• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Could easily just modify the rules I made for Left4Scum.

• Each night phase, each infected player will be able to choose one survivor to incapacitate. If a player is incapacitated three times (on the same or separate nights, by the same or different infected players), they will die. You will not be told if two different infected players incapacitated someone during the same night, but both will count towards the target’s total allowed incapacitations.

• Each day phase, the survivors will be notified that certain players were incapacitated. The players can vote which incapacitated player they wish to revive collectively (the vote command is uncap: playername). Currently incapped players are still allowed to uncap.

• Each day phase, the survivors can vote on which player they would like to lynch (the vote command is vote: playername). Currently incapped players are still allowed to vote.

• The day phase will end when a majority lynch vote has been reached or when the deadline has been met. When the day ends, the player with the most votes to be uncapped will be revived, and all other incapped players will bleed to death. If deadline hits before a majority vote to lynch has been met, the day will end without a lynch. It is also allowed to vote for no lynch (vote: no lynch).

• In the even of a tie when voting to uncap a player, the player who reached the number first will be uncapped.
Oh, and...

In hindsight "uncap" is ****ing stupid. If incap is short for incapacitated, then uncap is short for... Un... Capacitated? That's not actually a thing right?
It's an easily grokkable play on words. Freaking jerk.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I noticed the 48 hour day expectation when reading My Mafia Academy. I'm not opposed to it, especially if it is what the players want. I didn't realize though that it took away the hammer.

Chicks dig the hammer.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Dgames,
having died and gone away,
lives on only in our memories.

The very pillars of the game
that we built our community around,
now mere rubble in the dirt.

Players post during the night phase.
Role madness reigns.
And the once guiding light of our games;
the exalted hammer,
is spoken of only in whispers.

"Why is this Day phase so long,
when we have already reached a consensus?"
they murmur to one another.

With trepidation they look among
the relics of the past and say;
"Let us not play the game, as once they did before
for those who did have gone, and are no more."

BarDulL

Town Vampire
In this current group, I don't mind that the player with the most votes dies at the end of the phase although I wouldn't mind having phase-ending hammers to go along with it.

I'll elaborate: In today's games it feels difficult to get a hammer with the exception of a bingo & no counter-claim. Especially since generally in more recent, non-current games there are always inactive Town players which makes it more difficult for Town to reach majority consensus. Scum naturally aren't motivated to get a majority consensus in general so it only caters to the problem (keeps their hands clean, they don't risk putting themselves on the receiving end of a lynch, all the while killing off Town players in the night without the Town having much to go off of).

If everyone is actively involved and majority consensus can be foreseeably reached in a group of players, then a lot more skill is required to navigate the lynch while keeping yourself off of it because it's an expected result. But that's only if a majority lynch is an expected result, which normally it would be by conventional standards (the lynch is the most important tool the Town has).

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Should have been introduced a long time ago. The alternative was that people who were too busy to follow the game and were town would just dogpile on the votes to secure a lynch for the day. Then when justifying the vote it would realistically just be that they were trying to mechanically move the game in a positive direction because the mechanic in and of itself would be a limit to town. I think that a more interesting system would be a hidden system where the posting activity or contribution of a player would raise the influence of their vote in comparison to other townies who are just straight up afk and waiting to be killed by the moderator.

Last edited:

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
48 hours hammerless is... not 72 hours, but it's close to being the right configuration.

The best thing about no hammers, it has to be said, is the late-day crunch to switch the lynch to someone completely different who hasn't once been mentioned prior.

Last edited:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
That is a good point, but I think that still happens with hammers and a deadline. It just always happens D-6 hours

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Hey guys. Some of you know that I work in healthcare, a lot of you don't. I was notified by HR that I was reported for failing to administer a medication that compromised the outcome of patient care and that the notifier will remain anonymous to me. This started a long chain of emails and conversations that basically amounted to informing everyone that the medication was withheld on purpose due to it potentially wrecking the patient and setting back their stay in the hospital for a couple of days and that this was all documented in our wonderful electronic health record.

I'd honestly like people to consider whether they really need to report someone else. I would really hope that people stop and consider that this is someone else's livelihood on the line and if you are going to submit a report for the sake of hopefully winning an award and getting ahead in your own career that's fine, but for those of you who have some sliver of sensibility to not throw someone under the bus for the sake of self promotion then please just try to be a decent human being. I understand that it's tempting to report people when there are no ramifications for being the reporter. However, this advantage is lost when everyone is reporting everyone else and you end up having to look at your patient's chart instead of looking at the actual, breathing patient because you don't know who wants your balls to the wall. There is a historical precedent in the 1950s when McCarthyistic sentimentalities of finding the enemy ran rampant and although I never had to live through it, I don't look forward to creating that type of environment.

The wonderful thing with being reported is that this will never fall off. Review meetings one year, five year, and ten years down the road I will have to dedicate 15 minutes of a 30 minute interview to explaining this incident. Other candidates will likely leave a more positive impression not having to explain why they have a benign report on them when it comes to looking for internal positions, which means that more likely than not I will have to network and develop a stronger connection than the competition. Also, I always carry around a phone & pager with my contact information always being listed. So please, if you feel like I am killing someone then instead of writing a post-note report you can honestly just call me and tell me your feelings instead of going through HR in an attempt to catch a mistake on a dying patient so you can win another reward for getting someone else canned.

P.S. I know who you are.

Last edited:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
You know that someone from Decisive Games reported you at your job in an attempt to harm your career?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Actually maybe you meant it more as "everyone at DGames: consider before reporting something. Here's my story of why you should:"

But still. It's a ****ed up situation either way. Sorry you're going through it.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
The mentality of "making others seem worse to make myself seem better" is really fricking toxic and unhelpful. Especially in an industry like Healthcare where there's much more important things to be worried about.

Sorry that you're going through that, Acrostic.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
tbh no hammer > hammer. it gives players less room to "stress" about using their vote and they can actually punctuate their reads with a vote and know that they have the leeway to change it if other people decide to hop on without them realizing

plus the late Day chase to change the lynch IS mad fun. tbh offsite ive seen more games use no hammer too, like its more standard than one would realize if theyve spent all/most of their time playing mafia in dgames

btw its really really nice to see some of the old guard around here :). id play some mafia if i wasnt livin my worst life rn but, you know, sometimes things just be like that

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
tbh no hammer > hammer. it gives players less room to "stress" about using their vote and they can actually punctuate their reads with a vote and know that they have the leeway to change it if other people decide to hop on without them realizing

plus the late Day chase to change the lynch IS mad fun. tbh offsite ive seen more games use no hammer too, like its more standard than one would realize if theyve spent all/most of their time playing mafia in dgames

btw its really really nice to see some of the old guard around here :). id play some mafia if i wasnt livin my worst life rn but, you know, sometimes things just be like that
our DGames GOD has returned....

praise thee! praise thee!!

Nice to see you after a while!! Hope you're having fun with whatever you're doing!!

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer

Yo welcome back Gorf! I disagree with your view but I respect it.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
ill be living one of my better lives after spring semesters over so expect some summer time maf from ya boi. whodve thought grad school would be a lot of work am i right

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hammer > No hammer, no hammer is lame. (If you're town) Now if I'm mafia I'd love it. Plus with hammering there comes hype when you actually get it right. I guess it doesn't matter if you don't have sway though.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
You know that someone from Decisive Games reported you at your job in an attempt to harm your career?
No, but I do know that we all play games with one-sided reporting built in place that promotes frivolous behavior like passive aggressiveness.

Last edited:
Top Bottom