• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
so you're admitting that it wasn't the truth when people asked you if you were looking for a relationship and you said no, that you just wanted to clear up the weird drama/awkwardness and continue being friends?

Actually, no. It was more like I got confused after a while and I tricked myself into wanting one and when it didn't work out I got mopey and depressed. That's all behind me now.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
alright. well now you're dating Nabe, hottest girl on the internet, so hey, ygot that goin for you

NINJA'D BY THE VERY PERSON I WAS TALKING ABOUT. THE NERVE!!!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
internet gfs are the bess. i loved making maplestory accounts as a girl character and gettin free **** from dudes. I can only imagine how fun it would be to be the guy in that scenario. Give away your stuff hoping for cyber, little do you know you're flirting with a man!

never get that experience at real parties
I've done this a few time to screw with forums I was new to.

It was hilarious.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I was actually a girl for about a year or so on swf. I was looking at some old posts recently and it's no wonder. People treat you like a goddess.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
watching now, but the fact that this break is from may and the video from the very beginning of june and yet it has under a million views and hasn't blown up the media industry isn't very promising

since Hellyer isn't the MoD anymore, prediction: During or after his career he got interested in UFOlogy and started reading about it, and became a believer, and now he's going to "come forward" with... the fact that he believes in aliens and per usual no actual physical or other evidence. Meanwhile the story gets traction despite that it's nothing new because he used to be an important politician.... used to be.

yep, not remotely far off so far other than him apparently being public about his stance while still in power which is surprising. A flotilla of UFOs came down from the north toward europe, and they were worried, and then they went back, and they thought they were probably Russian aircraft *trails off* so yeah aliens, and we've got three different species and...

like. yeah that's not a leap at all. I love science and nothing would be cooler to me, literally nothing*, than to get some evidence of aliens visiting the earth. but as usual it's just huge leaps of logic and grainy bigfoot-style "evidence". sigh, still gonna watch the whole thing though

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
jesus christ how was a video of a former head of defence for a ****ing G8 nation talking about ETs somehow less credible than an episode of ancient ****ing aliens??

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Well, in modern times a katana won't really cut it. You need something a little bit more modern and long ranged to get the job done.

So, I'm using a gun.

A gun that fires katanas at my target.
Get a gunblade. Best of both worlds.

Hmm. Is it bad that I'm studying and everytime I see a 'now hiring' at some place like mcdonalds or burgerking I skip it because I feel I can do better? (Since I'm studying and would rather get a higher paying job or just better job in any way cuz degree)
A job is a job is a job. If you say something is beneath you, then you never know what kind of opportunities you might be passing up. I got a job dishwashing at this restaraunt almost two years ago. Now I'm training as a line cook, so I'm actually learning something of a trade from it.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Blade has a barrel running through the blade iirc, so the barrel doesn't get in the way of the actual blade edge, thereby allowing it to be used as an actual cutting edge. That's what I figure anyways, might be completely wrong.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I've done this a few time to screw with forums I was new to.

It was hilarious.

Same. rather I quoted a Freeze Pop line and kept my gender vague for the lolz and some girls talked to me and when they found out I was a boy they instantly were like oh I don't like you. xD

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Internet GF's are alright, but it takes a certain type of maturity in a women to be able to handle the distance between the two of you and the lack of physicality in the relationship as a result. Of course you try your best to overcome it, but it is a the hill nonetheless .

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
For several years, my cousin nick played this MMORPG called Conquer Online. He was one of the more well known players on his server, and knew all the strongest players. The game would have weekly events where guilds could kind of compete for "control" of the server by capturing this castle. His guild always won.

One day he convinced me to start playing it. It sounded like fun, so I made my character and got started. His character was a female, but that's wutevs because people do that **** all the time. I opted for a male character. That's when he fills me in.

"By the way, everybody on this server knows me as 'Brittany'. They all think I'm a girl, that's how I've gotten a lot of my equipment and ****. They also all think I'm a year older than I actually am, because when I started playing I wanted to make myself 'legal'. I've established myself in this community for 3 or 4 years now under this persona, and everybody knows me pretty well, so you have to play along if you want to tell people you know me."

So for like a year and a half of me playing this game with him, I had to pretend my cousin nick was actually my cousin "brittany", and that he was 22, not 21. Dumb little details like his age may seem insignificant, but they came up. People gave him **** on his bday, because he was a chick. He had a fake Myspace page and everything (this was when myspace was the thing, not facebook). I remember there being one guy who was totally on to him. Somehow he just knew that "brittany" was actually a dude all that time, despite the fact that we told him otherwise. We had to act like he was just an ass, even though he was right.

I wasn't the one pretending to be female, but I did reap the benefits. People hooked "brittany" up with awesome stuff, and he'd give some of the **** to me, if I could use it. I still find it to be completely hilarious. Most elaborate "fake gender over the internet" story I've ever seen, personally, and I had to be a part of it, despite the fact that it's not something I've ever actually done.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
It wasn't that bad.
It definitely wasn't good.

Granted, it has a couple moments of brilliance. There are some great ideas in there. They just didn't have enough time to bake. Or they were baked by a baker whose true passion lies in sauce making. I'm losing the metaphor here, but the point is something turned an idea with potential into a bloated, incoherent mess of a movie.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
It definitely wasn't good.

Granted, it has a couple moments of brilliance. There are some great ideas in there. They just didn't have enough time to bake. Or they were baked by a baker whose true passion lies in sauce making. I'm losing the metaphor here, but the point is something turned an idea with potential into a bloated, incoherent mess of a movie.
YOU LIKED THE LAST STAR TREK LOL c

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Say what you will about Star Trek, but there's no denying some fundamentals—it's visually stunning, well-paced, and has likable characters.

Contrast that with Man of Steel. Visually impressive, but so high on its own special effects budget that it spends half of the movie just looking for reasons to destroy more buildings (seriously, there's a reason that a video estimating how much damage the final fight in Man of Steel would actually cause exists). It's two and half hours long and somehow it feels longer (like I said, they just bat each other around the city for the whole third act, which of course lacks a lot of drama since all of the characters involved in the fighting are impervious to most attacks; no one even bleeds). No real characters to speak of at all. Clark's emotional range slides between mild concern for others and self-hatred. Lois is smart and competent but still exists primarily to be rescued. Zod is just angry angry angry.

Like I said, there are parts that work, but as a whole, Man of Steel is a badly told story about characters I wouldn't care about if I weren't already familiar with them. On the flipside, Star Trek 2009 made me care about characters I never gave a **** about before, and continued that into the sequel.

/lawyered

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Holy crap how can someone who knows good **** like Scott Pilgrim, Adventure Time, Where the Wild Things Are, Disney & Pixar even make that post. If I go film myself taking a **** and add some cool lighting and screen effects can I make billions of dollars too?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Movies are so bad in general. I don't remember watching many non-animated movies that were really impressive. The timeframe is just too short to tell a good story.

Plus, it feels like it's mindless entertainment too often.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Holy crap how can someone who knows good **** like Scott Pilgrim, Adventure Time, Where the Wild Things Are, Disney & Pixar even make that post. If I go film myself taking a **** and add some cool lighting and screen effects can I make billions of dollars too?
Maybe if you get J.J. Abrams to direct it.

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm kinda with xonar on this one. I never really was a movie sorta guy and I certainly don't find the appeal of most blockbusters out these days. I wasn't really going to go out of my way to see Man Of Steel but I remember all the hype surrounding it. I suppose I'm still a child at heart, more entertained with Old disney movies and light-hearted comedies.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I used to be a big movies fan. I watched like 2 movies a week for a few years straight, then after I started getting more critical of media as a whole after watching anime, I just changed my point of view.

After taking a girl out to the movies on the first date, I discovered how **** that option is too. Movies have no use to me anymore. RIP.

#HBC | ѕoup

You didn't use the patented "Pretend to be stretching to put your arm around her" move!?!? That one is usually a killer. I would know, I seen it in a movie once.

#HBC | ѕoup

Who wants to have a discussion about the over-saturation of tropes in american entertainment?

Anyone? Maybe? No?

lmao gova great ninja

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Internet GF's are alright, but it takes a certain type of maturity in a women to be able to handle the distance between the two of you and the lack of physicality in the relationship as a result. Of course you try your best to overcome it, but it is a the hill nonetheless .
what am I even reading
how did this post even get skipped over for mindless discussion about visual media preferences

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
For what it's worth, my last long lasting relationship was largely over the internet. I met her almost every weekend, though. I can safely say I wouldn't have held out so long if we didn't meet each other regularly.

#HBC | ѕoup

i'm guessing people skimmed the part where i said we were meeting in chicago..

if it's actually a dude i'm going to alt+F4 on life

Top Bottom