• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Now here is a riddle to guess if you can
Who is the monster and who is the man?

The Bells of Notre Dame is easily one of the best Disney Songs.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
The lack of broRider and Gilgamesh being suave, and the lack of depth that Kiritsugu added to Fate/Zero put it firmly below F/Z for me. It has a lot of pretty colors, though. I think part of it is that I've seen the story before, but even considering that I prefer F/Z.
I like individual parts of Fate Zero, but I like Unlimited Blade Works as a whole. Like there are certain segments of Fate Zero that are undeniably better than anything Unlimited Blade Works has shown us, however Unlimited Blade Works seems to have me thinking more of what is happening in the interim segments than being swept away by the big scale battles. I think I find it to be a drastic improvement over Fate Stay Night which could make me biased in my enjoyment of it.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Yeah the sheer amount of improvement is something else. Emiya is a boring hero though and Archer doesn't do enough for me to balance that out. Saber's not really helping that either. I love Rin but, honestly, she's pretty basic. Protags don't really live up to Fate/Zero's. Antag's are generally not as interesting either. Nothing cool is really going on in Fate/SN imo, the best thing we get is caster and her servant and master, which is a cool story.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
hello yes @ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu is a female gluteus maximus considered too inappropriate for the likes of smashboards because part of my image is cropped out that is butting out of the whole picture that could be displayed.

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Yeah the sheer amount of improvement is something else. Emiya is a boring hero though and Archer doesn't do enough for me to balance that out. Saber's not really helping that either. I love Rin but, honestly, she's pretty basic. Protags don't really live up to Fate/Zero's. Antag's are generally not as interesting either. Nothing cool is really going on in Fate/SN imo, the best thing we get is caster and her servant and master, which is a cool story.
I actually like the caster in FZero way more than the caster in FSN. Rider in Fzero though just blows his FSN counterpart out of the water. I think that Rider's servant + Rider were created to fulfill the Emiya basic requirements of a decent character so we don't have a bunch of disillusioned people running and gunning each other down with no one to empathize with in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Day 389th of my Journal: Acrostic has yet to show me his huge pantheon of avatars that he kept secret from me for literal years. Will my dreams ever be realized? I may not ever know.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
A co-worker of mine got T-boned by a drunk driver resulting in his car being totaled and him being in the hospital for a week now (not considering rehab) with a broken femur and left elbow. When we asked him how he was doing he told us that he was feeling pretty good because he was able to pocket his $30 winning lottery ticket before he lost consciousness in the accident. The dude is hilarious.

But you rebuilt anew eventually yes?
Not worth it. I don't really identify with my icons or really know what genre they are from. Most of your avatars are way better than the hundred or so files I have on my computer. I just picked up different leisure activities that took over the same time slot I would spend just looking at images.

Last edited:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Most of my avatars go through a few iterations, but regarding framing more than anything. Blank space is underrated (cough 90% of govas avatars which are not-so-coincidentally also **** cough).

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
please tell me you at least spend 20 minutes comparing different visual effects and image sizes. It's what normal people do.
I like to crop a lot of my images from larger files and then I organize them into different categories and by dimensions. However, I'm vacuous in the sense that I could dislike a game or genre, but really like a fan art from the genre and end up using that as an avatar simply because I just feel it is the best thing that works. I've been trying to stave off from weaboo images though because most of the time I don't even know what vn or game my images are coming from and anime most of the time is just vacuous story telling with sub-par animations and is overly reliant on genre fan service and adolescent appeal.

I think I mentioned this before but I don't think highly of improvisational story telling with a focus on short term income. Especially the success-reward dynamic model used by big publishers like Shueisha in their weekly Shonen Jump release titles which has shown how certain series can stagnate and be solely centered around staying alive for cash flow like N & B. Which is really just one side how it detracts from encouraging genuine story telling. Then again there are several series I like that came about from this model. I suppose I just hate the underlying principle of it that the story takes a second seat to the income that could be generated by throwing filler material.

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Draft means that characters are drafted by the participants in a certain order. Only the player who drafted a certain character is allowed to use that character in the draft run. The goal is to finish the game in as few turns as possible, the one who needs the least amount of turns overall is the winner.

... about "watching" it ... Visual Boy Advance allows to record videos which can be uploaded later. Or maybe somebody wants to stream his run but idk how that works.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Damn, 4 teams on HM is gonna be damn rough lmao. We definitely need some sensible rules and exceptions to make it work or else people will give up before Ch. 8

:059:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I've started to learn how to speedrun Skies of Arcadia, lord have mercy on my soul

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
There exists a multi-segment run that is 10:45, so I'm assuming that a single segment would reach 12 hours or so

As to why, the game just seems like such a challenge to tackle due to it's length and it intrigues me. I might end up just working on a multi-segment run, but it would be fun to say that I've accomplished a single-segment run when no one else has :p

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
please tell me you at least spend 20 minutes comparing different visual effects and image sizes.

It's what normal people do.
maybe. I find something that looks "avatar sized", and if I don't see something that grabs me, I don't change my avatar. I look for awhile, but I don't go beyond pg.1 of the google search results most of the time.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I just look for pictures of girls flexing. When I was mod I liked red pictures of girls flexing. When I was premium I liked green pictures of girls flexing.

I guess I can change my avatar now that I'm not premium or mod...

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I just look for pictures of girls flexing. When I was mod I liked red pictures of girls flexing. When I was premium I liked green pictures of girls flexing.

I guess I can change my avatar now that I'm not premium or mod...
Here you go S2.

Top Bottom