• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Alabama v. Michigan game was disappointing seeing how ESPN was building it up and it was the only college ball game that I had been somewhat "prepped" on. More surprising though was the Tomic v. Andy match in which Tomic threw the game on the last set by hitting it like he suddenly was impersonating a wounded T-rex and didn't have wrists to pronate any of his shots. Sad. So much sad.
i don't think people expected the AL v M game to be so bad. I mean... Michigan WAS #8...

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
i don't think people expected the AL v M game to be so bad. I mean... Michigan WAS #8...
At half time, ESPN just switched it out for Auburn v. Clemson as if they were burying it. I'm not a serious football fan, however I imagine game opening rankings to be really swingy if sports writers determine the rankings with little to go on in the beginning.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
At half time, ESPN just switched it out for Auburn v. Clemson as if they were burying it. I'm not a serious football fan, however I imagine game opening rankings to be really swingy if sports writers determine the rankings with little to go on in the beginning.
True, but they usually aren't off by too much.

It could just be that AL's offense is just that good. idk.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Michigan's QB was pretty bad based on first half play. I think there were listed two turnovers, but I distinctly remember seeing three. One of which was a hilarious lob straight into the hands of the opposing player, the second being a finger slip off his teammate into the hands of Alabama, and the third being a catch by Alabama in mid-course to another Michigan player. I think the first play somehow ended up being dropped. Idek.

This made me laugh so hard idek why:

Hirshfield said:
He's a bright guy with a fantastic personality and a great attitude. It's no wonder that both fans and his teammates love him.

But he played terribly.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
lmfao thats awesome. i didn't actually watch very much of the game. every play i saw, AL just handed it to their RB and he plowed through like 6 tackles.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Alabama's RBs were ridiculous. When the game switched over to Auburn v. Clemson you could definitely tell that their RB was distinctly tiers above both teams RB. Either that or Michigan's defense was THAT bad.

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
^
Dumbledore dies at the end

Your also missing Gears of War if your a 360 person, Infamous if your a PS3 person and UMvC 3 if your either IMO

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
GOW is good. Not top of your list demanding good, but it's very fun and has some sexy art design.

Also, Condemned: Criminal Origins

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Dead Space 1 & 2

Also the fan things in Blur are alot of fun and the graphics in HD are nothing to complain about

BSP

Smash Legend
Played:
Resi 4
GTA IV
Bayonetta
Bulletstorm
Portal 2
Mario Sunshine
Red Dead Redemption
Fallout 3 & New Vegas
Far Cry 2

Need to play:
Skyrim
Skyward Sword
LA Noire
MGS 4
Left 4 Dead

What am I missing?
You need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

L4D is the ****. I prefer L4D2 though.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
So I asked this before but no one really answered except Xoni. I was wondering what all your beliefs are in higher beings. I ask because as a religious person myself, it's my duty to let you guys know the truth and have a chance of making it into the afterlife. I know how people get with this stuff, but I'd feel horrible if I didn't try...

So if you guys will keep an open mind and hear me out, I'd like to share with you the benefits of the gods and what the gods have done for us. You see, Zeus killed his father for us, mankind. Before that, the titans ruled over the universe and had no intention of creating man. It was Zeus and the other Olympians that stood against and slaughtered their father. If it weren't for them, we wouldn't be here today. It was after The Olympians came to charge that man was created through the work of Prometheus & Epimetheus. Not only that, it was through the love of Prometheus, that man received the gift of fire and became ruler over all the other creatures of the world.

So do you guys realize how Prometheus and the other gods feel when we don't recognize what they have done for us? Even though they don't make themselves known to us. Even though they do not provide any insight into their existence in our observable world, they are still very much there. And to ignore that love is just....for lack of a better word, ungrateful.

You know? I don't want to press on you guys too much, but it's my duty as a person of faith to at least get the word to you. I want you all to have a good spot in the afterlife. Hades is a just god, but a jealous god. He loves you with all his heart, but if you don't declare that you know of his existence as the the one and only ruler of the afterlife, then you will be sent to Tarturus (the deepest, darkest pit of the afterworld). He doesn't want this for you. He wants you to be with him. But you HAVE to declare his name. It is the one and ONLY way to avoid Tartarus. If any of you are interested in learning more about gods, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to hear your thoughts and talk to you about it. Even if you don't necessarily believe right away, just keep an open mind, and remember that your life on earth is temporary, but the after life is forever.

gods bless you,
-Zen

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm not that into religion either yo. I'm catholic but don't do much with it. *shrugs*

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
other ballin 360 games

the gears games
ssx
snowboard kids 2

you might like final fantasy 13 and its sequel. i tried to give it a chance but give up on it cuz i hated how itd make me play as ****ty characters i didnt give a **** about. dunno if it got better or the sequel fixed that

gonna read zens longass post later

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
BSP at least just tell me why you don't believe in gods. Like I really just want to know. I wont try to push you into believing or anything like that.

BSP

Smash Legend
Oh wait, 360. You should definitely try Banjo Kazooie and Tooie if you haven't played them.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Sorry Zen, I don't believe in the Greek pantheon. I was raised with the Mesopotamian pantheon in mind, and will never accept any god outside of the pantheon, though Marduk and his dragon Mušḫuššu are the deities who I hold in highest regard.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
The flying spaghetti monster is really going to abhor this blatant blasphemy,
you all need to get down and pray to his noodley appendages that he restricts his wrath to these disbelievers.

And this is how we repay him.

I weep tears of creamy butter for this day.

In fact we shall chase them out ourselves, think to yourself:

remember:

May the pasta be with you

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
To answer your question as best I can Zen, I'd loosely classify myself somewhere between Atheist/Agnostic. I was baptized and raised as a "lazy" Catholic, sort of how Ran describes it, in the sense that my family never went to church or prayed. I attended a Catholic school for 7 years of primary school and 5 years of high school. Atheism took over when I was about 17. My belief before that came from being raised to believe in God, rather than any religious experience or conclusion I'd reached by myself.

I think that is is possible (but not probable) for a god to exist, however assuming one does, it would have to be outside of our human understanding, so it is pointless to worship/praise something that is a creation of our own minds. If there is a God, I doubt that he worries about what I do on a Sunday morning. The Bible. Are there some profound truths in it? Assuredly there are, and many that I agree with. Are there some horrible statements and vast contradictions? Undoubtedly yes. Is it the actual word of God? I don't think so.

I don't believe the world requires a "creator" to justify our existence and why things are the way they are. My cousin became a Jehovah's Witness around a month ago, and ignoring the ridiculousness of this cult she is now a part of, this was one of the things she brought up when telling us about her faith. That the world contains so much order and complexity that it MUST have been created by a God. I told her that she is underselling the beauty and wonder of nature as well as the achievements of mankind. She says Jesus performed miracles, cured the sick and fed the hungry. I told her that modern science and medicine does this every single day.

These are just loose thoughts that popped into my mind, so sorry for any lack of cohesiveness.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
So I asked this before but no one really answered except Xoni. I was wondering what all your beliefs are in higher beings. I ask because as a religious person myself, it's my duty to let you guys know the truth and have a chance of making it into the afterlife. I know how people get with this stuff, but I'd feel horrible if I didn't try...

So if you guys will keep an open mind and hear me out, I'd like to share with you the benefits of the gods and what the gods have done for us. You see, Zeus killed his father for us, mankind. Before that, the titans ruled over the universe and had no intention of creating man. It was Zeus and the other Olympians that stood against and slaughtered their father. If it weren't for them, we wouldn't be here today. It was after The Olympians came to charge that man was created through the work of Prometheus & Epimetheus. Not only that, it was through the love of Prometheus, that man received the gift of fire and became ruler over all the other creatures of the world.

So do you guys realize how Prometheus and the other gods feel when we don't recognize what they have done for us? Even though they don't make themselves known to us. Even though they do not provide any insight into their existence in our observable world, they are still very much there. And to ignore that love is just....for lack of a better word, ungrateful.

You know? I don't want to press on you guys too much, but it's my duty as a person of faith to at least get the word to you. I want you all to have a good spot in the afterlife. Hades is a just god, but a jealous god. He loves you with all his heart, but if you don't declare that you know of his existence as the the one and only ruler of the afterlife, then you will be sent to Tarturus (the deepest, darkest pit of the afterworld). He doesn't want this for you. He wants you to be with him. But you HAVE to declare his name. It is the one and ONLY way to avoid Tartarus. If any of you are interested in learning more about gods, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to hear your thoughts and talk to you about it. Even if you don't necessarily believe right away, just keep an open mind, and remember that your life on earth is temporary, but the after life is forever.

gods bless you,
-Zen
I am godless. I to plan in the near-ish future to research the Nordic faith and check for any contradictions. If there is no reason to not believe in the Norse Gods, I will adopt it as my own faith.

The reason for being godless is that I do not feel the presence of any god whatsoever.

Top Bottom