• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
lengthy on-demand commercial with brian williams

"yo my god please turn this off that guy sounds so phony how can you guys listen to that it's like he's trying to sound as phony as he can possibly be"

"haha i actually like him. u ever watch his segments?"

"nah. i don't think i could last. the ***** sounds fake as ****"
(i had no idea who this guy was, i aint about that lyfe)

few days later, goes onto youtube. Trending: brian williams rpg helicopter story

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I'm a master thief, but I still go to school like a normal high school student looking for social link relationships.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I feel it's a pretty far cry though to go from introducing the game with this as a concept:

Oh you thought you were going to get something like Virtue's Last Reward? Nope. Here's high school all over again senpai.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Persona 3 was released around 2006/2007. Even a freshman starting high school will already be finishing up college. I guess now you just do it for the nostalgia of the good old times when you were in high school spending all your time on Persona 3 grinding for those social links on your PS2.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I feel it's a pretty far cry though to go from introducing the game with this as a concept:

Oh you thought you were going to get something like Virtue's Last Reward? Nope. Here's high school all over again senpai.
zero escape third installment please ;_;

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Idk school is a pretty good excuse for a social setting.
I feel that there's many things that could be done more with the school/town setting to make an impact in the battle segments of the game. I never had the chance to play P4, however with respect to P3 the Q&A you did with other players was too luck based for me to enjoy it for strengthening connections considering in retrospect that you needed to score perfect or almost perfect on certain meet ups in order to obtain the strongest form of the arcana with them.

I feel that if there was something more along the lines of having to choose between one social link over another because they are rival factions in a school or making it so that school life isn't just a 10 minute segway into another 1 hour of grinding up the steps, then I would enjoy the entire experience more. Too much of the game is centered or build around grinding and a lack of having information to make the best decisions in the game. The game in a sense obfuscates a lot of things that don't need to be obfuscated especially when they are important towards leveling up personas and defeating end game bosses/bonus bosses.

Maven89

Smash Master
Are you guys talking about a high school wizard simulator game?

also it's been too long, Zozo go join up Gorf's game and everyone else

Last edited:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I feel that there's many things that could be done more with the school/town setting to make an impact in the battle segments of the game. I never had the chance to play P4, however with respect to P3 the Q&A you did with other players was too luck based for me to enjoy it for strengthening connections considering in retrospect that you needed to score perfect or almost perfect on certain meet ups in order to obtain the strongest form of the arcana with them.

I feel that if there was something more along the lines of having to choose between one social link over another because they are rival factions in a school or making it so that school life isn't just a 10 minute segway into another 1 hour of grinding up the steps, then I would enjoy the entire experience more. Too much of the game is centered or build around grinding and a lack of having information to make the best decisions in the game. The game in a sense obfuscates a lot of things that don't need to be obfuscated especially when they are important towards leveling up personas and defeating end game bosses/bonus bosses.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Now that we actually have a protagonist who explicitly presents himself in multiple different ways, I hope they take a deeper look into the legitimacy of adopting a persona.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I would have preferred to not have a high school setting again, and would have preferred to not once again have a cast full of high school kids (P2 EP best cast rip) but not really a deal breaker and the trailer didn't have as much emphasis on school life as I thought it would. Just pretty much looking forward to see if battling demons works like in other smt games and seeing if the game will have further nods to P2.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
It's ironic though that a game that is notorious for being a grind-fest does so in order for you to unlock a story about freedom and liberation from modern society.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Grindfest? I haven't played Persona 3, but 4 wasn't grind heavy SMT focuses a lot more on fusing your weak demons when you hit a roadblock rather than grind your levels up.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Grindfest? I haven't played Persona 3, but 4 wasn't grind heavy SMT focuses a lot more on fusing your weak demons when you hit a roadblock rather than grind your levels up.
And playing elemental tag with the enemy opponents repeatedly.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
yoooo I knew there were some persona 2 homies in here somewhere! As soon as the color scheme was confirmed red/black for p5 I got hype for maybe something more like p2. Fanny's right that p2's cast is goat, I can't stand the majority of p3 and p4's cast.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
are yall still talking about animus? I been busy playing pokemons and South Park: The Stick of Truth. I've been staying far away from animus.

I guess pokemons is at least a little animu tho.. a little really animu

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
yoooo I knew there were some persona 2 homies in here somewhere! As soon as the color scheme was confirmed red/black for p5 I got hype for maybe something more like p2. Fanny's right that p2's cast is goat, I can't stand the majority of p3 and p4's cast.
Sorry bro, but Junpei is the goat.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I saw junpei and was reminded that we will never get another zero escape game :(

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Speaking of which, since the party members are thieves now there's probably going to be a detective on their case.

it makes perfect sense he even has a connection to cats already come on atlus pls

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Junpei is doodoo, Akihiko is a bit better but still ends up as nothing more than a cute boytoy, whoever Xonar likes sucks mad **** for sure.

I don't think Katsuya needs to come back but he's cool. I think an indirect role from Baofu would make more sense. I'm just waiting for when my headcannon of Elly being Elizabeth can be true so I can have best girl back. I know there's something that makes that impossible but let's ignore that.

Top Bottom