• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I like some of the beats and backing tracks but it's often too simplistic and auto-tune wrecks it for me most of the time. Closest I come to actually thoroughly listening to it is Acid Jazz. Go check that out if you've got time.
Auto tune is rap. Hip hop is not rap.

If you like jazzy hiphop, I would recommend looking at my personal favorite artist, Witness.
White guy with a black voice. I dig it.

Circus, you're asking me to recommend you a good song by Megadeth? ._. it's been a while since I've listened to that stuff...

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
dood this

what

that's a white guy? ._.

also i've been trying but i've been more occupied with post rock and my exposure to hip hop is mostly mainstream nowadays.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Modest Mouse is legit.

I listen to some hip-hop, but I mainly listen to hip-hop, instrumental, chill, and abstract artists like Nujabes and Bonobo. Just relaxing beats or up-tempo 16 bit-isque type rhythms.

If I'm listening to lyrics then I'm an oldschool Radiohead fan with a lot of varying and diverse artists on the side such as Aesop, Eminem, Coldplay, MCR, Bloc Party, and others.

Omni

BRoomer
For Xonar:

[yt]kEtSeiLhPRM[/yt]

Pretty orgasmic if you like Zelda.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I mainly listen to instrumental/eastern influenced hip hop too, Omni. Tokimonsta, Otso, Roku, Nujabes, FREE tempo, Kondor, Substantial, Pismo, Blazo, Nieve, Sinitus Tempo.

I actually got into Hip Hop by that album .___.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Dude yes @ Radiohead.

Reckoner is one of the most amazing songs I've ever listened to. It's like a divine intervention being softly whispered into my ear by an angel.

Omni

BRoomer
[yt]Qwe10iDlFQo[/yt]

@EE: das my ****. reckoner is ****ing amazing.

oh i forgot to mention The Mars Volta. probably my favorite all-around CD of all time

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
DUDE OMNI

I love that song.

I also love Reckoner, my favorite is 15 step. All these recommends... I love you guys, good music taste in here.

Omni

BRoomer
Indeed, yo. Indeed.

Edit: Funny story, Xonar. I was telling my gf about Radiohead. Let her listen to 15 step. She was like, "Hey, that's the ending theme to Twilight!" I just shook my head and stayed silent.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Gonna get some AT and Ron Jenkees up in hurr in a minute. Jenkees is mad indy but nobody I've shown it to ever dislikes it, his stuff is too entrancing and chill. I think he's the missing step between current music and all that weird music you see in far future sci-fi movies.

in the meantime, allow me to take y'all... on a voyage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jy_c5TL3oQ

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Modest Mouse is legit.

I listen to some hip-hop, but I mainly listen to hip-hop, instrumental, chill, and abstract artists like Nujabes and Bonobo. Just relaxing beats or up-tempo 16 bit-isque type rhythms.

If I'm listening to lyrics then I'm an oldschool Radiohead fan with a lot of varying and diverse artists on the side such as Aesop, Eminem, Coldplay, MCR, Bloc Party, and others.
wait, ****, bonobo's hip hop?
/derp

Omni

BRoomer
Well, nah. Bonobo is much more chill and abstract and instrumental. Kinda' added the hip-hop part for the Nujabes excerpt.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Circus, you're asking me to recommend you a good song by Megadeth? ._. it's been a while since I've listened to that stuff...
No, I was making a Wayne's World reference.

Hip hop's not exactly my thing, but I don't really have a thing anymore. I have found some that I like, which I probably wouldn't have been able to say even two or three years ago. Baby steps.

Modest Mouse? Radiohead? Aphex Twin? Jerkus from 2008 has the weirdest boner right now.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Well, nah. Bonobo is much more chill and abstract and instrumental. Kinda' added the hip-hop part for the Nujabes excerpt.
oh

yeh, this is more along the lines of my musical taste as well. some of my favorite bands nowadays are mogwai, 65daysofstatic, and jazzanova for these exact reasons.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
man no one appears to have gone on my voyage. Sad panda.

Anyways, let's get Jenkee with it

[yt]IlLTQJyfdLA[/yt]

[yt]LVZpzS7SGjo[/yt]

[yt]2UvzD4gZnw4[/yt]

[yt]nRnZtn1a9bM[/yt]

[yt]G5_UrgSbF2o[/yt]

[yt]zzVPzl0kdwQ[/yt]

And for a special treat, the man himself doing a live recording I swear he must have a secret third hand somewhere what the hell. Also no he's not a savant or whatever, he's just really goofy and possibly high all the time (dem squinty eyes)

[yt]ZQ-FC3DLKwc[/yt]

Omni

BRoomer
currently riding on the Ronald Jenkee's voyage

it appears this is gonna be a good ride

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Xonar can you please stop trolling it is really pathetic and shows you for the worthless soulless scum that you are.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I have something called self respect. I don't tolerate others who disrespect me or are scum bags to me. That's what we call "strength of character" in the English language. RIGHT EE

Top Bottom