• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
what if our post is relevant and we just like the glowtext? honestly.

[glow]it legitimately looks cool with this color. [/glow]

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
It can still be considered irritating to other users.

Even without postcount.
This.

I've already received a few complaints about glow-spam, so I'm addressing the problem. BSL has received an infraction.

Anyone else want to boner-joust?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
no raz, i was being serious. we can't use it because it looks cool?

i understand if we're spamming just to have more glow in the thread, but i honestly like the way my color looks with glow. why can't i use it?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I don't care if you use it just to use it, but don't post for the sake of posting about glow-text.

If you legitimately wanted to ask about it, I wouldn't have used glow-text to do so.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
So you either mean not to use glow at all or not to use glow to talk about glow text?

Because it's just not using glow text. At all, lol.

Or to make it fair, as long as people don't abuse it/make it unreadable, they will be fine?

I have a feel of doubt for a yes though.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You can use glow-text. Just stop posting things like:

"Wheeeeee glow text", as it's cluttering the thread.

We just don't need another 40 posts dedicated to it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
[glow]You can use glow text if you want. There's nothing wrong with it in of itself. I think it's stupid, personally, but there's nothing wrong with typing in glow any more than there would be in using bold, italics, or underlined.

Spamming is a different story, but actually using the glow isn't something you can be infracted for or have your posts deleted for. You can check the global rules here: http://www.smashboards.com/announcement.php?f=231&a=276

As the definition of spam is:
Posts that are irrelevant to or inappropriate for the topic of discussion are considered spam, including off-topic posts/threads, posts with no substantive content, posts that simply restate things that have already been said, and posts that include questions that have already been answered. Do not attempt to bypass the minimum characters per post restriction (also known as "10char").
it is unlikely that anything other than "blatant" spam can really be considered spam in a social room like this. It's designed solely to contain the "off topic spam" into one area, after all.

So, if you want to type in all glow, go for it.

If Raziek or any other mod infracts you, deletes or edits your post, or harasses you in any other way:

If you receive an infraction and believe it was unfair or unwarranted, you should first discuss the matter with the moderator who issued the infraction. If that fails to clear up the issue, you may post a thread in the Forum Support room. This room is open to all users who would like to discuss an issue concerning other users, policies, or staff, or other issues that require the attention of an administrator. Only administrators will be able to read your thread, and all threads will be kept confidential.
You guys can get infracted for posting "I ****ing love this glow ****" over and over after one another because that's blatant spam, but typing in all glow like I'm doing right now? Not spam.

This:

Raz said:
Any and all posts from this point on that consist only of glow-text... ...will be infracted.
Can't happen and the infractions would be overturned. Raziek really shouldn't have said anything like that because it instigates people like me, and that's the opposite of his job, but it also isn't really what he meant and he was just trying to nip something in the bud.

So, glow away. Just don't be a deliberate ****** about it.[/glow]

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Overswarm, though frustrating in his means, is correct.

I don't mean to be a complete hard-*** about it, the spam level with respect to it just needs to come down, as I said.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I don't care if you use it just to use it, but don't post for the sake of posting about glow-text.

If you legitimately wanted to ask about it, I wouldn't have used glow-text to do so.
[glow]i wasnt trying to throw in extra glow in my post. rather, i was showing you that the glow with my color isn't obnoxious, but instead cool-looking. that's all.

personally, i think the refraction should be removed, however, it's going to go away eventually, so it's no big deal. im not really in any trouble of gettting banned any time soon. [/glow]

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
There should be a moderator mafia again.

@bsl: proving that a glow isn't obnoxious with your color can still count by staff's discretion.
And it still resembles to talking about glow.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Really wish some of my irl friends were free tomarrow night on my birthday, but nope looks like I'm gonna have fun on Skype tomarrow and worry about a party this weekend lol.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Wow what is this guy. Stop glow text rararara. TALK ABOUT BOOBS INSTEAD.

Look, this is how you do a proper derail of the discussion, rookie.
http://filb.de/1772

3 videos of Black and White 2 popped up today. First video shows some neat intro stuff and you can also see that the female main character has pockets on the back of her skirt. HOW IMPRACTICAL. Second video shows a rival battle and the rival's theme is really cool from what I can hear. Third video is some player vs player and the Japanese freak out over an ice-remake of Sky Attack. Also one of them shows an Azurill being found on the first route! What a good go-to water pokemon to get early game, a lot less pressure to pick a water type starter with Azurill so early.

It looks pretty good. I'll probably be picking it up and play it, looks different enough from BW1 to waste a good amount of time.

[glow]GLOW SWAG[/glow]

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Apparently it's Red Ruy's birthday today as well, so Happy Birthday Red Ruy.

No present for you though since you're a troll.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Wow what is this guy. Stop glow text rararara. TALK ABOUT BOOBS INSTEAD.

Look, this is how you do a proper derail of the discussion, rookie.
http://filb.de/1772

3 videos of Black and White 2 popped up today. First video shows some neat intro stuff and you can also see that the female main character has pockets on the back of her skirt. HOW IMPRACTICAL. Second video shows a rival battle and the rival's theme is really cool from what I can hear. Third video is some player vs player and the Japanese freak out over an ice-remake of Sky Attack. Also one of them shows an Azurill being found on the first route! What a good go-to water pokemon to get early game, a lot less pressure to pick a water type starter with Azurill so early.

It looks pretty good. I'll probably be picking it up and play it, looks different enough from BW1 to waste a good amount of time.

[glow]GLOW SWAG[/glow]
Man, the PCs get uglier in just about every game (the girl's hair is actually a little less annoying here than in B&W1, but what's with the visors UGH). Wish you could select the rival character instead; he looks fine.

Actually, it would be nice if they'd just go full tilt and let us pick a gender, give us a blank slate, and let us customize the character via some pre-made clothing/hair/color palette options. That way, if I don't want my dude to look like a chia pet, I can pick something else. There's "unique" and then there's "piss-in-the-face-of-common-sense-and-physics-and-god-and-all-of-those-you-love-stupid."

I mean, really...

What even the ****. There's absolutely no reason for any character to look like this, ever. Unless The Hunger Games gets adapted into an anime.

Axel

J|Zεη
[glow]Just saying, that infraction was bull****. You should definitely take it back for the sake of being just. Whoever complained about spamming jumped the gun as there was no such thing. Different people posting once in glow does not constitute as spam even if it appeared so. If this were the case then everyone who posted a reaction gif (one time) to Raz becoming a mod should have been considered spamming. Seriously get out of here with that.[/glow]

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
[glow]Clearly we're going to have spam Razieks wall with more American flags for this injustice.[/glow]

Axel

J|Zεη
Mitigate. Good choice of diction.

btw Raz my post looks more serious because of my avatar, but I'm not trying to grill you or anything. More so whoever complained and gave you the false pretense. Your interpretation of bsl's post was wrong though.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Lol, look at the post in question? Whether the interpretation was correct or not, I'll never now, but what call is there to make when someone says "Hey, don't do that" and the next thing is someone doing it.

Axel

J|Zεη
Using glow text in a post is different than using a post for glow text. Raz wants to prevent the latter, bsl's was the former. You don't need to make an example out of someone innocent to maintain authority.

Swiss

Smash Lord
[glow]You can use glow text if you want. There's nothing wrong with it in of itself. I think it's stupid, personally, but there's nothing wrong with typing in glow any more than there would be in using bold, italics, or underlined.

Spamming is a different story, but actually using the glow isn't something you can be infracted for or have your posts deleted for. You can check the global rules here: http://www.smashboards.com/announcement.php?f=231&a=276

As the definition of spam is:

it is unlikely that anything other than "blatant" spam can really be considered spam in a social room like this. It's designed solely to contain the "off topic spam" into one area, after all.

So, if you want to type in all glow, go for it.

If Raziek or any other mod infracts you, deletes or edits your post, or harasses you in any other way:

You guys can get infracted for posting "I ****ing love this glow ****" over and over after one another because that's blatant spam, but typing in all glow like I'm doing right now? Not spam.

This:

Can't happen and the infractions would be overturned. Raziek really shouldn't have said anything like that because it instigates people like me, and that's the opposite of his job, but it also isn't really what he meant and he was just trying to nip something in the bud.

So, glow away. Just don't be a deliberate ****** about it.[/glow]
I hate it when I like your posts.

I hate myself.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

Not necessarily directed at Raz or BSL or anyone else, but I've had it laying around for a handful of eternities and this seems like a perfect time to bust it out.

This is such a non-issue I can't even. Let's talk about Pokemon, like adults.

Axel

J|Zεη
You also don't directly challenge authority in a way leaving any doubt and not expect repercussions.
It's fine for you to defend Raz' honor, but I'm honestly not trying to attack it . He made a mistake, that's all there is to it. BSL wasn't directly challenging authority, Raz simply misinterpreted in the moment. Stop replying to me :mad088:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.

Not necessarily directed at Raz or BSL or anyone else, but I've had it laying around for a handful of eternities and this seems like a perfect time to bust it out.

This is such a non-issue I can't even. Let's talk about Pokemon, like adults.
Oh my god thank you for a great start to my morning Circus.

I actually started to play Pokemon again.

[collapse=X post from poke center]This topic is relevant to my interests.

I was just replaying Pokemon Ruby and I realized I loved pokemon again but I wanted to get more into it. I just got done catching Groudon, I'm not Nuzlocking this run but I AM going to Nuzlocke Emerald after I'm done with my current game.

I went and decided to search what Tier level they were in, I was genuinely suprised.

Current Ruby Team:

Starter: Combusken (Lvl 33) (OU once he evolves)
Sustainer(?): Tropius (Lvl 37) (UU)
Sweeper: Skarmory (Lvl 35) (OU)
Sweeper: Hariyama (Lvl 33) (UU)
Sustainer: Wobbufett (Lvl 28) (Uber)
Catcher: Anorith (Lvl 38) (BL once he evolves)

Boxed:
Swellow (Lvl 26)
Castform (Lvl 25)
Electrike (Lvl 13)
Groudon (Lvl 45)
Vigoroth (Lvl 28)
HM SLAVE (Lvl 11)
Absol (Lvl 25)

I'd say I did pretty good.[/collapse]

I realized yesterday that my Pokemon are too weak at the state to take on the Elite Four so I've been grinding and I've also been catching more OU's just because why the hell not?

Current stats:

Blaziken (Lvl 37)
Tropius (Lvl 37)
Skarmory (Lvl 36)
Hariyama (Lvl 33)
Wobbufett (Lvl 31)
Armaldo (Lvl 40)

Currently grinding my *** off.

And then I decided while I was grinding to Level up Trapinch and Magnemite, Mostly because I realized Tropius
doesn't evolve into Flygon and that was the whole FREAKING reason I caught him :mad:

Top Bottom