• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
is it me or is all the text suddenly in bold

Last edited:

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Good thing I have all these perfectly balanced scales, that's my edge here. It can't possibly lose!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I had a really vivid dream that Ryker was Lex Luther and I was Superman...(it seems my id has a superego) with some brief fluctuations into being Ra's al Ghul.

The dream was about Rex trying to show me the good of his ways. How he and his team of supervillians were seeking to create a better world. How he and I should be working together instead of against each other. Rexcorp and the supervillian alliance was at the forefront of technology and they were bringing it to the world. So what if they obtained ultimate authority? It's not as if they want to destroy the world, they merely want to rule it.

In my Ra's fluctuation, I explained to him that I had once felt that way before, and that I often questioned that moral dilemma. I described to him the instance of my good friend Dr. Doom. He had once taken over part of an alien planet and created a vast utopia where all his subjects were happy, healthy, and peaceful. Despite this, Spiderman and his friends concluded that what he was doing was evil, and that no one had the right to rule over anybody. So they took him down.

Anyways what Rex had created was really something. The superviallian network was more progressive than any nation. Zennyman was reluctant to trust him though. He just knew it was all a part of a deeper plan. But it ended before there was a conclusion.

Also Laundry was there in the form of Wash Rotom.

Also there was either a Justice League episode or a Superman movie with a similar plot. Though it was just about Lex changing his ways but not really. Also an actual episode of The Amazing Spiderman with the Doom plot.

Last edited:

Handorin

Smash Hero
I still haven't recovered from the emotional trauma from when Spider-Man and friends overthrew my planet. Curse him

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I hope you got the Ender's Shadow line of sequels, not the Speaker of the Dead line of sequels. There's a complete switch in style for the original sequels and Cardd finds his roots again in the Shadow series.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I got Ender's Game, Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide, and Children of the Mind, which should be chronological order of the series. It got awards so it can't be that bad. I heard it's more philosophical in nature, which I don't mind. I'll see, I need to finish this book I'm reading and then I'll start Ender's Game.

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If by philosophical, you mean you're getting a sermon. I enjoy philosophical. I did not enjoy them.

Chronological is Ender's Game/Ender's Shadow (they coincide), Shadow of the Hegemon, Shadow Puppets, Shadow of the Giant, Ender in Exile (which persists through the three Shadow books starting with Hegemon), Shadow's in Flight, Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide, Children of the Mind, and then there's one more Shadow book coming out that is set after Children of the Mind.

So you have the order of publication (aside from Ender in Exile which I believe was a short story originally and First Meetings which is a collection of short stories of varying times from before Ender's Game to during Shadows in Flight) and the end of the chronology aside from the final book of the Shadow series that hasn't been written yet.

I did 90% of that by memory. I just couldn't remember where Shadows in Flight fell.

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You may like the Speaker line, if you do, then good for you. Just know that it is NOT in the same vein as Ender's Game, but that the other sequel (aside from Shadows in Flight which is kinda meh) is made of the same stuff as the original.

I say this to be sure you aren't through with the series halfway through those sequels without getting to the Shadows line.

Last edited:

Uncle Ruckus

Gorf|marshy
aye yu oughta read at least enders shadow n shadow of da hegemon past the 4 yure gettin. theyre more fun n da authors writing improved in those books which were published after da 4 yure gettin. they also expose more about peter (enders brother) whos da bes character

speaker 4 da dead matches da above 2 in quality imo. xenocide n itz sequel are good but slightly dip

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Right, I'll give it a shot and see what I like. I did not request these books specifically so I couldn't do research like this, but a quick google search tells me that the Shadow series follows a different character entirely, so I guess I got the books following Ender's story (Ender's Quintet)? We'll see. If anything, Ender's Game itself should be good.

Top Bottom