• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I just searched Doushio to find a funny reply picture, when Opera asked me if I meant to go to Doushio.com.

So I did.

Thank you based Opera.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I'm kinda with xonar on this one. I never really was a movie sorta guy and I certainly don't find the appeal of most blockbusters out these days. I wasn't really going to go out of my way to see Man Of Steel but I remember all the hype surrounding it. I suppose I'm still a child at heart, more entertained with Old disney movies and light-hearted comedies.
Soup, you're still a child at heart BECAUSE you're still a child.

#HBC | Dancer

So I don't really see how one COULD have a gf/bf over the internet. Meeting up regularly simply seems like it would be required.

Like, isn't sex kinda what defines a relationship? I mean, I know there's obviously more to it but if sex ain't happening then what's separating them from simply being a friend? Seems to me that the whole reason one would find a bf/gf was so that they could **** them. If you're just looking for someone to have non-sex based fun with then it sounds to me like you're just looking for a friend, and by extension wouldn't dating online just have to qualify as that?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Ah, you know how it is Nabe, personal experience based opinions get shrugged off in lieu of a newer, more appetizing topics.

So I don't really see how one COULD have a gf/bf over the internet. Meeting up regularly simply seems like it would be required.

Like, isn't sex kinda what defines a relationship? I mean, I know there's obviously more to it but if sex ain't happening then what's separating them from simply being a friend? Seems to me that the whole reason one would find a bf/gf was so that they could **** them. If you're just looking for someone to have non-sex based fun with then it sounds to me like you're just looking for a friend, and by extension wouldn't dating online just have to qualify as that?
...Cyber ? Your not technically wrong though. In the perfect situation the relationship would start off non-physical / sexual until a point where it could turn into the physical an sexual side. I'd say the separation would be one of emotional connectivity. The person can mean more to you then a friend. Plus, i don't think it's "sex" that defines a relationship over a friendship, I think it's the physical presence in addition to all the feels an such. For example, I don't hug or really make physical contact with my girls who are friends, but with my girlfriend I've got my arm on her an the rest of it.

Maybe that's poorly explained but it kinda covers the idea, I think.

#HBC | Dancer

18 is legal adult in america lol
Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

I don't give a **** about arbitrary definitions of adulthood, you're still a kid kid. I'm 21 years old and I'm currently drinking a beer and I still consider myself a kid.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
friends don't kiss each other on the mouth and cuddle and say i love you to each other. ****ing ain't everything. also cybering is wrong and awful

god i am such a weenie

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Sword I've had a waifu for quite some time now and we've never had sex. I try to protect her innocence and while no sex has been part of our relationship yet I can see my heart still goes doki doki when she goes dere for me. You wouldn't understand.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

So you could say "I love you" when you don't really mean it but you want someone to absorb it while you are young. Plus phone sex. Without the phone sex you ask for pics and stuff and if that doesn't work out you say **** this. I mean unless you wanna fap to that ONE picture of her. lolz

Then it wouldn't work unless you met. So I agree that it wouldn't work in the end. Unless they meet.

I know a friend who MARRIED a girl from the uk while he lives in fricking ohio.

#HBC | Dancer

But people don't get together because they want to kiss and cuddle, they get together because they want to ****. Do you honestly think that kissing and cuddling and all that first base stuff is what's selling people to commit to relationships? I mean it might be a factor but it's definitely not the driving force.

I'm not saying that relationships are all sex but I think that's where they generally start. If it's not a factor than I just can't see the justification for getting a bf/gf.

Also Xonar you don't count on the account that you are Xonar and weird.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Sworddancer, you're never getting in my pants with that attitude. This relationship is over, we're no longer friends and I'm going to need you to replace out ASAP.

#HBC | ѕoup

sex is just another intimate form of affection but it certainly doesn't define the meaning to be in a relationship nor the one that you should have one.

#HBC | Dancer

Sworddancer, you're never getting in my pants with that attitude. This relationship is over, we're no longer friends and I'm going to need you to replace out ASAP.
Gova, you are too pure for me to want to blemish you with my dirty ways.

#HBC | Dancer

So why does it hove to be with the opposite gender Soup? Why does it have to be with someone who's not in your family? Why does it just so happen that most people who share this "unconditional love" with one another just so happened to be sexually attracted to one another at a certain point?

#HBC | Dancer

But you can share "unconditional love" with them, can you not? If the primary desire is unconditional love, then why is sex a factor at all? Why bother looking for someone who you can stick your weewee in?

#HBC | ѕoup

i don't think you're understanding what i'm trying to say here. go home swords, you're drunk

#HBC | Dancer

1. I am home, about to leave.

2. One Mike's Hard Lemonade is not enough to make an infant drank.

Soup, I understand your point. You think that sex is a way to share your love. However if sex's only a way to share love than why is it necessary?

I'll tell you why. It's because people have a desire for it. Can you deny this? If people had a desire for it, what better way to fufill it then by hooking up?

Listen, my friends are pressuring me to leave so I gotta go. Just know that I didn't even touch on the evolutionary side of this topic. What love really is and why it's needed FOR sex. I could go all nihilistic on you but I won't because I don't want to be depressing.

#HBC | ѕoup

no dude, i'm preaching the exact opposite. i think sex is a way to share love but i don't believe that the only way to do it. sex isn't even on my mind right now. i'm a idiot who fell hard for another girl and it just so happens that i'm not alone in my feelings this time. let me be happy.

It definitely wasn't good.

Granted, it has a couple moments of brilliance. There are some great ideas in there. They just didn't have enough time to bake. Or they were baked by a baker whose true passion lies in sauce making. I'm losing the metaphor here, but the point is something turned an idea with potential into a bloated, incoherent mess of a movie.
I can agree with this. I didn't hate it but when I walked out, I felt unsatisfied by it. It's a Nolan movie that isn't serious or deep enough to be a Nolan movie yet it doesn't have the tongue-in-cheek, goofy feel Marvel moves have while still attempting to develop their characters (coughcoughironman3cough).

Say what you will about Star Trek, but there's no denying some fundamentals—it's visually stunning, well-paced, and has likable characters.

Contrast that with Man of Steel. Visually impressive, but so high on its own special effects budget that it spends half of the movie just looking for reasons to destroy more buildings (seriously, there's a reason that a video estimating how much damage the final fight in Man of Steel would actually cause exists). It's two and half hours long and somehow it feels longer (like I said, they just bat each other around the city for the whole third act, which of course lacks a lot of drama since all of the characters involved in the fighting are impervious to most attacks; no one even bleeds). No real characters to speak of at all. Clark's emotional range slides between mild concern for others and self-hatred. Lois is smart and competent but still exists primarily to be rescued. Zod is just angry angry angry.

Like I said, there are parts that work, but as a whole, Man of Steel is a badly told story about characters I wouldn't care about if I weren't already familiar with them. On the flipside, Star Trek 2009 made me care about characters I never gave a **** about before, and continued that into the sequel.

/lawyered
dammit jerkus stop being right i want to like man of steel okay but marvel still holds my heart hostage

Top Bottom