• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#hbc#money#dgames#yolo#swag#thuglife#ballin#bawsss
join the pogeymans game tom!

dhorse if you appreciate any of 9th wonder tribe called quest and/or mf doom youll most likely love dilla. he did a lot of the latter twos production and his style (wails and moans of soul) is heard in wonders beats

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DX8-p3XkcGg - first song i like to show people about dilla cuz its short but you can tell hes creative as hell

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0BOJH-G0T3I - smooth beat

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
So you guys know how Azumarill is pronounced "A zoo Mah real". Does anyone also think it would be OK to pronounce it "Azz Mah real"?

Something my bro, cousin, and I have been arguing about for a year now.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
So you guys know how Azumarill is pronounced "A zoo Mah real". Does anyone also think it would be OK to pronounce it "Azz Mah real"?

Something my bro, cousin, and I have been arguing about for a year now.
Everyone knows that the best way to pronounce it is "A zoo mah rizzle"

Handorin

Smash Hero
Since I'm sure it got lost in the game:
I'm V/LA right now. We were getting ready to move. We had some complications with one apartment, so now we're moving in another. Internet access outside my phone will be spotty. Then I'm going on vacation til the end of the July. So you'll probably want to replace me.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Two and a half months. That's two and a half months to consider going to the premier of Kick-ass 2 in a home made costume.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Y'know for how popular Kickass has become after the movie's release, I read the actual comic and thought it was pretty meh

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
As far as Star Trek movies go, my favorite one is "Galaxy Quest"

... I've never been into Star Trek and I haven't seen any of the movies. I caught that rebooted movie they did a few years back on TV once and it was ok I guess.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I literally just watched Star Trek for the first time when my friend invited me to go to the new one with him. **** was pretty good for a first timer to the series.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I've watched some TOS. You take the good with the bad and the ugly, pretty much. A lot of sci-fi or fantastical themes get used [and abused], causing you to grimace. Oh, another noble savages story. Oh, another Unstoppable God Being story (some of these are great, mind you, but quite a few of them run together as unimaginative and overly similar). And of course some of them just stink too much of the era's cultural drippings to stand up to a 21st century eye.

Now and then, though, you get a really brilliant episode that's just exactly what science fiction oughta be. And even the 'eh' episodes tend to have good scenes. There was an episode I saw a couple months ago that postulated about the history of the Greek Gods and their possible existence -- and not so supernatural origins. An episode where weapon advances has caused war to become so streamlined that the warring states launch their attacks via simulation, and those declared dead voluntarily walk into execution chambers. These episodes ask interesting questions, like how you might define a God, how far one ought to go in personal compromise of a greater good, and many more of both broad and direct evocation. Would you submit your personal identity in favor of a group identity, discard your human desires -- love, sex, family, personal pleasures of any kind -- in exchange for eternal life? Meanwhile, other episodes will just provide a solid adventure, often with a mystery at the heart of it, mystery being a genre that just isn't mixed with scifi enough outside of books.

Also, Kirk, McCoy, and Spock are a really great screen trio with great chemistry and interactions. I could do without the orchestral trills that underline a lot of their interaction (I get it, it's a funny scene, shut up damn it), but the interactions themselves are just damn fun to watch. I haven't seen ST:ID yet, so I'm hoping it plays with that stuff a lot more than the first reboot film did, since the story didn't really allow for that.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
You're full of ****. The last two Star Trek movies weren't bad.
Take every possible Hollywood stereotype, throw it at transformers, take out whatever substance there is left, put it in space and Viola. It's like they knew they didn't even have to try because people will absorb anything that's fast paced with essplosions and pew pew. I felt so brain dead the entire time I was watching. I...just wanted to cry...

*spoiler* *spoiler* *spoiler*
First off the beginning was so unnecessary to the story. Like why demote him just to get him promoted again 5 minutes later??? We all knew he wasn't going to be demoted for long since the movie kind of focuses around him... and then they go about it in the most obvious way of dude dying . "Hey Imma demote you but don't worry I'll make you my first mate dude so you know if i DIE *wink wink* catch my drift *wink*". TEN MINUTES LATER.

Were we supposed to feel something for him during that bit of time? Were we supposed to be like "oh nooos he got demoted for disobeying omg i hope one day he can redeem himself " Weren't his juvenile actions supposed to be resolved in the first movie??? Why did he trust Spok not to rat him out in the first place? Did he seriously learn nothing from spending all that time with him? The story so far is just sooo stale.

OK so next up we have blond chick enter. One of the most useless protagonists. She seriously added nothing to the movie. If you removed her, the movie would go just the same. I know nothing about Star Trek, so I don't know if she's an important character in the show, but as far as the movie goes there was no reason for her to be there other than for the "hot female protagonist" spot. Seriously on the "turn around. Why herp herp?? Just turn around. OK herp! *turns back around while she's getting undressed* ooooops herp herp O_O" part just made me face-seat (no desk in front of me). I hate this useless hot-chick character with a passion. Take her out the movie and nothing would have changed except for the twelve-year olds in the audience's boners.

The silliest part of all to me was Kirk's "death". They don't have to do a fake protagonist death in EVERY MOVIE. Either kill the character off (which obviously they can't do here) OR DON"T DO IT AT ALL. The "omg he's going to die! Nope just kidding here's some magic serum!" thing is more than played out. Like not even just played out. There isn't a single lame action movie that doesn't do it. It can be used when there is actually a developed connection between the audience and the character and the fact that it's actually possible FOR the character to be killed plot wise.

That's the gist of it. Really stale. Seen it before *coughtransformers3*. Insult to the audience I'd say. Can't believe it's such a hit. I genuinely can't tell if the world is trolling me or if I'm just really missing something. Pew Pew Pew esplooooosions!!!!

A few other things:

• Though not much of concern, but to me shows the laziness/silliness that the movie was, is when Kirk and Scotty were hanging from the bridge and Chekov grabbed them, they were still dangling from the bridge even after the ship turned over, but they just skipped the scene of them getting pulled up magically some how xD.
  • The dang light effects through out the movie were lulzy and didn't make any sense.
  • Why did the blond chick stay with them at the end if they already had spock? He himself said it was redundant to have them both. I guess she's a main part of the original series?
  • THE DAMN TITLE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MOVIE AT ALL WHAT SO EVER LOLOLOLOLOLZ

The first one was *** too. I just thought it might have only been bad since I watched it bootlegged o:

Top Bottom