• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Yeah, Laundry or Meven sounds good, but I'm not sure how good Gorf is. I've never played with him before.

EDIT: Added the "s" in "sounds". Touch screens are horrible.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
OK, so nominee pool is currently Gorf and Laundry. I will:

Vote: Laundry

To keep the vote count close. He's also been in more games recently, so he is more indicative of the current DGames community.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I'd do it, but only if nobody else wants to. I know there are plenty more qualified people in DGames, and I've only come to this area of SWF in the last year or so.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
yea, let's send Gorf instead, who we KNOW will be a **** to everyone
Although the games could be soon as good publicity if you have a good showing, I haven't seen anyone actually transfer over from Thingyman's mafia game because of stellar or solid play. Honestly I would recommend Gorf just to see the impact he makes on the game.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Gorfs definitely a personality and we know he can play the game. Plus new area hes not gonna have as much leeway with **** as ue does here

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Gorfs definitely a personality and we know he can play the game. Plus new area hes not gonna have as much leeway with **** as ue does here
Why do you think he's not going to have any leeway? Are the peeps from Epicmafia are going to put him in place?

Thingyman

Smash Cadet
Although the games could be soon as good publicity if you have a good showing, I haven't seen anyone actually transfer over from Thingyman's mafia game because of stellar or solid play. Honestly I would recommend Gorf just to see the impact he makes on the game.
There is definitely a lot of potential for crossover stuff as a result of participating, especially if you like to socialize with the other representatives outside of the games. There have been many cross-community games, and a large amount of previous reps have played on multiple sites since participating in their respective seasons. Hell, it's even spawned 3 romantic relationships :p

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Why do you think he's not going to have any leeway? Are the peeps from Epicmafia are going to put him in place?

Because we know gorf so we tolerate more of his **** than we should. They dont know him so the admin team there isnt gonna let him spout half his bull**** towards people.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
*looks at schedule*

Game dev x2, Masters classes, wife pregnant with twins, full time job, home repairs...

I wish I had time but do not.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
dude

hell yea

ill need to thoroughly read thingys post to make sure id be able to actively play when it starts. but i am definitely interested.

#HBC | Gorf

Thingyman Thingyman i assume that you will be in contact with whoever is nominated and work out scheduling and whatnot? after 4/25 i don't have anything thatll challenge my ability to play too bad, but i do have a couple of dates here and there where i would almost certainly be inactive for a large portion of that particular date (im a musician and i gig).

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
gorf can act in a way that will please the other players in the champions game. ive played games with him offsite where hes convinced others that hes the sweetest guy on the internet. hes not unaware of how he comes across and tho he will probably be goofy he will exercise restraint. same way he has made various citizens of dgames cry at one point then get a bevy of them to like his posts and react to them at another

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Reading 500 posts per day sounds exhausting. I probably wouldn't have volunteered for this even if i wasn't hosting, playing, or planning a wedding.

Good luck, Gorf!

#HBC | Gorf

gorf can act in a way that will please the other players in the champions game. ive played games with him offsite where hes convinced others that hes the sweetest guy on the internet. hes not unaware of how he comes across and tho he will probably be goofy he will exercise restraint. same way he has made various citizens of dgames cry at one point then get a bevy of them to like his posts and react to them at another
dude i AM the sweetest guy on the internet.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
man I was putting in my taxes via turbo tax

and it was like "DO YOU WANT US TO USE THE INFO FROM LAST YEAR? GET TURBO TAX PLUS! ONLY IT COSTS MONEY."

Ugh, I thought. I don't want to pay money for that, but it will let me finish my taxes in like 5 freaking minutes and my time is super valuable to me right now. Fine, I'll do it -- I'll give you my money in exchange for saving time.

then later it was like "WE THINK YOU SHOULD USE DELUXE" while I'm clicking their buttons and I accidentally clicked the "upgrade to deluxe"

Oops, I thought. I don't need Deluxe and definitely don't want to pay that much. I need to cancel that.

So I looked.

And I looked.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAND I looked.

Turns out you cancel by deleting all of the information you have already entered and starting over.

That is how you cancel Deluxe.

Turbotax went from getting some of my money to none of my money.

I hate taxes.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

and it was like "DO YOU WANT US TO USE THE INFO FROM LAST YEAR? GET TURBO TAX PLUS! ONLY IT COSTS MONEY."

Ugh, I thought. I don't want to pay money for that, but it will let me finish my taxes in like 5 freaking minutes and my time is super valuable to me right now. Fine, I'll do it -- I'll give you my money in exchange for saving time.

then later it was like "WE THINK YOU SHOULD USE DELUXE" while I'm clicking their buttons and I accidentally clicked the "upgrade to deluxe"

Oops, I thought. I don't need Deluxe and definitely don't want to pay that much. I need to cancel that.

So I looked.

And I looked.

Turns out you cancel by deleting all of the information you have already entered and starting over.

I hate taxes.
I gotta do that soon myself.

It really reallllly sucks. Also using the same program.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord

So I looked.

And I looked.

I hate taxes.
and they ask you if you want to pay like after every three steps like come on turbo tax

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm normally like

"Hey, businesses need money"

But the company lobbies specifically to keep the tax code crazy so it is more difficult to do taxes

We shouldn't need to even file taxes at this point. Our taxes should be done for us, and we just tell them if we have any deductions.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Except the government itself has an incentive to maintain the current tax system and corporations can move their headquarters oversees without needing to complicate tax codes.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
In the end, the concept of lobbying is so successful because politicians in Congress and the Senate need money more so than businesses. Anyone who does a cursory search can see that a little less than half of congressmen and senators retire from political duty... only to return to the hill the very next day to persuade their fellow politicians to cave into corporate interest. Considering the volatility of maintaining popular opinion, having a job offer if things fall through is the rational course of action for any self-serving human being.

Implying that companies are to blame for maintaining our current tax code system is ridiculous. The government has a much more invested interest in maintaining the current form of the tax code than corporations currently do because the government thrives on bureaucracy and filing paperwork when it comes to financial matters. The treasury will kindly mail out requests for companies to submit their taxes when tax inversion and tax havens run object to the current law. Corporations don't need to alter the law in order to get away with not having to pay income tax and regularly receive government assistance. Mylan accepted billions in government paid assistance before re-establishing their headquarters in the Netherlands therefore making them a non-US company and not liable to paying US taxes.

We shouldn't need to even file taxes? Lol.

We shouldn't even need to pay taxes. Why do certain states have exemption on income tax? Isn't that a huge discrepancy between citizens simply factored around where they reside. If I choose to pay or not pay for healthcare, why does refusing to pay my private insurance company come out of tax return? If you go to the Post Office do you get free service for paying taxes and being an American citizen? How about auto insurance or how about sales tax? What services are rendered to you by the United States for paying taxes? The IRS.

Last edited:

Thingyman

Smash Cadet
Thingyman Thingyman i assume that you will be in contact with whoever is nominated and work out scheduling and whatnot? after 4/25 i don't have anything thatll challenge my ability to play too bad, but i do have a couple of dates here and there where i would almost certainly be inactive for a large portion of that particular date (im a musician and i gig).
Yes, for sure. I'll do my best to ensure that everyone plays at a time that suits their schedules well.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
What services are rendered to you by the United States for paying taxes? The IRS.
Public road maintenance, police, fire department, public education, national defense, and social security, just off the top of my head? We pay too much for all that stuff, because the government is ****ing terrible at managing finances, but we do get those things as a result of taxes.

Top Bottom