• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DG Interview Thread: Walrus? Toasted

RPS

• Total voters

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I came in here hoping it was up.

*sad face*
You hear that Laundry

J wants you to get it up

Just get it up for J man

He's gunna be sad if you don't get it up soon

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
It's Daft Edgeworth. He's pretty cool.

I'm just more a fan of rockin' the Phoenix Swag shades than the helm.

Stew was supposed to be the swagjudge but he chickened out. We're recruiting a third member.

Someone down?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I would, if the Daft Edgeworth was still open. Also if I wasn't already Captain ****ing Marvel.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Best game.

Laundere! How does this nickname make you feel? What's the best kind of gimmick or best way to implement a gimmick into a mafia game? How do you balance PR heavy games so that Mass Claim doesn't wreck them? I sure hope everybody already asked all the questions I wanted to. Also could you make another joke about Rockin?

but marshy I have questions to ask and answers I NEEED!
and then stew gave me more questions

thankfully these won't take more than about 5 or so minutes to do.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
>thankfully these won't take more than about 5 or so minutes to do
>still takes forever to put interview up

:|

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
You commit suicide. How?
What the actual ****.

Also, No Hetero has become more offensive than funny in practice lately. Try to keep it classy, gentleman.

/antsatapicnic

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
If I ever decide to kill myself, I know exactly how I'll do it.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
What?
It's not something you considered before?
It's not something that I think is good to consider.

And therefor not something I think anybody should be encouraging anyone else to consider, even as a hypothetical. It's not a joke, and it's not enlightening; it's just ****ed up.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Honestly I think a majority of the intelligent population has considered it in some way, shape or form before.

It's interesting. It says a lot about someone. It might not be good to consider, but hey, if he's uncomfortable with answering then he simply doesn't answer.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
and then stew gave me more questions

thankfully these won't take more than about 5 or so minutes to do.
2.5 hours later....

I swear to god Wash either hasn't started and is lying or is trolling us

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Honestly I think a majority of the intelligent population has considered it in some way, shape or form before.
Would love to see some reasoning for a comment like that if I were at all interested in derailing this thread any further. Especially since you took the time to specify "intelligent population," and not just "everyone."

Also keep in mind that "considering" it is much different than the concept of it flashing through your mind at some point. I would think it likely that most people who don't have a reason to kill themselves probably rarely if ever consider how they would do it.

It's interesting. It says a lot about someone. It might not be good to consider, but hey, if he's uncomfortable with answering then he simply doesn't answer.
I actually think it says very little. You don't get points for creativity or pain threshold or quickness or anything like that with a question like this. You learn a lot more about a person from the knowledge that they want to kill themselves, and why.

Basically it bothers me that you seem to think a question like that is "interesting." And that you think thinking about the ways one could kill oneself makes one smart or interesting. It doesn't. It's morbid for morbid's sake.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I guess I am.

Regardless I don't see the harm in asking the question. Call it naieve or a cultural difference, I don't friggin know either.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Would love to see some reasoning for a comment like that if I were at all interested in derailing this thread any further. Especially since you took the time to specify "intelligent population," and not just "everyone."

Also keep in mind that "considering" it is much different than the concept of it flashing through your mind at some point. I would think it likely that most people who don't have a reason to kill themselves probably rarely if ever consider how they would do it.
Alright. Different wording then.

I think a majority of the intelligent population has thought about it.

Why do I specify intelligent population? Because smart people think about stuff, simple as that.

I actually think it says very little. You don't get points for creativity or pain threshold or quickness or anything like that with a question like this. You learn a lot more about a person from the knowledge that they want to kill themselves, and why.

Basically it bothers me that you seem to think a question like that is "interesting." And that you think thinking about the ways one could kill oneself makes one smart or interesting. It doesn't. It's morbid for morbid's sake.
...You're jumping conclusions with the underlined.

I think it's interesting. Does someone want to die through chance? Hang himself so others can see it? Jump in front of a train and have it be less preparation and a quick finale? Jump from a building? etc

Yes it's friggin morbid. Does it matter? Are you offended by me asking? Because in that case, I have no idea why. Are you shocked by me asking? Because in that case, I have no idea why.

Basically I have no idea "what your problem is".

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
and yes I realize that considering and thinking about is a big difference.

Give a non-native English speaking guy at 0:20am a break pls c:~

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
That's still not something to bring up out of the blue easily for the general population with people looking at you funny.

Plus for people who have, like me, I'm either drunk or talking to a therapist when bringing it up.

So no, going with Circus here.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I don't care what side you pick. It's not an issue of picking sides. I don't care if people look at me funny, I don't even know what your point is or why I have to justify asking a question.

Yes, I know I tend to be unorthodox. If you have an issue with that, then simply don't get close to me. Let me do my thing and I'll let you do your thing. I really have no idea why that's so hard but eh. I'm willing to have a friendly discussion about this with Circus.

I never asked for anyone to butt in and give their opinion, Ruy.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
@Xonar: Okay. If you don't know what my problem is then we have nothing to discuss here. Forget I said anything. Washed can answer whatever he wants.

I legitimately wasn't trying to start anything here. I was just pointing at something that I thought was ****ed up, because somehow nobody else had yet.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.

As a person who has considered suicide in his own life (it happened a very long time ago, please don't worry about me), I can safely say that it does not breed intelligence nor is ever acceptable. Even bringing up suicide to me is taboo, and it's something I don't like talking about. I know that in a real world that it has happened many times before, but it is an overall negative and something that isn't worth discussing.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'm not trying to start anything. My initial comment wasn't a joke. I am not offended by what you did and I am seriously open to talk about it.

and gee, Soup. As someone who considered suicide in his own life, I can safely say that it does not breed intelligence. Bringing up suicide is not a ****ing taboo to me because I look at it from a rational point of view as well as an emotional point of view, instead of going with the society route of "suicide bad no talk about it !!!!11 cuz we told u so1111 logic is not involved11!1!1"

I wasn't discussing suicide either. I was asking a question.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Your first sentence sparked something in me to respond, I disliked it. If I misread your intentions then that's my fault but I certainly don't think you should **** an attitude with me just for that.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I never asked for anyone to butt in and give their opinion, Ruy.
You could have worded it better.

Instead of, "You commit Suicide, how?"

You could ask, "You go out, how?" Since that way doesn't imply depression nor mental issues that could be happening with a person and just asks.

That one is more tactful, or at least sugar coasts it better.

And what Soup said.

Top Bottom