• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I know this is a completely random question but I kind of want it answered by people because I am debating between something:

Banjo Kazooie or Catherine

???

I've got my small coming up and I need a flavour and I keep going back and forth on these two. The flavour will influence the roles a tad and and a tad not but yeah. I just felt like asking what people would rather prefer for the flavour.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Great purchase haha, when I'm not packing, instead of playing Mafia I had been playing Catherine with Sang. It is hands-down one of my favorite games now and I hadn't played a game that great in a long time. Love the endings I got too.

Btw, you will love Catherine. You miiiiight, like Katherine but you are more of a Catherine guy.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I know this is a completely random question but I kind of want it answered by people because I am debating between something:

Banjo Kazooie or Catherine

???

I've got my small coming up and I need a flavour and I keep going back and forth on these two. The flavour will influence the roles a tad and and a tad not but yeah. I just felt like asking what people would rather prefer for the flavour.
Both great games, but entirely different genres and experience. If you want a very detailed and immersive platformer mixed in a with a collectathon, get Banjo-Kazooie. If you want a puzzle game with a deep story and challenging gameplay that requires you to get better before you beat the harder levels, get Catherine. Banjo-Kazooie is really fun and I would reccomend it to anyone, but it's not very challenging and it was all about the adventure and doing things on your own pace, finding what neat things every world had to offer and collecting everything. Catherine is more about testing your skills in puzzle based levels and having incentive to follow along because of the story, it is Atlus after all.

Doesn't really matter which one you get imo, just as long as you have fun with it.

I would like to further mention that Banjo-Kazooie is my favorite game of all time.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Catherine. I have seen nothing more hype than competitive Catherine. NOTHING!

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'd say it'd have to be dependent on what you're doing for your small. Banjo Kazooie has a clear-cut mafia. Catherine, to my knowledge, wouldn't.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Yeah I love both games and both have really clear cut types of mafia and the like. It is just, dependent on the game, I would be implementing some roles I have been tinkering around with.

See Banjo Kazooie is like my childhood and was my favorite game ever (along with LoZ: Ocarina of Time) and then Catherine emulates my favorite game ever because it combines like everything I love about certain video games.

@Vinyl: It would be the original Banjo Kazooie for the N64. They ruined the series with Nuts and Bolts and I really wanted Banjo-Threeie.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
BK has the nostalgia factor, Catherine has the hype factor. Depends on the crowd you wanna pull. I think Catherine would be a more interesting flavor but BK would probably be more popular.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Speaking of which, Washed, I wanted to talk to you because if I recall you like creating new roles as well and I kind of wanted your help with my small in terms of figuring out some roles out. So hit me up sometime, unless you'd like to play in it haha.

See that's the dilemma, hype vs. nostalgia, which route? Idk haha, I just like trying to create flavour that the a lot of people will like to play in because I feel it does have an impact on how the game goes and plus I love games with good flavours and lengthy storylines.

#HBC | ѕoup

Oh you were talking about mafia

:((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

gosh

uh Banjo-Kazooie would be fun but I think Catherine could be more interesting/mafia oriented

#HBC | ѕoup

You'd have a TON of things to work with as a far as character claims and roles with BK, there are so many minor yet lovable characters that I would be fine with getting a role PM saying I'm Boggy.

Hello and welcome to Banjo-Kazooie mafia, J!

You are, Boggy, Town Drunk.

Depressed and bewittled by your nagging wife and annoying kids, you have decided to stay in and watch mr. fancy pants all day, gone are the athletic and exciting bob sled races you used to hold at your old home at Freezeezy peak. You've had a hard life, and nothing seems to interest you anymore, you have gotten fat and the apathetic expression in your face could make a grown man cry..

Boggy has had a hard life...

You are town aligned and win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
See I just replayed Banjo Kazooie and beat it 100% again so now I am working on Banjo-Tooie again.

By the way, if I do Banjo Kazooie mafia, should it be a combination of Kazooie+Tooie or just Kazooie?

#HBC | ѕoup

See I just replayed Banjo Kazooie and beat it 100% again so now I am working on Banjo-Tooie again.

By the way, if I do Banjo Kazooie mafia, should it be a combination of Kazooie+Tooie or just Kazooie?
Doing one game would give the possbility to do the other. One game only is a small, but both games is a large game for sure.

Imo just do Banjo-Kazooie and if you ever want to make a sequel you make Banjo-Tooie.

Nuts and Bolts never happened, it's not canon

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Yeah, if I did Banjo-Kazooie, I'd definitely want a sequel to it. Which I would do as a large game.

Oh! That's another thing you reminded me of haha. I was thinking of doing a Nightmare Before Christmas revamp but it'd be called "Oogie's Revenge" based on the game but still same flavour but another private for Christmas time. I would probably run it after Nabe's private of Halloween Mafia since I missed doing it last year because I took a break due to directing around that time. Probably going to be a little more experimental/same level experimental as the last NBC game.

Ya know what, I'm going to do this. I'm gonna run Catherine as my small game and then make an entirely new set-up for a large game for Banjo-Kazooie Mafia which would encompass both games. Thank you all so very much for the help/advice/thoughts!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Obv Banjo Kazooie and if you do it I'm ****ing INNING WHEEE

<3333 that game.

And I'm sure others do. Don't mind me.

But a large. :/ Hmmm.

Possibly.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I am Gova and this post adds nothing relevant to the current discussion.

[yt]beWo2Ic3cbQ[/yt]

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Yeah but then you would get the satisfaction of being right and we had to prevent that at all costs.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
So I watched Batman & Robin with Rifftrax recently, and it was ****ing hilarious and I'd recommend it to anybody. Naturally, I downloaded the Rifftrax of Batman Forever shortly thereafter.

It was really uneven, sometimes funny, sometimes one meh joke after another. So unfortunately, unlike the average Rifftrax where I'm just watching for the Riffing and the awful movie isn't entering my thoughts at all, I actually 'watched' Batman Forever.

And I was struck by the good movie that is in that movie desperately trying to claw its way through the piles of neon elephant ****. Like, there is actually a **** ton of thematic depth and symbolism in there that interconnects in a web when you look at only the story itself. Unfortunately the execution from writing to direction to acting was just so ****ing terrible across the board.

Seriously you could have used the exact same cast and story and just done a rewrite and gotten a better director. Movie would have been good ****.

Ugh. ****in Schumacher. ****in studios.

(so yeah if it wasn't obvious, don't watch Batman Forever with Rifftrax it's not that great and the movie of course is bad)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm not that much of a **e to be that type of Catherine. Though I did choose Katherine originally.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I will admit I've never played Catherine (not bought a game for about 6 years now) but my nostalgia/love for Banjo Kazooie is very, very great indeed. Please do that one.

I don't think I've ever been able to stomach the whole of a 90's Batman film... meh.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I don't think I've ever been able to stomach the whole of a 90's Batman film... meh.
It's funny because I was about to say "Batman 1989 is good"

Then I was like oh yeah that wasn't in the 90s.

Not sure if that was an intentional distinction or if you just lump all four of em together though but it was amusing

Top Bottom