want to throw up during engagement photos, so I'll keep this short for now

I don't like how Jexs and Ran approached questioning UP as the answers he could potential provide have no bearing how to read his alignment. Specifically, Ran asking the questions I previously quoted and Jexs asking something about UP's scum meta that could just be used as a source to push a mislynch.

HOWEVER Ran stands out far more (and this sucks being on mobile because I can't bring up the posts) but the change in how he was posted from questioning the new player UP (questioning every piece of his posts) versus how he responded to veteran player Kevin (very short responses, no questioning) makes me believe that Ran is attempting to earn town points off picking on someone that won't bite back

How ironic that my RVS vote would end up on the person I have as most scummy currently

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
what do you think about this statement?
doesnt tell me much. i think some players may feel like discussing their own playstyle could b helpful to the town for understanding their style. i really havent seen many scum caught off of what theyve said with regard to their own playstyle. but i have seen townies take issue with the use of self meta; i know theres a school of thought that volunteering self meta is frowned on. that said its an easy statement to make regardless of alignment so shrug

why do you ask?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
vote ranmaru

for now. lets see how this feels

not quite up to 5 but hey weve got rockin, pythag, and ran tied at 3 votes a piece. play ball

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Howdy Tom. What do you make of the FF intro and how has Marshy held up so far?
FF seems fair. he had a list of things to say that didn't really matter to me, but it acted like he was catching up for missing pages. like he was here all along! he's nothing.

marshy's pursuing a heavy snowball and its generating discussion and i'm comfortable with that. at the worst its an active papertrail. i thought his first warning post was characteristic of someone invested in the health of the game as its organizer and doesn't mean anything about his alignment but is a good thing. and i enjoy that he is bullish towards one of the guys who disagreed with him and answered fairly when inconsistent re maven

for the sake of the two in the same sentence - my opinion of marshy is not unlike FF's opinion of marshy re both FF's only two real posts

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
how do you expect to form a read on anything UP could possibly answer here?

One, I had no scum read on him, but found his tone concerning with reference to him voting Gorf. So I wanted to ask him about it, to elaborate.

This: "At one point, I genuinely thought this was a good move D1." seemed like it was justification for voting Gorf, as if implying that Gord doing that is a bad move and that's why he is voting him for it. It's like "I used to think it was a good move, but now that I know it isn't, this makes you scum, Gord" That's why I asked him to elaborate if his vote was serious or not, it's important to know. His "I was told to watch out for you" tone seemed off, as if he didn't really care to push Gorf but did anyway. It was little to go off of, but it's early game, and I do so to get the ball rolling. Also, if he is proxying his vote "I was told to watch out for you." Then I would think it's important to know who he is following, because in that case, he would be giving up responsibility for his vote and giving it to someone else. I think this is called appeal to authority.

Obviously, I wanted to know why he didn't respond to my vote. His response was fair, and mostly correct, I was pressuring him and I like to do that in early game, as I feel it's better than a vote on Rockin or Mac (even though I voted Mac but I had nothing so I was ok with that). If I ask a person why they posted something, I am looking for their motivation for posting it, although I had to clarify my questioning as I didn't get the answer I wanted in the first place. It wasn't the scummiest thing, it was very little, I had nothing else though and I asked anyway. All in all you actually got a read from his response, and I liked his response, so I would say it did help to give me a read on him.

Now my thought process in pushing this: "Well the thread is slow right now, not much content, I might as well ask him some questions to get discussion rolling, and find out his thought process with his vote" that's it right there.

---

He's looking like newbie townie to me right now, especially with his response to me and pythag. I also like that he is forthcoming, and made a good point that even though he felt some content from the other game would not really fit here, he was asked a question and it's better to give that information to the whole town rather than withhold it to avoid looking scummy. He understood that I was trying to pressure a response out of him, and comes off as genuine. Stances kind of weak, but that's what I would expect from a newbie.

This would therefore be null.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm going to try to make some stances right now, and then some responses.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
One, I had no scum read on him, but found his tone concerning with reference to him voting Gorf. So I wanted to ask him about it, to elaborate.

This: "At one point, I genuinely thought this was a good move D1." seemed like it was justification for voting Gorf, as if implying that Gord doing that is a bad move and that's why he is voting him for it. It's like "I used to think it was a good move, but now that I know it isn't, this makes you scum, Gord" That's why I asked him to elaborate if his vote was serious or not, it's important to know. His "I was told to watch out for you" tone seemed off, as if he didn't really care to push Gorf but did anyway. It was little to go off of, but it's early game, and I do so to get the ball rolling. Also, if he is proxying his vote "I was told to watch out for you." Then I would think it's important to know who he is following, because in that case, he would be giving up responsibility for his vote and giving it to someone else. I think this is called appeal to authority.

Obviously, I wanted to know why he didn't respond to my vote. His response was fair, and mostly correct, I was pressuring him and I like to do that in early game, as I feel it's better than a vote on Rockin or Mac (even though I voted Mac but I had nothing so I was ok with that). If I ask a person why they posted something, I am looking for their motivation for posting it, although I had to clarify my questioning as I didn't get the answer I wanted in the first place. It wasn't the scummiest thing, it was very little, I had nothing else though and I asked anyway. All in all you actually got a read from his response, and I liked his response, so I would say it did help to give me a read on him.

Now my thought process in pushing this: "Well the thread is slow right now, not much content, I might as well ask him some questions to get discussion rolling, and find out his thought process with his vote" that's it right there.

---

He's looking like newbie townie to me right now, especially with his response to me and pythag. I also like that he is forthcoming, and made a good point that even though he felt some content from the other game would not really fit here, he was asked a question and it's better to give that information to the whole town rather than withhold it to avoid looking scummy. He understood that I was trying to pressure a response out of him, and comes off as genuine. Stances kind of weak, but that's what I would expect from a newbie.

This would therefore be null.
this is just a lot

kevin we could lynch ranmaru first

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
this is just a lot

kevin we could lynch ranmaru first
Why does my post being lengthy deserve a lynch in your eyes? I don't see how that deserves that.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
well i sure hope you were just indulging yourself when answering JTB's question about forming a read and that's why you wrote so much about nothing and its not

also #132 was garbage and your big empty post didn't change my mind

also i was totally talking to kevin and its rude of you to interrupt?

Top Bottom