• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Guys, pretty sure there's a line on July (sole female obv) and we've already established that I've been out here with a blanket and a pillow, at the front, waiting for that midnight release. KnowI'msayin?

I'm also going to top cutie Ran with NH so this **** is already well in hand. Check yoself.

What about Ran?
keep up, my man

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
first part of what soup said = 100% accurate.
#feels

Soup:

IMO, Just don't let yourself regret it, if that's how you feel / felt, then you can only move forward, don't let yourself get caught thinking of those what if's, they never go anywhere (or never did for me). Knowing what you feel and how you feel in the relationship and if it makes you feel happy or w/e, then you can only do what's best for you. One person's happiness does not a relationship make. Your choice may have been hard but in the end if you feel it was best, then you did the right thing. Bar none.

Plus, #swag #**** ******* get $

#ladykiller2013

#morefishintheocean

Yay, personal insight from Rake:

I got over mine because I live as closely as I can to th ideal of having very few/no regrets, so when my over a year, on/off(I don't know how to describe it better) long distance relationship fell through (for lack of me wanting to go into it), I knew I had done everything I could and let her know / show her my feelings as best I could. I took a step back from myself and said : "It was good while it lasted, and If I could do it all again I would ". And although our relationship wasn't easy at times, it had it's moments, was good and I felt good in it while it went, but now that time is over. If you let yourself get all retrospective with "Well if I " or "What if I" or "If I h Had", then you only cause yourself more hurt. And yeah you may get hurt or you may end up feeling like you didn't mean that much to em, but it's the leap you make when you start these things. You put on your man pants and get over it, in your own way.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
btw the candy store analogy is terrible. Like it's a shining example of the fallacy that relates to people making analogies.

Tenma is a doctor and he saved two patients, one of them being a guy that went on to commit numerous murders in his name, and one of them a regular joe more or less that was responding very well both in terms of health and spirit to his treatment. Tenma saves Johann. This has a direct causal link to the death of Junkers, because had he not done so, Junkers would be alive. And so would everyone Johann killed in his name. And everyone Johann ever killed. If you honestly think you'd respond completely logically to this situation and just shrug your shoulders without feeling even a pinch of guilt or remorse or regret.... well, I think you're flat out wrong and you would, but if you actually wouldn't, I think you need to rethink your definitions of responsibility. Politics in the West are full of atrocities removed from those ultimately responsible by hundreds of layers of delegated action and redefinition of goals.

That is completely and utterly unlike your candy store analogy. In the candy store analogy the bad events that transpire are completely unrelated to you. You have no relationship with the victims, or robber(s). You are nowhere in the causal chain as far as the opportunity to commit this robbery being created, nor motivation to do so.

One patient is a monster that simply should not have been saved and stands as the antithesis to Tenma's original doctorly principle that all life is sacred. By saving the patient, the mistake, Tenma created the future death of his other patient. And unlike Johann, Junkers isn't a megalomaniacal nihilist, he's just a guy that never got that cuckoo clock he wanted when he was a kid and ended up on another path. When Tenma drops/smashes the cuckoo clock he purchased for Junkers it is symbolic of the destruction of Tenma's pure, admirable morality and principles.

Furthermore, to your point about how the show "didn't make that juxtaposition obvious"... how does it not? The show waxes about Johann being a True Monster, and Tenma about how this has altered his former principles, a ****-ton. One patient of Tenma's murders another one in PTSD-inducingly cold blood, right in front of him. The show will go to great lengths to deconstruct the nature of a true psychopath and how they are seen through the lenses of good people and "run of the mill" bad people, as well as the existence of good in bad people and the existence of bad in good people. It may have done plenty of this already. Junkers and Johann offer a really, really blatant contrast. One is true evil, asserts Tenma, that should not be allowed to live (and will get away with it if not stopped because no one else is looking).

For my money the fact that this point isn't spelled out by something like Tenma reflecting upon it later in a hotel room or something means **** balls all about whether it's the intended read of the scenario or not. To me it is obvious by dramatization alone as well as hindsight looking back on the show after having seen it all and mulling on its themes. With very rare exception, I can't ****ing stand when a work jumps right out of its narrative skin to beat you to death in the face with its themes and make them super expository obvious. Lacking that is not a weakness of storytelling in the least!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Regarding Deadman Wonderland, I read from chapter 1 to chapter 55. Pretty good
pretty good. pfft

my gift to you, DGames.

lost my **** when the dubstep happened back when i first heard it. bought it immediately. my favorite song by them by far.
i respect your decision july

that said keep your chin up dancer. weve all felt what youre feeling right now no need to be ashamed or embarrassed

"love is never lost. if not reciprocated it will flow back and soften and purify the heart"
wow
i guess the implications werent obvious then zen

at any rate we now have 3 xonavatar users. i aim to have the entire site converted by 2017
meant to do mine aegis ago, but then i forgot. once i got around to getting a not tiny avatar, i made it SPAAAACE!

i'll get on it soon™.

I love this ****.
lmaooooooooooo
If it fits it ships
implying you can fit sworddancer's D in a box....

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
man i'm so heated right now.

i decided i wanted to get injustice, and then i go look to see which console to get it on.
for some reason, the wii u isn't getting any DLC. why the ****?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
just mad because it's **** like this that makes nintendo's stuff fall behind on realgames.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Self-perpetuating cycle, unfortunately.

"Real" games don't get made for Nintendo consoles, so nobody wants to make games for them, which completes the cycle.

Shout-outs to Ninja Gaiden 3 though.

Handorin

Smash Hero
It's stuff like that that made me sell all my guitar hero games for the Wii and rebuy them, and continue to buy them, on the 360.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Nintendo doesn't carry the image for games like Marvel vs Capcom / Halo / Gear of War etc. Sure, there's the rare exception in Madworld or more recently Bayonetta, but generally they don't aim for that audience, and rightfully so, because that audience is very strongly taken in by the Xbox and PS. Why spend money programming and releasing all this DLC when you can look at sales figures and conclude that it's not worth the risk?

It sucks but that's how it is.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ey yo Travelling Cat let me holla at you

wait... somehow we are already dating. 0_o [shout outs to glyfe mastah]

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
But she's moving to San Fransisco, and I live in Orlando . . .

Long distance relationships just don't work man.
They only work if they meet regularly or plan to be together in the future. And if you communicate often too, but not in a way that annoys the other. But if one of them is very hard to contact, it's like, no.

The irony here is July is in a long distance relationship. :smash:

I'm sure she'll be able to meet with her man over there.

AND SHE BETTER MEET WITH BARDULL. AND THEN TAKE A PICTURE OF THE XMAS PRESENT :D

BarDulL

Town Vampire
They only work if they meet regularly or plan to be together in the future. And if you communicate often too, but not in a way that annoys the other. But if one of them is very hard to contact, it's like, no.

The irony here is July is in a long distance relationship. :smash:

I'm sure she'll be able to meet with her man over there.

AND SHE BETTER MEET WITH BARDULL. AND THEN TAKE A PICTURE OF THE XMAS PRESENT :D
I still have it, no worries Ran. :p!

If I'm not busy, I might indulge July with a small degree of my unparalleled yolo swagger, but only as a favor since it's a privilege to bask in my glory if I ever go up north. Highly unlikely. Maybe if she's in the Los Angeles/Culver City area at some point, but San Fran is a 5-6 hour drive, ain't nobody got time for dat!

July

Smash Apprentice
Thank you everyone for the congratulations (and for the love lol).

And Ran is right, I'm currently in a long distance relationship (although we met in person and dated for 2 months before it became long distance). I absolutely think that long distance can work although with some conditions: the biggest one for us has been making sure that every time we see each other, we plan when we will see each other next- it gives you something to look forward too. And it's not too hard to communicate long distance anymore, there are so many forms of social media to talk to people as well as simply calling or texting which make it easy to stay in touch and involved in each others lives. That said, one reason I began looking at programs in san francisco is that he'll be in san francisco as well for law school, so while long distance can work, I'm also very excited to get back to not being long distance again.

Also, Bardull, I'll be in Los Angeles/Santa Clarita area from May 19-28, so maybe we can meet/hang out sometime then :D

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
you need to tempt us using Amsterdam.

It's your trump card.

Until the states smarten up and make pot legal.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
@July - I have finals during that time, but it might not be impossible. Let's talk again about it in a week or so.

post post post
That would be fun. Bring Canadian stuff with you so that I can yoink it.

Speaking of which, I kinda want to visit Canada soon (I want to nom nom nom on poutine and check out Canada stuff). Possibly this coming winter. Would do summer, but I think I'm going to be visiting England/France which is going to cost a lot. Or maybe not. Maybe I should skip out on England/France for a chance to meet Nabe/EE/Rake?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
as someone who has done long distance twice now

it takes more time than being a 10 min drive away
or maybe ive just been doing it wrong but w/e

Top Bottom