• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Internet Rehab 101

You aren't soup outside of the internet. I'm not gorf outside of the internet. Enjoy yourself and feel motivated about life off the internet, and see it as a hobby man :gova:

I feel the same way about most "observant" media. Playing too much video games, watching too many shows. Even listening to too much music. If it's interfering, it's a problem. I stopped playing mafia for a while cuz I didn't feel like dedicating that time I should have been using to better myself on mafia. I'm not going to be a professional mafia player. It's simply a hobby.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Anybod good at graphical design? Please send me a message, I'll need your help for the dGames TCG - it's gonna be a thing!

:059:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have some templates for Magic the Gathering style cards and enough knowledge to make artsy fake cards with them if given images to work with, but that's about it. So that'd be perfect if you make it styled exactly like MTG, otherwise I can't help that much.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Anybod good at graphical design? Please send me a message, I'll need your help for the dGames TCG - it's gonna be a thing!

I was gonna do a ms paint mock up as a joke. I helped made some of the TGC cards at All is Brawl, but I don't have Photoshop anymore.

Here's two aib cards I made with MS paint.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Handorin-
Takes 2 less hits to kill.
May be hurt while on bench, but may be returned to hand after 2 turns notice.
Player wins if card is in play and survives for 5 turns in a row.

Hard to come up with a card when I don't know what kind of card game it is, but I envisioned Pokemonesque.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
seconding dancers sentiment that i appreciate the honesty of the latter half of that post soup

i like his idea of putting your efforts into something you know is more productive than your time on here. if youre successful in doing this then mafia becomes less of a priority for you and more something you do on the side for like maybe an hour or whatever limit you may consider. a hobbys always a fun undertaking and the very worst that can happen is that you tried something new...which makes for good stories later in life

hell it doesnt even have to be a hobby. youre always talkin bout how you like hipster music so maybe getting your feet wet on a forum/blog revolving around that will take up more of your internet time than it would here. youre always free to just chill around the social with your homies like other players whove gotten frustrated/bored with the game do. just spitballin but yeah dawg too much ****s out there to consistently allow yourself to get bad feels over something that aint that serious

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Speaking of hanging around the social like other players who've gotten frustrated/bored with the game, let's make a new game.

I want to play or host something, but not mafia.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Speaking of hanging around the social like other players who've gotten frustrated/bored with the game, let's make a new game.

I want to play or host something, but not mafia.
ghebs tryna revive his pogeymans game

Town PR

DtJ Glyphmoney|Ranmaru
I seriously think Mcnasty is trolling me (by denying that he is Mcnasty) and went to the philly tourny and is playing a game with me

MCNASTYYYYYYYY

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I've been thinking as to why this game is so addicting to me lately. Gorf has mentioned to me once or twice that I don't seem like I'm enjoying this game as much as I could, and he's probably right. I don't really enjoy Mafia anymore, It's just a chore and something I do to get my mind off other things, or even a procrastination tool. I think an easy solution is to just a take break (something I'm trying to do) but it's really hard to not impulsively sign up for a game, even if I know that I'm pushing myself. I'm sure @Zack Fair knows what I'm going through, but I'm not him and I don't wanna just stop posting here completely. I like everyone here. I like this community. Maybe the reason I keep signing up for games is because of that reason, and I don't think if this were another Mafia site I would be jumping to play in every game. I don't really know what I want to do though, should I swallow my pride and give in to my impulses, or commit to a break? I can't believe I'm asking such a question but I've always used feedback from others to make decisions, as I'm indecisive and tend to over think.

There's also a part of me who is an idealist, perhaps even someone who wants people to look up to him. I've been yearning to feel like people respect me which is part of the reason why I've gotten so demanding in games. I'm inherently a competitive person either way, always wanting to be the best at what I do, but man...I think about how stupid that is and how this is just a game and I should just chill out. I don't want that reflect poorly though, which is why I try so much because I don't want to let people down. I get stressed in games because of my burden of this, afraid if I **** up people aren't going to want to play with me or look at me negatively.
I would really, REALLY like to play a game with you. You seem to have the exact problems that I'm good at solving and I think we'd have fun. Unfortunately, I do not want to play anything in the queue and do not want to play in too many games at once.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I will have very limited connection starting Monday, going all the way through until next Saturday because of work related stuffs. I'll be able to post as much as possible but in case I don't meet prod standards for posting, this is me posting my V/LA.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
So black science is amazing and I'd recommend that anyone with a passing interest in comics to start reading it right now.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Pulp science fiction. Looks pretty good. Haven't read it myself, but I have a friend who runs a comic shop and he has read it.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Ive missed posting with this avatar

so
which of y'all ****** told gheb that Im part of the "friendly" category?

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
So D-Games Final Fantasy 6 (my playthrough of the game) is going swimmingly, featuring the ensemble cast of....

Raena (female name I like) as Terra
@ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker as Locke, the charismatic thief!
@KevinM as Edgar, the womanizing King of Figaro
@Ignatius (Iggy) as Sabin, Edgar's freedom-loving suplex-it-all brother.
Sophie (D-Games Skype Call) as Celes, former general of the Empire.
@ #HBC | marshy #HBC | marshy as Cyan, honorable general.
@ Shun Goku Satsu Rake Shun Goku Satsu Rake as Gau, feral child.
Myself as Shadow, Edgey and mysterious guy because I felt like it. BARK BARK.
@WashedLaundry (Alex, because Laundry doesn't fit) as Setzer, World's Greatest Gambler (who got blatantly duped by Ryker).

and eventually featuring (when I get there):

@ #HBC | ZoZo #HBC | ZoZo as Relm, the sassy painter.
@ DtJ S2n DtJ S2n as Strago, Relm's lovingly overprotective crotchety old grandpa.

Considering @Circus for Mog, seems like a good Moogle name. Accepting applicants for Gogo & Umaro.

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ran's one big teddy bear.
Umaro is a [friendly] Yeti.

I don't think anybody fits Umaro as much as he does.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I always think naming characters differently than their canon is a cool option when it's given, but I usually stick with it because I feel awkward otherwise. I try and name all my protagonists after their actual name, and I get the whole self-insert idea but it's just not for me.

I'm glad you're my boyfriend, Jamal-kun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom