• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
what's the difference between doop's vote and maven's #115 vote that you didn't acknowledge?
doop is reaching coming at me with a claim that i was incongruent

maven said my post "feels forced." his language sounds like a gut read as opposed to the reasoning doop gave. theres nothing to say to maven about it right now

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
lol. i like the chutzpah

i basically said that investigatives should crumb and that vanillas should try not to out themselves (via perspective slip, cuz its easy for an absentminded vanilla townie to wrongly speculate on potential setups as roles start to flip) in an effort to curtail mafia narrowing down power roles. ive seen stuff like that as scum rolehunting so i wanted to nudge townies not to do it here

both of these ideas are basic advice. i just said it cuz 1) its very easy to play this game without being thoughtful in how you present yourself and thus out not having certain knowledge of the setup. for example mafia can b like 'oh player x thinks we are in setup d3 but if he was power role y he wouldnt be considering that. hes probably a vt, cool our power role hunt is easier' and 2) a lot of us havent played in a while so i was trying to get people cognizant of that

i found it hard to believe that you read the post and came away with the conclusion that you did in good faith. like you specifically scanned thru my post looking for a way to shade it instead of just taking it for the straightforward advice that it is. i didnt expect much conversation to b based around it and encouraged the town not to dwell on it, but you took the opposite approach. you are the only person to have come against it in such a manner and that reminds me of scum looking for a latching point to sling mud on a townie versus the towny reaction of reading it and moving on. which is what most people did; im finding your reaction to b an outlier in a scummy way
fwiw I had a similar reaction to Doop to that post and I'm okay with him pushing on it. "Reminding" people to breadcrumb, even if you are just mentioning it in goodwill as a refresher, just employs the Streisand effect and has a detriment against those that would follow it

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i like you JTB and i disagree with you here. i think the reminder is worth itself and i like that marshy is biting at doop

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Maaaaaaaan JTB comin' out the gates freakin swingin'! Clearly SGDQ came early cuz this man is doing a freakin scumhunting speedrun!

How's it goin brother? Curious about how you compare your Jex and Ran reads, seeing how you called Jex a Ran alt
I'll follow up on this later my dude

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i like you JTB and i disagree with you here. i think the reminder is worth itself and i like that marshy is biting at doop
yeah, which is why I took a neutral read to it

I don't like that Marshy didn't mention Maven's vote for the same post and also that Doops hasn't really followed up on his Marshy vote

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
doop is reaching coming at me with a claim that i was incongruent

maven said my post "feels forced." his language sounds like a gut read as opposed to the reasoning doop gave. theres nothing to say to maven about it right now
hm okay

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Anyways I'm out for the rest of the night, definitely already having a great time doing some mafia with old buds again!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm going to sleep too. Good night dudes.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually now that I see it again, I can see what you mean. I'll take that back. I thought there was much more to it.

My reason for saying that: Pythag mentioned he finds self meta as scummy, but he doesn't give a stance on Uto nor a vote. So he's scum because he wants to point out negative things on Uto but doesn't really push for him or anything.

Unvote; Vote: Pythag
Not sure that straw you’ve grasped will support your weight.

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin thanks for your response. I didn’t read the context properly. I’m glad we feel similar.

Also do you count the last game as us playing together? Or no since you were a hydra?

FWIW I don’t view marshy’s opening comments as scummy, I saw it as a ref at a boxing match: “I want a good clean fight, keep your hands up” kind of a statement, he wants this game to be stellar.

No idea about doop and maven though.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I honestly don't know why I came back. I was getting pretty anxious that people were talking about my plethora of posts, so I wanted to respond sooner than later.

I can't believe I'm already reading UP as town so soon
I can't either. Maybe not the wisest thing to do within the first 6 hours of the game, ngl. I mean, i appreciate your trust in me, but if/when I'm the first NK, it's your head on the line. Even if it makes things worse for me, please be cautious of hasty assumptions. (Read me as town day 4 or 5, not now.)

Maaaaaaaan JTB comin' out the gates freakin swingin'! Clearly SGDQ came early cuz this man is doing a freakin scumhunting speedrun!

How's it goin brother? Curious about how you compare your Jex and Ran reads, seeing how you called Jex a Ran alt
Pokechu Pokechu is that you?

Pythag's quote
Pythag Pythag , I'm talking good ole, standard, hydra'less mafia that I'm playing with you, where I can play as my own person without being artificially toxic.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Votecount: 12:44 AM CST 6/11

Mac (1): marshy,
Nabe (1): Ryker
Rockin (3): KevinM, JeXs, Tom,
Marshy (2): Maven89, Dooplissity,
Pythag (2): Kary, Ranmaru,
Ranmaru (2): Gorf, JTB
No Lynch (0):

Not Voting (9): Nabe, Mac, Pythag, Frozenflame, Rockin, JeXs, Maven89, Gorf, UtopianPoyzin

Deadline June 17th 7:00pm CST. Takes 9/17 to lynch.

Edit: This post removed the Gorf vote from UtopianPoyzin that was unvoted.

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm surprised you didn't mention Frozenflame here, as I know he's someone you wanted to crack open in terms of reads a few games ago. Any reason for that? I'm also curious why you didn't mention me, purely to inflate my ego.
I've probably clashed with him before, but my memory of FF is that he volunteers information. That was a list of people who tend to avoid letting me know what they're thinking, presumably to jump someone they're suspicious of later down the road as town. This tendency, however, makes it really ****ing annoying to discover and lynch them if scum.

You have NEVER left me with the impression that I didn't know where you were looking.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I was like, 12-14 when I was on AiB so I was kind of a **** then lol. I chilled out some by the NS2 days at least. Technically I've been around dgames for a long time, but I've only been active the last half year or so. Ryker hasn't played with me in years so I don't know how accurate he'll be. If you want to meta me, poke people I've played with in the last while, like Poyzin or Maven.
I don't have **** for meta. I do have a better idea of the kind of person I'm dealing with than I did previously, but meta, no.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I was going to sleep, but since you are here, I'm down to chat if you need Ryker.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I was going to sleep, but since you are here, I'm down to chat if you need Ryker.
Not really looking to tonight. I just rolled into my grandparents house and hooked up my PC. I was just catching up and wanted to make sure I didn't have to read too much. I'm going to stream Pokemon Blue for a little and go to bed soon, methinks.

Vote Pythag

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
God.

Seeing names like Jexs, Kary, JTB, and Tom while I'm catching up has made my night a lot better. I'm glad I decided to play this.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
And I've seen Jexs around here recently and you aren't voting either.

JeXs JeXs What do I have to do to get you onto a Ranmaru wagon?

JeXs

Smash Champion
I have my vote on Rockin. I don't have a good read on Ran yet. I've seen Gorf and Kev getting scummy feels from him but I don't see it, or why they feel that about him.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dooplissity Dooplissity brother, marshy just called your reason for voting him heinous and a crime against human rights. And I mean I'm all for an apathetic lifestyle but he just called your reason for suspicion total malarkey! I didn't necessarily think you were foolin' around when you said that his asking for breadcrumbs and for flower-power roles not to out themselves was off putting and whatever, but now you're sending some mixed signals. Can you, like, explain where your mind was when you called marshy out for being a narc? Do you still think he's a narc?
yeah, sure, read below

lol. i like the chutzpah

i basically said that investigatives should crumb and that vanillas should try not to out themselves (via perspective slip, cuz easy for an absentminded vanilla townie to wrongly speculate on potential setups as roles start to flip) in an effort to curtail mafia narrowing down power roivegles. ive seen stuff like that as scum rolehunting so i wanted to nudge townies not to do it here

both of these ideas are basic advice. i just said it cuz 1) its very easy to play this game without being thoughtful in how you present yourself and thus out not having certain knowledge of the setup. for example mafia can b like 'oh player x thinks we are in setup d3 but if he was power role y he wouldnt be considering that. hes probably a vt, cool our power role hunt is easier' and 2) a lot of us havent played in a while so i was trying to get people cognizant of that

i found it hard to believe that you read the post and came away with the conclusion that you did in good faith. like you specifically scanned thru my post looking for a way to shade it instead of just taking it for the straightforward advice that it is. i didnt expect much conversation to b based around it and encouraged the town not to dwell on it, but you took the opposite approach. you are the only person to have come against it in such a manner and that reminds me of scum looking for a latching point to sling mud on a townie versus the towny reaction of reading it and moving on. which is what most people did; im finding your reaction to b an outlier in a scummy way
you're actually not all that wrong here, and I think I'm closer to maven's mindset than you think. I read it, it felt non-genuine, so I re-scanned it to try to poke at what made it feel off to me.

neither piece of advice is bad, but the difference between them makes the post not read to me as a natural line of logic, it reads to me as you going into it with a mindset of wanting to be seen giving advice/LAMIST.

to answer Gorf, I also really don't get why you're keeping an RVS vote on someone who's absent, and not voting me? it's weirdly cautious and I thought my post might prod you into it, but for some reason you double down that you don't like my stance on your opener and that it's different from maven, but you don't want to follow up on that. maybe you're just a less aggressive player, and it's just our styles being opposed, but I can see scum!you not wanting to look like you're omgus-ing me and settling for the tepid fos instead. why fos? why not vote?

can

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh whoops I hit submit I'm tired

can someone else weigh in on this? I know i'm making a lot out of a little, given that it's like page 6, but this is weird, yes?

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
did a brief re-read, no other real scumleans aside from some tonal issues with Ran

a bunch of townleans but I don't want to talk about those

JeXs

Smash Champion
I would like to hear more about this read
He is honest, open and unafraid to post, which I'd imagine a newer scum player would be to some extent. He'd post his responses to people within minutes. His response to you in #215 also gives the impression that he is watching out for people who he feels town read him too early. It comes across as him being suspicious of others and afraid of anyone who he feels has extra information (in this case, mafia knowing who the townies are) and attempting to buddy up to him. This comes off as townie to me.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
God.

Seeing names like Jexs, Kary, JTB, and Tom while I'm catching up has made my night a lot better. I'm glad I decided to play this.

OOF.png.

Ryker, who are Ran’s scum buddies? I’m only snooping for the one today, so since I’m 1 for 1, 2 for 2 if you count us getting rid of Rockin, I don’t want to take all the fun out of this game for you.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If you gave me a gun with two bullets, I'd shoot Rockin because life's just a ***** sometimes and then I'd probably shoot Maven. If you get a Ran scum flip, we can just go ahead and go home by Day 4.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Also, you hadn't been posting in the interim between when I last read the thread and posted. I ****in love all you morons.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Ryker my only ask of you with me being 200% confirmed town is that you have to read Marshy and Tom. I can’t do it I’m blinded by how attractive they are and will always hard read them as town. However think about how cool that is if we are all 800% town, this game is basically already over!

How cool!

Top Bottom