• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Go ahead with Elder Scrolls Online and tell us about it when you return. Dragon Age Origins is excellent, man.

I know it's not for everyone, but I really don't think it's boring.

Last edited:

Maven89

Smash Master
I played ESO when it first came out, I quit after around two months so much of any opinion I have is out of date

But while I really liked certain aspects of it, I hated others. At the time there was almost no end game progression outside of just more level grinds, the PVP was fun but not very competitive, and it completely lacked any small pvp or even duels. I thought it was fun, but failed on too many MMO benchmarks to be a good MMO. It didn't have the progression of a game like WoW and didn't have almost anything to make it a sandbox, meaning it was an on-rails MMO with no real end game.

I'm aware they added things like Trials and are planning to add more, I've been keeping a watch on it and I'm rooting for the game, it had good mechanics set up, I'm just waiting for it to flesh out. Though I heard troubling things that they're ignoring the PVP? That'd be upsetting because PVP is the only real reason I'd play that game, I like Elder Scrolls but not enough to just play a game because it's in Tamriel.

Basically I went into it expecting an MMO, and got some weird quasi-mmo with little depth to it's systems. Manual blocking/dodging, class progression, and the actual combat were all excellent. But when I pay a game monthly I expect to play it a lot with lots of progression in it.

Last edited:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I really love Dragon Age Origins, but if the slow combat is really killing your enjoyment, maybe try Dragon Age II? The combat is a lot more fast and animated

on a possibly more helpful note, what class did you pick? Imo, the Mage is by far the most interesting and fun class to play. If you're playing something else, I can see why it might get boring. Personally, I've only ever really had fun playing Dual Wielding Warriors (sword and shield, and 2 handed both just really bored me, for some reason), and basically any kind of Mage. 2 weapon rogue also bored me, but i haven't tried an archer of any kind.

Last edited:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
elder scrolls online was a travesty, managed to combine everything that was wrongwith mmos with a blatent disrespect for it's source matterial.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
only if he.. acts upon it. Like, if Ryu starts painting his dog blue, maybe we should be concerned.
y'now I've always wanted to create a non-toxic coating for animal fur and sell either the product or the design service or both so that things like this became a reality. I'm not sure there is a way to create a long-lasting or semi-permanent die that didn't come off from the animals personal grooming. And didn't harm it in anyway. This may only be achievable through genetic manipulation. This business would be immoral beyond :153:, but I think it would be a huge hit, which is all that matters.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Someone should make a Spiff Spacely mafia

as that is a game I am creating

and I think that'd be really cool

but you would probably need to wait for the game to be done so you could actually know the roles

But for serious I'm a game designer for a game called Spiff Spacely Saves The Universe. We're still in Pre-Alpha, but we're at a point where we can test different aspects of the game and for that we need testers.

If you're interested in being a playtester: http://spiffspacely.com/testers/

Making a game is fun, but also super hard, so all the help we can get with publicity and testing and whatnot is appreciated.

I miss having time for mafia.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ooooooooooh Rogue styled. Color me interested. Let me know what I can do to help. I remember playing your FF6 Rebalance as far as it got. That was truly entertaining.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Likes and interest is good and all, but you gotta sign up to be a tester if you really want to help ;)

If any of you have any questions on game design, feel free to ask and I will answer.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Questions not so much as commentary. I have a number of subjects I could ask your opinion on, but nothing I am in pressing need of knowing. I've had quite a few different conversations with people about P:M's development.

I signed up. When it asked how I found out, I said you referred me.

The idea behind this game seems solid, but I won't know anything until I've seen more. Pre-alpha and all.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Oscar: heyy...

Daryl: ...hey.

Oscar: sooo.. you know what we haven't done in a while? Happy Hour. Upstairs the warehouse, everybody going out for a drink.

Daryl: Has that ever happened? Ever??

Oscar: Haven't we? I think we did. Yeah...

Daryl: Want me to invite Matt?

Oscar: Yeah.. the ..uh.. the whole gang. Matt in-included.

Daryl: Look just be straight with me man.

You can be gay with Matt, just be straight with me.

LMFAO

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hey guys, I'll set up the Secret Santa thread today. Especially because that would allow everyone in DGames to participate if they so wish. I'll pop it up later today so please anticipate it!

Top Bottom